Fighting Games

Started by Rosalinas Spare Wand, July 06, 2011, 11:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

Oh, I also did one for just Jump which was a bit more out there. I tried to include more gimmicky characters, but still stayed away from more non-violent series since it would jar too much. Again, I tried to be fair to more popular series.

It turned out like this:

Koro-sensei (Assassination Classroom)
Nagisa Shiota (Assassination Classroom)
Tatsumi Oga & Baby Beel (Beelzebub)
Train Heartnet (Black Cat)
Asta (Black Clover)
Ichigo Kurosaki (Bleach)
Sousuke Aizen (Bleach)
Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo & Don Patch (Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo)
Cobra (Cobra)
Allen Walker (D. Gray Man)
Light Yagami & Ryuk (Death Note)
Arale Norimaki (Dr. Slump)
Son Goku (Dragon Ball)
Son Goku (kid) (Dragon Ball)
Vegeta (Dragon Ball)
Piccolo (Dragon Ball)
Frieza (Dragon Ball)
Kenshiro (Fist of the North Star)
Raoh (Fist of the North Star)
Gintoki Sakata (Gintama)
Kagura (Gintama)
Toshiro Hijikata (Gintama)
Meisuke Nueno (Hell Teacher Nube)
Taikobo (Hoshin Engi)
Gon Freecss (Hunter X Hunter)
Killua Zoldyck (Hunter X Hunter)
Meruem (Hunter X Hunter)
Jonathan Joestar (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure)
Jotaro Kujo (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure)
Dio Brando (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure)
Tsuna Sawada & Reborn (Hitman Reborn!)
Kinnikuman (Kinnikuman)
Kankichi Ryotsu (Kochikame)
Izuku Midoriya (My Hero Academia)
All Might (My Hero Academia)
Katsuki Bakugo (My Hero Academia)
Neuro Nogami (Neuro: Supernatural Detective)
Toru Muhyu (Muhyu & Roji's Bureau of Supernatural Investigation)
Naruto Uzumaki (Naruto)
Sasuke Uchiha (Naruto)
Madara Uchiha (Naruto)
Fuusuke (Ninku)
Chitoge Kirisaki (Nisekoi)
Seishiro Tsugumi (Nisekoi)
Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)
Roronoa Zoro (One Piece)
Sir Crocodile (One Piece)
Taison Meada (Rokudenashi Blues)
Kenshin Himura (Rurouni Kenshin)
Hajime Saito (Rurouni Kenshin)
Yukishiro Einishi (Rurouni Kenshin)
Pegasus Seiya (Saint Seiya)
Dragon Shiryu (Saint Seiya)
Momotaro Tsurugi (Sakigake!! Otokojuku)
Yoh Asakura (Shaman King)
Toriko (Toriko)
Yuma Kuga (World Trigger)
Osamu Mikumo (World Trigger)
Yami Yugi (Yu-Gi-Oh!)
Yusuke Urameshi (Yu Yu Hakusho)
Kurama (Yu Yu Hakusho)
Younger Toguro (Yu Yu Hakusho)

I went off the rails at 62, but considering the last Jump Vs. game had over 50, it's not quite so out there. I also feel this is a better spread of popular characters from their most popular eras while including multiple characters from higher selling or modern series. Some of those I wouldn't even have included if I didn't know they were actually already included in Jump games as fighting characters and actually worked, so the guys who made these games could easily make something of this scale without issue.

Anyway, that's about it from me.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Here are just a few character suggestions for a make-believe Kodansha Vs. game:

Joe Yabuki (Ashita no Joe)
Ippo Makanouchi  (Hajime no Ippo)
Mamoru Takamura  (Hajime no Ippo)
Shinichi/Migi  (Parasyte)
Thorfinn (Vinland Saga)
Askeladd  (Vinland Saga)
Thorkell  (Vinland Saga)
Shotaro Kaneda (Akira)
Tetsuo (Akira)
Eikichi Onizuka (Shonan Junai Gumi/GTO)
Danma Ryuji (Shonan Junai Gumi/GTO)
Eren Yeager (Attack on Titan)
Mikasa Ackerman (Attack on Titan)
Miyamoto Musashi (Vagabond)
Roger Smith (The Big O)
R. Dorothy Wayneright (The Big O)
Sailor Moon (Sailor Moon)
Sailor V (Sailor Moon/Codename: Sailor V)
Akira Fudo (Devilman)
Ginji Amano (GetBackers)
Ban Mido (GetBackers)
"Rally" Vincent (Gunsmith Cats)
"Minnie" May Hopkins (Gunsmith Cats)
Daisuke Aurora (Heat Guy J)
J (Heat Guy J)

And yes, I'm well aware that some of these characters are anime-original, but Kodansha still has connections with the producers of those series and could still use the characters.

Also, in no way is this an all-encompassing list. It's just my example of a mere fraction of the rich pool of characters that you could pull from in order to make a Kodansha-based fighting game.

Actually, for that matter, making a Shueisha-based fighting game would give you more options than just Shonen Jump alone, but in WSJ's case, it does have the most iconic characters in the manga industry, so it could work as a stand-alone source as well.

VLordGTZ

Great lists guys!  :thumbup:

WSJ certainly has enough characters to pull from by itself, but it would be cool to see some series from other Shuiesha magazines be represented in the J-Stars games.  Zap from Blood Blockade or Dark Schneider from Bastard!! in a fighting game....  :drool:

Spark Of Spirit

I'd be good with more crossover games in general. They're a lot of fun, especially when they have a team mode of some kind.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I'd even settle for an actual good Shonen Jump fighting game made by a capable developer, with companies like Capcom or SNK being ideal (mechanically-speaking, that is). Of course if it were Capcom, they'd cut-off half of the game and make it paid DLC....the sad thing, though, is that even then it'd still be miles better than the WSJ crossover games that we've gotten so far. J-Stars Victory, aside from its novelty, is pretty much garbage as far as actual gameplay is concerned.

But just imagine a WSJ game being directed by someone like Hideaki Itsuno, someone who actually understands the genre and knows how to make mechanically satisfying games.

Spark Of Spirit

I would think the ones best suited would be the Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom team or Sakurai and the Smash team. They've made the best crossover games for my dollar.

Speaking of TvC, it was a real shame there was never a sequel despite the first game's success. About the only thing I would add are more stages and a few characters (like Speedy from Samurai Pizza Cats, and Wang Tang from Power Stone) and some more modes. It's a shame Capcom only ever made one game.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on January 11, 2016, 11:29:31 AM
Here are just a few character suggestions for a make-believe Kodansha Vs. game:

Joe Yabuki (Ashita no Joe)
Ippo Makanouchi  (Hajime no Ippo)
Mamoru Takamura  (Hajime no Ippo)
Shinichi/Migi  (Parasyte)
Thorfinn (Vinland Saga)
Askeladd  (Vinland Saga)
Thorkell  (Vinland Saga)
Shotaro Kaneda (Akira)
Tetsuo  (Akira)
Eikichi Onizuka (Shonan Junai Gumi/GTO)
Danma Ryuji (Shonan Junai Gumi/GTO)
Eren Yeager (Attack on Titan)
Mikasa Ackerman (Attack on Titan)
Miyamoto Musashi (Vagabond)
Roger Smith (The Big O)
R. Dorothy Wayneright (The Big O)
Sailor Moon (Sailor Moon)
Sailor V  (Sailor Moon/Codename: Sailor V)
Akira Fudo  (Devilman)
Ginji Amano (GetBackers)
Ban Mido (GetBackers)

"Rally" Vincent (Gunsmith Cats)
"Minnie" May Hopkins (Gunsmith Cats)
Daisuke Aurora (Heat Guy J)
J (Heat Guy J)

And yes, I'm well aware that some of these characters are anime-original, but Kodansha still has connections with the producers of those series and could still use the characters.

Also, in no way is this an all-encompassing list. It's just my example of a mere fraction of the rich pool of characters that you could pull from in order to make a Kodansha-based fighting game.

Actually, for that matter, making a Shueisha-based fighting game would give you more options than just Shonen Jump alone, but in WSJ's case, it does have the most iconic characters in the manga industry, so it could work as a stand-alone source as well.
:joy:
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

Get Backers is a series I always wanted to get into beyond the first season of the anime but I heard the second half of the anime isn't as good and the manga's ending is stupid. It's a shame because it was really good in its prime.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I own the first few volumes of the manga from nearly a decade ago. I liked what I read of it, but I never read past that point. I also haven't seen the anime. At any rate, I mainly like the main duo who have great chemistry with each other in the early volumes, and both would perfectly fit into a fighting game.

Spark Of Spirit

From what I remember, they would definitely fit in a fighting game. Ban's power in particular would be cool to see implemented in a fighter.

gunswordfist

They say the manga has a bad ending? Damn, and I heard the last season (which I apparently have not watched) is a filler season. The series just can't win.

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on January 11, 2016, 08:26:19 PM
From what I remember, they would definitely fit in a fighting game. Ban's power in particular would be cool to see implemented in a fighter.
SNAKE BITE!!

Rynnec

Damn, you guys are making me want to take a crack at this. I guess I'll try making a fantasy roster for crossover between Square Enix...manga.

Edward Elric (FMA)
Alphonse Elric (FMA)
Scar (FMA)
King Bradley (FMA)
Father (FMA) (Final boss)
Maka Albarn and Soul Eater Evans (Soul Eater)
Death the Kid, and the Thompson Twins (Soul Eater)
Ashura (Soul Eater)
Crona (Soul Eater)
Tomoko (Watamote)
Kuro (Black God)
Sebastian (Black Butler)
Kuroko Koumori (Murcielago)
Alice Fuji (Arachnid)
Gokiburi (Arachnid)
Akame (Akame Ga Kill)
Tatsumi (Akame Ga Kill)
Leone (Akame Ga Kill)
Esdeath (Akame Ga Kill) (mid-boss)
Seryu (Akame ga Kill)
Black Mage (Final Fantasy) (bonus character)

As you can see I even tried to include characters from series I don't care for and/or don't like. I may have gone overboard with AgK characters, but Seryu serves as the obligatory puppet fighter character. There are probably a lot of characters I glossed over.

Ideally I'd want either French Bread or Arc System Works be in charge of development. The game would be a 2D fighter with sprites or Xrd-style 3D models.

gunswordfist

I forget which anime crossovers I'd like but I think Hunter X Hunter/Dragonball would be great.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: gunswordfist on January 12, 2016, 01:54:19 AM
I forget which anime crossovers I'd like but I think Hunter X Hunter/Dragonball would be great.
How about one for YYH/HxH? It could look something like this:

YYH
Yusuke Urameshi
Kazuma Kuwabara
Kurama
Hiei
Genkai
Younger Toguro
Elder Toguro
Bui
Karasu
Jin the Wind Master
Shinobu Sensui
Minoru "The Doctor" Kamiya
Kaname "Sniper" Hagiri
Yomi
Mukuro
Raizen

HxH
Gon Freecss
Killua Zoldyck
Kurapika Kurta
Leorio Paradnight
Hisoka
Illumi Zoldyck
Biscuit Krueger
Isaac Netero
Chrollo Lucifer
Machi
Meruem
Neferpitou
Shaiapouf
Menthuthuyoupi
Morel Mackernasey
Knuckle Bine

You could even have Prince Baka as a hidden trap/joke character.  :lol:

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Good list.

As for HXH and DB, that crossover wouldn't really work well, IMO, being that the tone and fighting style of both series are way too different from each other.

Crossing HXH with JoJo's would be interesting if only to see various characters' Nen abilities pitted against various Stand users.

One crossover (albeit between different companies) that I think would be fun is Yu Yu Hakusho and Ushio and Tora. A decent alternative would be Flame of Recca.