Young Justice

Started by Avaitor, January 26, 2011, 08:36:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daikun

Quote from: Cartoon X on May 08, 2013, 10:29:16 PM$10,000,000?

Good luck with that.  :>

Unless you'd like it to be a cheap-ass Flash cartoon, I'd say that's a good estimate.

LumRanmaYasha

I believe in quality too, Daikun. But it's going to take a lot of fans contributing their money to reach freaking $ 10,000,000, and I'm not sure enough fans will donate enough money to reach that goal. Time is an issue too. There's only 87 days left. Even if every YJ fan on the planet manages to contribute, I'm not sure if the goal will be reached. It's not likely to happen, sorry to say.

Foggle

Has any Kickstarter even reached half of 10 million yet?

Daikun

Quote from: Foggle on May 08, 2013, 11:30:20 PMHas any Kickstarter even reached half of 10 million yet?

Yes.

Foggle

Quote from: Daikun on May 09, 2013, 12:12:31 AM
Yes.
Sweet baby Jesus. And here I thought Torment 2 was the highest grossing Kickstarter so far...

Still, though, I can't see Young Justice's fanbase pulling together that much scratch.

Peanutbutter

Will anything really happen if it does reach that high? They're thankfully not charging anyone who donates unless Warner Bros. change their minds, but why would this convince them to renew it? If they said no before, that means they don't think the show is profitable at all. Even if this reaches the deadline, everything grinds to a halt if they say no again.

Avaitor

Yeah, I don't see Warner changing their mind on renewing the show even if it goes that far. At best, they'd consider a DTV or two, which fans really should aim for instead.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

GregX

I have it on good authority that somebody who would really, really, really like to see WB renew YJ thinks the people at SMGO are morons who don't know what the fuck they're doing. ;)

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: GregX on May 11, 2013, 05:18:37 PM
I have it on good authority that somebody who would really, really, really like to see WB renew YJ thinks the people at SMGO are morons who don't know what the fuck they're doing. ;)
Is that person you? Eitherway, I'm finding the SMGO system to be rather hackneyed as well.

GregX

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on May 11, 2013, 06:34:20 PM
Quote from: GregX on May 11, 2013, 05:18:37 PM
Is that person you? Eitherway, I'm finding the SMGO system to be rather hackneyed as well.

No. But I also think they're idiots.

Peanutbutter

Yeah, that they're still putting up a donation fund despite Warner Bros. telling them no gives that away. I'd love it if Young Justice could get uncanceled. That will only happen if sales are through the roof for the DVDs and the video game that's not even coming out until this Fall.

Avaitor

So this happens in the new Scooby-Doo movie.

I don't even care for the show much anymore, but I think that's a cool cameo.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Peanutbutter

So thanks to the idiots who wrote this article:

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/articles/23776/20140710/young-justice-returns-warner-bros-announce-season-3-cancelled-canceled.htm

.....there are false rumors galore on Tumblr and everywhere else about YJ getting renewed. Lovely that they failed to point out that WAC stands for Warner Achive Collection, meaning that its their video release personnel making this announcement. It's likely just the Blu-Ray release dates being revealed. It would be great though if the Blu-Rays ended up selling out, because that would at least increase the possibility of it coming back. But it's just a pipe dream now.    :frown:

GregX

Tell me about it. I've been debunking this right and left. At best, it's irresponsible reporting, at worst it's douchetastic click bait.

The Shadow Gentleman

I found an animator's insight into YJ. Very thought provoking.

Spoiler
I work on a show that everyone hates except the 6-11 demographic that it does really well with. Which means that all the shit I read about it on tumblr and twitter is actually just a vocal minority who isn't even in the intended demo because they must be 16-22 years of age. And even better. It's always good news to hear that the show I work on does well internationally. Which means kids in the 6-11 love it all over the world. So maybe I might be making some kid in Europe or India etc smile and laugh. And that sure as hell is more important than some jaded 19 year old millennial stoner with social anxiety who hides behind a computer or mobile device all day and night and complains about how their life sucks because a corporate kids (kids! Kids!)network isn't delivering the type of content they want to see.

Which reminds me of the time I bumped into this older dood in his late 30's. We got to talking and he found out I worked on uncle grandpa. Then he told me he thought the show was lame. then he asked me why they had to cancel young justice. And I just told him ratings.

But more importantly in the back of my head I thought about how absurd it was that a grown adult male was watching shit made for 11 year olds. And that these fanboy motherfuckers need to grow the fuck up. As if young justice has more substance than a slice of pizza with shades. It's all the same shit. Fucking teenagers dressing up in costumes taking the law into their own hands and fighting a one dimensional good vs. Bad fight.

Shit mang. I write shit in my eps with more depth and satire but people are too confused by slapstick and surrealism (because cartoons should be just like real life!!!) to pick up on it.

In summary. People are idiots.
[close]