LumRanmaYasha

Quote from: VLordGTZ on October 03, 2013, 03:52:29 PM
Here's my list:
10. "Ashita Hareru ka" Maison Ikkoku
9. "Fukai Mori" InuYasha
8. "Boku-Tachi wa Tenshi Datta" DBZ
7. All 5 Yu Yu Hakusho ending themes
6. "(Yume) ~Mugennokanata~" Level E
5. "Roundabout" Jojo's Bizarre Adventure (TV)
4. "Ray of Light" FMA: Brotherhood
3. "Real Folk Blues" Cowboy Bebop
2. "Shiki no Uta" Samurai Champloo
1. "Just Awake" and "Hunting for Your Dream" Hunter x Hunter 2011

You've got a pretty great list yourself!  ;D

I forgot about that Maison Ikkoku one, but it really is a classic, and I gotta love the Sesshomaru goodness in "Fukai Mori"  too ;). I love all the Yu Yu Hakusho endings too, but only Homework Never Ends could really break into my Top 20 for me.

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on October 03, 2013, 04:55:42 PM
I know for certain that my favorite ED theme would be "Heart of Sword" from Rurouni Kenshin, but I couldn't make much of a list beyond that.

That's a pretty great choice for a favorite regardless!  :)

Spark Of Spirit

All good choices. I find this one rather underrated as a whole. GTO had some great themes, but the first opening and ending were still my favorites.

And while I loathed the first Bakuman opening, I actually thought the first ending was really good and suited the series really well.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I can't believe I forgot to mention "Yuuzora no Kamihikouki" from Hajime no Ippo. That one's a definite a classic.

LumRanmaYasha

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on October 03, 2013, 06:18:18 PM
All good choices. I find this one rather underrated as a whole.

Man I can't believe I forgot about that one too! The GTO anime does have some great themes. I should get back to finish it.

I also found this ending from Urusei Yatsura that I really adore: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6tTnQbecpE. Everyone in the series dancing by Lum in silhouettes, the fact that half of it is in (really good) english, and the very end of it, makes it pretty awesome in my book.  :swoon:

The fourth ending, I, I, You, & I, is pretty good too, mainly because  seeing everyone in the series chase Ataru around in super-deformed style always gets a chuckle out of me (and I loved how they used it at the end of the first movie as well).   :)

gunswordfist

In no order:

YYH - "Homework Doesn't End" - It's amazingly catchy. I love the lyrics "tick tock tick", how the drawings are done in the first half of it and Yusuke holding that giant club. I love it all!

Inuyashi - "Fukai Mori" -Yes, Sesshomaru was great in it. This ending is the greatest part of the show.

RK - "Heart Of Sword" - I watched it yesterday due to ek mentioning it and got another massive overflow of nostalgia

Outlaw Star - "Hiru no Tsuki" - It's so beautiful.

Samurai Champloo - It took me awhile to get into the intro because my expectations were so high but I think I've always loved this ending. Cartoon X and Rynnec are right, it's great.

FMAB - "Ray Of Light" - After a hectic episode, this would come on and calm things down. The animation matches it so well.

Cowboy Bebop - "The Real Folk Blues" - I loved it when adult swim didn't skip this!

Fist Of The Northstar US and Japanese version - I actually heard (they both have the same animation iirc) the US version first. It has no lyrics but is addictive and awhile ago, I actually used the same words for it that I used to describe Ray Of Light - it calms you down after a hectic episode. I love the original Japanese version even more (like how I like You Wa Shock more than the still good US version)

Hunter X Hunter 2011 Ending 1 - I've been planning on making a list of my favorite part from each arc and I was going to jokingly put "THE FIRST ENDING! FUCK YEAH!" then put "the hunt on the island, specifically when Gon trained himself/hunted Hisoka." for the Hunter Exam arc. But the first ending is honestly not too far from my favorite part of that arc. That shit rocked and there's nothing like watching Killua fall down countless feet whil calming having his hands in his pockets and everyone else is at least a little bit scarediirc
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

LumRanmaYasha

I was going to wait until the end of the year, after I had gotten to a few more series on my queue, to update my favorites list, but after finishing two pretty great anime recently and reevaluating some others, I'll update it now and then reevaluate it if it changes by the years' end.

30. Martian Sucessor Nadesico and Neon Genesis Evangelion (I like both for similar reasons and it's hard for me to choose between them atm)
29. Outlaw Star
28. Gurren Lagann
27. Samurai Champloo
26. Ouran High School Host Club
25. Pani Poni Dash
24. Urusei Yatsura
23. Azumanga Daioh
22. Baccano!
21. Fullmetal Alchemist and Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
20. Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic
19. Puella Magi Madoka Magica
18. Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
17. Black Lagoon
16. Case Closed
15. Lupin the Third franchise (Green Jacket, Red Jacket, and The Woman Called Fujiko Mine)
14. The Big O
13. One Piece
12. JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2012)
11. The Slayers franchise (my favorite still being the original)
10. Serial Experiments Lain
9. School Rumble
8. Ranma 1/2
7. Cowboy Bebop
6. Monster
5. Yu Yu Hakusho
4. Dragonball
3. Maison Ikkoku
2. Trigun
1. Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo

That top 5...that could very well be permanent, or at least last a good long while, since my love for those series has stood either the test of time or the test of quality. I somehow doubt any other anime I watch would best these series into the top 5, since I'd have to like them more than Monster in the first place, which is enough of a feat.

One Piece is out of my top ten for the first time in....ever. Really that's because the quality post-Impel Down isn't great and Toei-cheapness can ruin some great moments for me when I rewatch some parts, but obviously the story, ost, and the general consistent quality of the first 206 episodes still prevents me from ever not considering it one of my favorites (and the series is my fourth favorite manga, and that's not changing anytime soon, so even Fishman Island's anime adaptation couldn't destroy my enjoyment of the series as a whole for me).

Even though it's my fifth favorite manga, I find the Urusei Yatsura anime a wee bit inconsistent. At it's best it's amazing, and at it's worst...it's just a little dull, but it doesn't have the benefit of an excellent dub like Ranma had to soften the blow of those dull eps either. I still love the anime, but I'm not sure I enjoy it enough to put it over the series in my top 20.

The Fullmetal Alchemist animes, formerly my favorite animes earlier this year (and since 2010, in fact), have dropped to #20. That's more do to revisting/watching other shows and liking them better than the franchise, but unlike other people here, I do still really like them, though I get that both are also vastly overrated by the anime fan community as a whole.

Now, the big new additions here are JoJo's Bizarre Adventure and Magi. I took my sweet time finishing JoJo. I watched Phantom Blood in July, but it took me until last saturday to touch Battle Tendency. That's mainly because I felt the second half of Phantom Blood was a little weak, and that made me less inclined to watch the rest of the series, putting it off. However, I am so fucking glad I did decide to watch again, because Battle Tendency is incredible. It blows Phantom Blood out of the water in every way imaginable, and Phantom Blood was already really damn good, so that's really saying something. Excellent protagonists in Joseph and Ceaser, excellent villains in the Pillar Men, incredible fights that overrun with creativity and badassery, a better use of the amazing OST, and over all a highly addicting, satisfying experience that ranks the arc among one of my favorites in all of animation. Battle Tendency is so good that eps 5-9 of the series, which are only good and not great anyways, don't hurt my enjoyment of the anime as a whole and it easily broke into my top ten, besting One Piece (to which I'm sure Dalek will snicker at  ;)). So...yeah Vlord, I love JoJo now, and I cannot frickin' wait for Stardust Crusaders next year. It'll be the best anime of 2014, no contest.

Magi is also amazing. It takes the good story of the manga and makes it even greater. The characters are likable and engaging from the onset, the pacing is fast, the fights are great (Aladdin and Ugo v. Judar was intense for a fight so early in a shonen series), and the Balbadd arc...that is another new favorite story arc for me and must be watched to be fully appreciated so do it. Overall this show was just a blast, and one of the most fun series I've had the pleasure of seeing, all year even. If Kingdom can be even better, the whole franchise might move up on my list. It really is a great series that I could recommend almost anyone, even those who normally don't care for shonen series, to watch, and I can't wait to see where Kingdom and the Magnostadt arc goes, because it's sure to be fun.

As for currently running series like Kill la Kill and Samurai Flamenco...I'm just hesitant to consider them "favorites" until they are finished with their runs, though I expect both series would place in the Top 25. If I had to rank the currently running anime I'm watching, the order would be:

1. Kill la Kill
2. Magi: The Kingdom of Magic
3. Samurai Flamenco
4. Hunter X Hunter (finally starting keeping up with this today)
5. One Piece

I have yet to catch up on Gundam Build Fighters, but I do plan on keeping up with it once I do, so that will make six anime I'm keeping up with for the time being. I like all these shows, the One Piece anime is probably the weakest of the bunch because of pacing issues, but of course, it's One Piece, so I still get lots of enjoyment out of it (Punk Hazard being a good arc helps). 2013 has overall been an incredible year for me as an anime fan, honestly my best ever, and I still have a month ahead to get to some other shows I've been meaning to get to, so it should end big for me in that regard.

EDIT: Slightly changed the order around and expanded it into a top 30.

VLordGTZ

Quote from: VLordGTZ on August 10, 2013, 10:52:40 PM
15. Level E
14. One Piece
13. Black Lagoon
12. FMA: Brotherhood
11. Dragon Ball
10. JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (the 2012 TV anime)
9. Durarara
8. Cowboy Bebop
7. Samurai Champloo
6. Casshern Sins
5. Slayers franchise (I like TRY the most)
4. Fate/Zero
3. Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
2. Hunter x Hunter 2011
1. Yu Yu Hakusho

I guess I'll update this

20. Madoka Magica
19. Durarara
18. Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo
17. Level E
16. FMA: Brotherhood
15. One Piece
14. Black Lagoon
13. Gurren Lagann
12. Dragon Ball
11. Magi
10. Cowboy Bebop
9. JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (TV)
8. Samurai Champloo
7. Casshern Sins
6. Fate/Zero
5. Slayers franchise
4. Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
3. Maison Ikkoku
2. Hunter x Hunter 1999/2011
1. Yu Yu Hakusho

LumRanmaYasha

Spark Of Spirit

It sort of sticks out with all those other slobber-knockers.  ;)

But yeah, it's well deserved.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

VLordGTZ

Grave

Quote from: Grave on June 20, 2013, 03:13:02 AM
Quote from: Grave on January 03, 2013, 12:59:30 AM
01. Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
02. Samurai Champloo
03. Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex/2nd Gig
04. Gungrave
05. Rurouni Kenshin/Samurai X: Trust and Betrayal
06. Cowboy Bebop
07. Hellsing
08. Trigun
09. Yu Yu Hakusho
10. Death Note

For the most part my list don't change much unless I see something that really catches my eye, and for the most part that's very rare especially since I'm very picky about what I watch.

I might as well update this as well.

01. Ghost in the Shell: SAC/2nd
02. Samurai Champloo
03. Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
04. Gungrave
05. Hellsing/Ultimate
06. Cowboy Bebop
07. Rurouni Kenshin/Trust and Betrayal
08. Yu Yu Hakusho
09. Hajime no Ippo
10. Trigun

Same list for the most part, just the order changed quite a bit not to mention the removal of Death Note and the addition of Hajime no Ippo. I caught wind of HnI around 2010 I think, and was pretty much hooked on everything about the series. The bad thing about HnI is that the experience was nearly ruined because of New Challenger. To me, next to RK and YYH, HnI is the next greatest shounen series. I'm not a fan of boxing (MMA all the way) nor am I a fan when it comes to sports and anime together, but Madhouse handled HnI so well that it made me feel like I was watching just pure good action instead of a sports/boxing anime.

01. Ghost in the Shell: SAC/2nd Gig
02. Samurai Champloo
03. Cowboy Bebop
04. Hellsing/Ultimate
05. Gungrave
06. Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
07. Hajime no Ippo
08. Trigun

Honorable mention:
Basilisk
Samurai 7
Death Note

Perhaps a big change (and probably blasphemous as well), and perhaps this is more of a heat of the moment type of thing for me. The removal of shonen series is more to the fact that I've become bored of them (at this point I'd rather read them). The one-on-one battles, tournament stuff are things that needs to change, while not change, but perhaps have a different approach or something. HnI is excused because it's boxing, and, well, you can't having 2-on-1 boxing matches and whatnot. FMA:B is slowly trickling down the list too. Truth be told it's because of shonen (partially) that I haven't really bothered with anime.

Not gonna include OVA's or movies.

With that said, there are some shows that I plan to check out eventually, and can potentially make it to my list.

Baccano
Durarara
Twelve Kingdoms
Corpse Princess
Birdy the Mighty: Decode
Darker Than Black

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

If you're looking for different kinds of stuff, then there are plenty of choices out there. You just have to look in the right places. Pretty much any Naoki Urasawa series is worth reading/watching. I'm also currently watching Space Brothers, which is excellent. Recently I've just been a bit more interested in series that aren't action driven for a change.

Spark Of Spirit

If that's the case, might I suggest Planetes?

It's a slower show, but it's a good one.

LumRanmaYasha

March cannot come fast enough.

Though, I wish Viz had made a more interesting trailer for it. There is something old-school about a bunch of narration though, which may have been the point.  :D

Dr. Insomniac

Got bored and decided to make a list of my favorite villains.