What Are You Reading?

Started by Dr. Insomniac, December 27, 2010, 04:55:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay L. Corbell

Aside from some volumes of Hellsing and a Japanese DMC comic my ex bought me, the only manga I've really read is a bunch of H-doujins......

.-.;;;;;;;

Does that make me a bad person?
Edjumacate me!

Jay L. Corbell

Youuuuuuuuuuuu can't handle my grammar

Foggle

DAMMIT JOHN YOU ALREADY KNOW WHAT I'M GOING TO TELL YOU TO READ SO I WON'T

Read anything by this guy: http://myanimelist.net/people/1867/Naoki_Urasawa

gunswordfist

I've been wanting to read 20th Century Boys.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

In my opinion he's the best pop writer to come out of Japan since Tezuka. The battle between good and evil, truths, vices, hopes, dreams, hate, love, faith, human beings, and history, and he even wraps them in an engaging and original plot on top of it.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Pharass

Quote from: gunswordfist on November 25, 2012, 08:52:39 PM
I've been wanting to read 20th Century Boys.

Everyone should read 20th Century Boys and the rest of Urasawa's body of work, of course.

Read the latest Blake & Mortimer, it was pretty good. Nothing amazing, but it was a decent mystery-story and I did like how Blake's past tied into the plot. So all in all, I enjoyed it.

I also read the first volume of Lincoln; a French western-comic about an outlaw who one day meets God and is granted immortality by him. I really liked this one, especially the dialogue and interaction with the main characters. Definitely a comic I'll keep reading.
In every age
In every place
The deeds of men
Remain the same.

Dr. Insomniac

DC... it's so hard to defend you when you make such stupid decisions like fire Gail Simone and allow Karen Berger to leave. I don't want to say that Marvel's doing better, but it's starting to look like that.

Foggle

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on December 10, 2012, 07:45:15 AM
DC... it's so hard to defend you when you make such stupid decisions like fire Gail Simone and allow Karen Berger to leave. I don't want to say that Marvel's doing better, but it's starting to look like that.
Marvel's animation department may be utterly horrible right now, but they're definitely doing far better with their comics and films at the moment.

Dr. Insomniac

And Snyder is leaving Swamp Thing. So DC officially only has 2 comics worth reading now.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on December 10, 2012, 07:57:08 PM
And Snyder is leaving Swamp Thing. So DC officially only has 2 comics worth reading now.
Grifter's one of them, right?

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: gunswordfist on December 11, 2012, 12:15:55 PM
Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on December 10, 2012, 07:57:08 PM
Grifter's one of them, right?
No, Batman and Animal Man.

gunswordfist

Avaitor

Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Commode

^There's some things that should simply just not exist.  That pic is one of those things.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.