Fighting Games

Started by Rosalinas Spare Wand, July 06, 2011, 11:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rynnec

If Chrono Phantasma and Under Night In-Birth are any indication, I wouldn't be surprised if we hear news of Xrd getting new characters relatively soon. Xrd looks and sounds awesome, and I can't wait til it comes out overseas. Good thing thing I have +R for my GG fix until then.

Speaking of CP, I preordered it the other day at Gamestop (not sure if I'll go for the Limited Edition or not). Really excited to finally play it after over a year of watching high-level gameplay vids.

In other FG news, I got around to playing Melty Blood Actress Again a few months back. Really like how this game feels, and how varied the characters are, and I've barely scratched the surface. I'm comfortable with Ryougi and Aoko right now, but I'll try out the other characters eventually.

LumRanmaYasha

The final J Stars Victory VS. trailer is...just perfect. Well, it would have been more so if they gave Don Patch and Kumagawa lines too, but hearing Bobobo quote his line from the end of the Halekulani battle was awesome enough as it is.

I think my other favorite parts were Toriko asking Gon if he wants to help him complete his full course, to which Gon enthusiastically agrees, and Luffy asking Korosensei if he can eat him, and Korosensei just laughing it off and wondering if he actually could, and "Hey you idiots, is this what we actually do in Gintama?" And even though I don't like the series, "Arale-chan, Reborn is a baby, but even he won't play with you" was a pretty funny line. I hope someone posts english subbed videos of the story mode for the game, since all these characters interacting off each other would be neat to see. 

Grave

Guilty Gear Xrd - Sign update with Boss character being playable

Sounds good and all, and I don't mean to sound ungrateful, but where's Johnny? Then again to be greedy I'm hoping the rest of the cast will be available with this update.

gunswordfist

I don't get why anyone still makes bosses unplayable in fighting game these days in the first place.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Grave

I have no idea why either. Best I can come up with is boss characters being too cheap, and if they're put into the hands of a person with skill, yeah, but I haven't seen anything like that.

gunswordfist

Yeah, it's probably just lazyness. They could just make them hard to unlock and let you choose which character you want to be banned from online play a la SF3.

Grave

5th fighter finally revealed for Ultra Street Fighter 4.

Man, Capcom, you used to be my favorite company, and I still like you, but you make it so hard to really care these days. Take nearly forever to reveal this character only to make it a clone. I get that you're trying to keep this game alive and all, but outside of the edition select this has all been lazy porting. To be honest you really could've kept all of this and just made a patch for updating the characters. Not sure If I'm willing to shell out money for another SF4. I bought all 3 editions already.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

They should just make Street Fighter 5 already. It's been long enough (nearly 5 years since SF4 originally released), to the point where people are probably starting to get burned out on this game as far as the competitive scene goes. It's times like this that a sequel is called for to liven up the series.

Grave

Competitively, probably not (Japan, probably. Tokido has stated there needs to be a new SF). As long as the stronger competitors keep coming over from Japan to compete I don't really see the competitive scene being burnt out (too much U.S. is free to Japan talks going on). Casually, no doubt. Stuff like Edition Select and frame data/advantage means nothing to a casual fan and hence, cashcom.

gunswordfist

They need to promise one in two years to save their asses after this shitstorm.

Grave

I don't even think the fact that it's a Cammy clone that's getting to everyone. Decapre's moveset is fine. Capcom's idea of trying to hide and hype up the character was ridiculously stupid and just might bite them in the end for it. I was watching Final Round 17 last night and people were walking out after the trailer. We've been waiting since last years Evo. Should've just showed her back then. That way it would've been handled a little better. Like I said, I think the competitive scene is fine. They're going to get it regardless. If Capcom's trying to reel in the casual crowd (and online players) they may have just failed.

The blowup of Decabre. Actually, that blowup happened a little bit after the announcement. I think there was rough 700+ comments within that first 20 minutes during Final Round.

Rosalinas Spare Wand

I just love how her trailer has a quick shot with R. Mika and Retsu right before all the Dolls stuff goes down.

It's like Capcom staff personally mocking fans who expected anything but disappointment.

Spark Of Spirit

It really is amazing how long this game has been milked.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Grave

I would say consider this more like a present to those in the tournament scene if anything. They're the ones whose keeping the game alive (and people say this game is dead. New fighters have emerged and still can't dethrone SSF4 at tournies)

I've had more time to let it marinate and calm down :).

gunswordfist

Quote from: Rosalinas Spare Wand on March 18, 2014, 04:11:43 PM
I just love how her trailer has a quick shot with R. Mika and Retsu right before all the Dolls stuff goes down.

It's like Capcom staff personally mocking fans who expected anything but disappointment.
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D