What Are You Reading?

Started by Dr. Insomniac, December 27, 2010, 04:55:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

LumRanmaYasha

D'oh! :sweat:

...wow, that's a...er, 'strange' thing to draw to get a job.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I'm going to make a prediction regarding the manga for Kuroko no Basket. I think that Seirin is going to ultimately lose against Rakuzan, but that it'll be a close game which pushes Akashi to the edge of his limit, and and will cause him to change in some way to unlock his supposed full potential.

Spark Of Spirit

Well, there's only two ways for it to really go but that wouldn't surprise me since its the finals.

The question is if what will happen after the match.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I just feel that things have been going way too smoothly for Seirin so far. They've already managed to beat 3 teams with players from the Generation of Miracles in a row, so if they beat Akashi on their first try and won the Winter Cup,  then it would seem too easy, IMO. I'm not entirely sure if the manga will necessarily end with this game, but either way I just feel that the Winter Cup finals will end with Seirin having become a much stronger team from their experiences, but only walking away with 2nd place. If its the ending match of the series, though, then they'll definitely at least end up changing Akashi for the better, and gaining Rakuzan's respect as a rival team.

Avaitor

Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

LumRanmaYasha

Quote from: Avaitor on September 07, 2013, 12:10:01 AM
DC really has gone crazy.

What the...is that legit? I don't follow the JLA comics but seriously, replacing it with a Justice League of Canada? Why? What's the point? Do DC comics sell better in Canada or something?  ???

Avaitor

They're obviously hoping to make this the newest JL member.

Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

LumRanmaYasha

But what would be her superpower?  Singing innuendo-ridden songs about Beavers?  ;)

Avaitor

Quote from: Cartoon X on September 07, 2013, 09:28:25 PM
But what would be her superpower?  Singing innuendo-ridden songs about Beavers?  ;)
That and math. And don't forget the robot!

New blog!

Mas

I just finished reading Homunculus. It was really good, even if kinda disturbing in some scenes. I really didn't expect it would end the way it did.

Going to try Ichi the Killer next, since it's by the same author.

Foggle

Ichi is really good! Have you seen the movie? It's one of my favorites. :el_hail:

Mas

Nope, haven't seen the movie, but I want to now.

Reading the manga, and I see it's already pretty messed up from beginning, even more than Homunculus. I like it, I will keep reading.

Spark Of Spirit

The JLC is me, a couple of beavers, and Celine Dion.

I die on the first page.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Angus

I've been on this "serious guy silly girls" theme, so Fujimura-kun Mates and Seitokai Yakuindomo have been my favorites this year.
"You don't have to eat the entire turd to know that it's not a crab cake." - Bean, Shadow of the Hegemon