What Are You Reading?

Started by Dr. Insomniac, December 27, 2010, 04:55:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Insomniac

Reading Mike Grell's Arrow run. Great compliment to the Question run I read weeks ago. Really makes me wish DC did more street-level comics like this. They've always been better at street than Marvel, and it gets bothering when they forget about that.

gunswordfist

Which story was that again?
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Insomniac

Longbow Hunters. Introduces Shado and Green Arrow becoming more bloodthirsty.

gunswordfist

...I can't believe I forgot how good that art is...

Avaitor

Barnes & Noble is doing a buy 2, get 1 free deal for all manga until the 19th.

I want to use this opportunity to collect and start reading A Silent Voice, and I might when I get my paycheck next week. Or I might wait for the next sale, since I've been spending a lot lately. :sweat:
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

It's totally worth going bankruptcy for. Just splurge and but it anyways. :>

In all seriousness it's a great read, but it's always important to make sure that you spend money on only what you can afford. However, at only nine volumes, at least it's not a terribly huge commitment to invest in. ;)

Avaitor

Hmm, I recall seeing that 7 was the final volume when I went earlier today. Or maybe I read that wrong?

I was also considering MHA, but from what I've been hearing, that seems to be better experienced through the anime right now, or continuing Assassination Classroom, but I might just go straight to the anime instead. But if I can find the other VizBig editions of Kenshin, that's priority #1.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Avaitor on July 09, 2016, 10:30:51 PMHmm, I recall seeing that 7 was the final volume when I went earlier today. Or maybe I read that wrong?

You might be right. For whatever reason I remember it as nine, but either way it's a short series.

QuoteI was also considering MHA, but from what I've been hearing, that seems to be better experienced through the anime right now, or continuing Assassination Classroom, but I might just go straight to the anime instead. But if I can find the other VizBig editions of Kenshin, that's priority #1.

My Hero Academia is a good read. However, the early material does suffer a bit from feeling rather rushed (especially in retrospect), and the anime helps to really flesh that part of the series out. That said, the manga gets better as it progresses and at its current point in the story it is by far the best series running in WSJ right now.

LumRanmaYasha

Please do read A Silent Voice:joy: It's a series that I've raved so much about and still keep finding new things to say about to this day.

Markness

Currently reading both Soul Eater and Black Cat from two different local libraries. Soul Eater is a lot of fun and Black Cat is decent from what I've read of both so far. I'll have to wait a while to read the third volume of Black Cat, though, since the library's original copy got withdrawn due to water damage. Some might ask why don't I just look up scans online but I have my reasons, mainly that I prefer reading hard copies of manga unless they're unlicensed.

Pharass

Quote from: LumRanmaYasha on July 09, 2016, 11:03:16 PM
Please do read A Silent Voice:joy: It's a series that I've raved so much about and still keep finding new things to say about to this day.

I've read the first four volumes. Liked them a lot, will read more.

Recently re-read my collection of Scalped volumes in order to refresh my memory regarding the finer details of the plot. Noticed that for some reason I own the fifth volume, but not the fourth one. I should rectify that.
In every age
In every place
The deeds of men
Remain the same.

Avaitor

The nearest B&N didn't have volume 2, so I'm going to check out another one tomorrow or Tuesday if I'm off.

New blog!

gunswordfist

Quote from: Pharass on July 17, 2016, 03:07:42 PM
Quote from: LumRanmaYasha on July 09, 2016, 11:03:16 PM

I've read the first four volumes. Liked them a lot, will read more.

Recently re-read my collection of Scalped volumes in order to refresh my memory regarding the finer details of the plot. Noticed that for some reason I own the fifth volume, but not the fourth one. I should rectify that.
I need to reread Scalped myself.

Avaitor

MOAR SPENDING

So I've been to 3 different B&NNs, and cannot find volume 2 of A Silent Voice anywhere. As a result, I bought volume 1... along with the last Monster set, and the second VizBig edition of RK. This is way more than I intended to spend, but I don't regret it, since these were all immediate goals anyway.

New blog!

Avaitor

Now that I've finished collecting and rereading Monster, I can safely say that this is still my favorite manga, and that Viz knocked these releases out of the park. They're going to look so nice in my collection.

Let's hope that they do 20th Century Boys next.

New blog!