Favorite Anime

Started by Avaitor, December 27, 2010, 04:35:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Cartoon X on April 21, 2013, 01:31:42 AM
Geez. All of them are based of some anime series. I really should watch more anime movies. :sweat:

I recommend Summer Wars, and maybe Ninja Scroll. The former is just an all-around great movie, especially if you had any sort of liking whatsoever for Digimon Adventure: Our War Game (its the same director tackling the same concept, except with all original characters in something completely unrelated to the Digimon franchise). The latter is just a cool movie that, certainly isn't any sort of masterpiece, but I still find it to be damn entertaining to this day (though, it is technically based off a series of novels, so its not technically a stand-alone original movie, even though it still comes off as one).

LumRanmaYasha

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on April 21, 2013, 03:44:30 PM

I recommend Summer Wars, and maybe Ninja Scroll. The former is just an all-around great movie, especially if you had any sort of liking whatsoever for Digimon Adventure: Our War Game (its the same director tackling the same concept, except with all original characters in something completely unrelated to the Digimon franchise). The latter is just a cool movie that, certainly isn't any sort of masterpiece, but I still find it to be damn entertaining to this day (though, it is technically based off a series of novels, so its not technically a stand-alone original movie, even though it still comes off as one).

Ah, yeah. Summer Wars is a movie I've been meaning to see for a long time, although I've never seen that Digimon movie (by the time I got into anime shows when I was a kid the show went to Toon Disney, which I didn't have), so I wouldn't be able to make any comparisons. Ninja Scroll sounds interesting. I'll check it out.

I've also been meaning to check out Paprika, Porco Rosso, Naussica, and Castle in the Sky. Are they any good?

Avaitor

The only one of those I haven't seen is Paprika, but the only one that I liked of what I saw was Nausicaa. They're all worth checking out, though.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Foggle

You should watch Perfect Blue! One of the best movies ever.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

He should watch Ninja Resurrection. Clearly a masterpiece of anime cinema. :sly:

Foggle

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on April 21, 2013, 04:20:03 PM
He should watch Ninja Resurrection. Clearly a masterpiece of anime cinema. :sly:
Oh, yes! And Legend of the Overfiend.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Fuck it! Let's throw MD Geist into the mix as well and force him to watch it. :>

And if we can even include OVAs, then we can probably make him watch some Genocyber too. :whip:

The Shadow Gentleman

I still need to see End of Evangelion...

gunswordfist

CX, do you like the Bebop movie more than the show?
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

LumRanmaYasha

Quote from: gunswordfist on April 21, 2013, 08:52:30 PM
CX, do you like the Bebop movie more than the show?

No. It's a great movie, but Cowboy Bebop is a fantastic, almost cinematic, series already. I think it's on par with great episodes like "The Real Folk Blues 1 & 2," but I don't like it as much as "Pierrot Le Fou," "Ballad of Fallen Angels," and "Jupiter Jazz 1 & 2."

Spark Of Spirit

You should check out all of Miyazaki and Kon's movies as they are all quite different. There's no way to gauge which ones you'll like before you see them.

Quote from: Foggle on April 21, 2013, 04:18:22 PM
This one didn't really work for me when I saw it way back when.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 22, 2013, 04:17:23 PM
Quote from: Foggle on April 21, 2013, 04:18:22 PM
This one didn't really work for me when I saw it way back when.
Really? I thought it was the best Hitchcock film Hitchcock never made.

talonmalon333

Also, Grave of the Fireflies is excellent.

Foggle

If you haven't seen Redline yet, FUCKING WATCH IT RIGHT NOW OMG

BEAUTIFUL ART
EXCELLENT ANIMATION
GREATEST OST
FANTASTIC DUB ACTING

100/10

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody