What Are You Reading?

Started by Dr. Insomniac, December 27, 2010, 04:55:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

Deadpool is the best. I need to pick up some more of the Classic TPBs soon...

gunswordfist

Quote from: Foggle on April 22, 2012, 11:04:56 AM
Deadpool is the best. I need to pick up some more of the Classic TPBs soon...
I need to do the same..next year. That's the only way I'll get them from my library. Hmm, wonder if I can get Deadpool Corps and Max.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Daxdiv

The Goon Issue #39. This time Eric Powell tackles all these reboots/reimages that comic book go through by putting The Good through various things like new costumes, new backstories, making him gay and all that other jazz. Great read as always, still am psyched over the fact that The Goon will be monthly soon.

Avaitor

Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Insomniac

Avaitor

Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

gunswordfist

^^^^^Borrowed it from the library once, didn't get around to reading it:

On today, yet another comic book Saturday, I:

Finished The Killer Volume 3- Is...is that political commentary I smell?! I thought this wasthe last one. Will get volume 4. I love this series because it has a realistic take on assassinations (even though the plot is getting out there) and it's art doesn't even try to be gritty and manages to get the job done anyway.

Superman President Lex Luthor- There, I read it Avaitor. On to Superman/Batman Public Enemies (the comic) next.

Wolverine The Best There Is Contagion: Why oh why did I read this nasty shit. :shit: I was warned and everything and I got the wrong comic book like I suspected.

Dr. Insomniac

I'm reading Supreme by Alan Moore. Dear Christ, this is the best Superman story ever.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on April 30, 2012, 10:08:30 PM
I'm reading Supreme by Alan Moore. Dear Christ, this is the best Superman story ever.
The Image ripoff right? Either I forgot or I didn't know Moore wrote for Supreme. Either way, I'll check it out.

Foggle

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Damn....Even more MP-related stuff for me to buy....

Pharass

Last comic I read was the first volume of Il Etait Une Fois en France, entitled L'Empire de Monsieur Joseph. Set in Nazi-occupied France, it tells the story of Joseph Joanovici, a Jewish iron-supplier who had deals with both the resistance and the Nazis. I wasn't familiar with Joanovici (who was a real-life person) before reading this comic, so I can't say what parts of the story that were and what parts were fiction. That said, the first volume was a great read with a wonderfully complex and morally ambiguous protagonist, so I'll definitely check out the rest.
In every age
In every place
The deeds of men
Remain the same.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Foggle on May 01, 2012, 12:41:45 AM
Oh damn. May want to pick this up...
I was sold after they said Sam Lake. I can't think of any vg developer who'd be better for comics period.

Foggle

Quote from: gunswordfist on May 01, 2012, 10:35:08 AM
Quote from: Foggle on May 01, 2012, 12:41:45 AM
Oh damn. May want to pick this up...
I was sold after they said Sam Lake. I can't think of any vg developer who'd be better for comics period.
That's exactly what sold me on it, too. :joy:

gunswordfist