Favorite Anime

Started by Avaitor, December 27, 2010, 04:35:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: gunswordfist on March 18, 2015, 08:30:53 PM
They are actually my favorite anime animation studio. :D
Check out their full body of work!

It's pretty impressive. Not everything is perfect or even great (or even good), but they've done a high amount of quality work.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Asunaro Studio: Akira
Bones: Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
David Production: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2011)
Gonzo: Afro Samurai
Group TAC: Baki The Grappler
Madhouse: Hunter X Hunter 2011, Summer Wars and Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust ( :swoon: surprised but not surprised they did these two movies)
Manglobe: Samurai Champloo
Nippon: Hunter X Hunter 1999
Pierrot: Yu yu Hakusho
Toei Animation: Fist Of The Northstar
Satelight: Heat Guy J
Studio Gallop: Rurouni Kenshin
Sunrise: Cowboy Bebop
Ufotable: Fate/Zero

Will have to check out that list.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

LumRanmaYasha

Spark Of Spirit

I'll put up a couple.

A-1 Pictures: Magi
Comet: School Rumble
Deen: Maison Ikkoku
Gainax: FLCL
Ghibli: Porco Rosso
J.C. Staff: New Dominion Tank Police
Kyoto Animation: Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid
MadHouse: Trigun
Mappa: Kids on the Slope
Nippon Animation: Hunter X Hunter (1999)
Pierrot: Yu Yu Hakusho: Ghost Files
Production IG: Patlabor: The Movie
TMS Entertainment: The Castle of Cagliostro
Toei Animation: Dragon Ball
Triangle Staff: Serial Experiments Lain
Trigger: Kill La Kill
Xebec: Martian Successor Nadesico
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Great lists, CX and Spark!

Oh, BTW, while I didn't list anything from them, I was surprised to realize that Studio 4C has worked on their fair share of Western cartoons.

VLordGTZ

Let's see here....
A-1 Pictures: Silver Spoon
Artland: Mushi-shi
Bones: Space Dandy
Brain's Base: Durarara
Studio Comet: School Rumble
David Production: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
Deen: Maison Ikkoku
Gainax: Gurren Lagann
Ghibli: The Wind Rises
Gonzo: Welcome to the NHK
J.C. Staff: Slayers Try
Kyoto Animation: Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid
MadHouse: Trigun
Manglobe: Samurai Champloo
Mappa: Kids on the Slope
Nippon Animation: Hunter X Hunter (1999)
Pierrot: Yu Yu Hakusho
Production IG: Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
Shaft: Madoka Magica
TMS Entertainment: Lupin III: The Woman Called Fujiko Mine
Toei Animation: Dragon Ball
Trigger: Kill La Kill
Ufotable: Fate/Zero
White Fox: Jormungand

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

It looks like I'm the only one who dares to not list Cowboy Bebop as my favorite Sunrise anime. :P

Not that it doesn't deserve it, but War in the Pocket is just my favorite from them.

Also, I notice that I'm the only one who picked something other than Dragon Ball for Toei. I was really close to choosing it, but Tamers really is a better anime, in my eyes. I still do love Dragon Ball, but what knocks it down just a little for me is that I do consider the manga to be superior.

gunswordfist

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on March 18, 2015, 09:48:49 PM
It looks like I'm the only one who dares to not list Cowboy Bebop as my favorite Sunrise anime. :P

Not that it doesn't deserve it, but War in the Pocket is just my favorite from them.

Also, I notice that I'm the only one who picked something other than Dragon Ball for Toei. I was really close to choosing it, but Tamers really is a better anime, in my eyes. I still do love Dragon Ball, but what knocks it down just a little for me is that I do consider the manga to be superior.
Tamers would have been my second choice.

gunswordfist

LumRanmaYasha

I like Tamers, but I love the OG DB more. It would be my third choice, though (after Bobobo).

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Tamers is my favorite because of a more consistent run.

While the first 100 or so episodes of Dragon Ball are mostly classics, the non-manga material really takes a downturn in quality in the last third of the series' s run, IMO.

gunswordfist

If you had to seat 5 of your favorite space western characters in one car, which 5 would you pick?

I'd have Vash in the driver's seat, Wolfwood sits Shotgun, Spike picks whatever backseat window he wants, Gene gets the left over window and Jim Hawking sits in the middle.

LumRanmaYasha

I was thinking they'd put Panda Genma or Nodoka on the cover of the last set, instead of female Ranma again. Though, it works with having her on the cover and male Ranma on the spine and all. Not to mention that art just looks beautiful.

Man, I'm really hoping Viz puts out similar blu-rays for Maison Ikkoku after this is done. Though a Ranma OVA and movie blu-ray set will probably come out first, though that might not end up coming out this year.

LumRanmaYasha

This year is Slayers' 25th anniversary? Oh man, I didn't even realize that! It'd be a dream come true if they made some sort of new anime announcement at this art exhibition they're doing.