Fighting Games

Started by Rosalinas Spare Wand, July 06, 2011, 11:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

Quote from: Rynnec on April 15, 2015, 01:28:24 AM
Don't worry, even I wince whenever I see MK9's X-Rays or Fatalities, and I play games like Brutal Doom and Madworld for catharsis.
Ah, very good. I find those games cathartic too! :lol:

Spark Of Spirit

I tend to never use fatalities unless I'm playing against friends and we're having a laugh with each other. Some of them are really too stupid to take seriously or are over the top clever like the Subway fatality.

The X-Ray supermoves are hard to take, I admit.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I like to end matches with Babality or Friendship, myself. :sly:

Spark Of Spirit

Friendship was by far the funniest. So random, yet such a smart addition.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Heh, MK9 doesn't make me flinch at all. The last thing to make me squeamish was the Jack The Ripper fight in part one of JoJo.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

talonmalon333

How was MK9 compared to the classics?

Spark Of Spirit

It's like MKII but with 3D graphics. Honestly, I think it's the best game in the series.

gunswordfist

I like MK2 more..from what I remember. I couldn't tell you more than that. MK9 is a pretty great game. When it comes to any of the 3D fighters I have played, it's only behind SF IV, Soul Caliber II and IV, for me.

talonmalon333

How were the games released between 3 and 9? I honestly haven't played them, besides a bit of 4.

gunswordfist

I checked yesterday so:

4/Gold
5=Deadly Alliance
6=Deception
7=Armageddon (an extremely important part of 9's story. Haven't played it yet)
8=MK Vs. DC, apparently
Mortal Kombat=9

Spark Of Spirit

They're pretty standard 3D fighting games. Nothing too great or bad from what I remember.

I think MK9 is about as good as the series will ever get.

gunswordfist

I thought you said what :zonk: especially since we answered this yesterday.

Rynnec

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 15, 2015, 11:21:26 PM
They're pretty standard 3D fighting games. Nothing too great or bad from what I remember.

I think MK9 is about as good as the series will ever get.

From what I've seen of MKX, it looks like they're keeping up 9's momentum. The game looks really good, the only thing holding it back is the roster, at least when compared to MK9's.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Personally, Super Street Fighter IV has my favorite combat system in any 2D fighting game. It'd be great if SFV could expand upon not just that, but also its story mode, and put as much effort into its mythos as MK games do. Unfortunately, it's Capcom, so that'll never happen.

gunswordfist

Maybe the story will be as good as some of the fanboys think it could potentially be. :P