Sitcoms

Started by Spark Of Spirit, February 07, 2011, 08:23:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

Musical numbers about miscarriages? Could become CAD: The Live Action Series.

Rosalinas Spare Wand

Buckley probably works on the show. Hardly any of the actors can emote beyond a B^U face, even when they're crying.

Angus

Are you saying the actors are as experienced as the high schoolers they're representing or are they accurate?

Sometimes I wonder how much slack we give to new actors on TV shows these days. I expect them to be better than reality TV stars.
"You don't have to eat the entire turd to know that it's not a crab cake." - Bean, Shadow of the Hegemon

Spark Of Spirit

It's looking like Whitney might get the axe. But unfortunately, Two Broke Girls was renewed for next season.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Kiddington

Huh, really? Haven't heard anything about that yet, but good news if it's true.

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 13, 2012, 05:52:33 PM
But unfortunately, Two Broke Girls was renewed for next season.

Baby steps, my friend. Baby steps.

Unless you really bomb (see: Rob Schneider's sitcom from earlier this year, which was as equally terrible), CBS is an easy network to score a renewal out of. Being first place and all (again, I still don't get that; they're programming, by and large, is terrible), they probably don't see the need for a lot of turnover from year to year, even if shows like Two Broke Girls aren't exactly critical darlings.

Honestly, I have yet to see anyone that actually likes show, so hopefully it's only a matter of time.

Avaitor

My mom and sister adore the show. They really do seem to be the only people I know who do though.

I honestly think that it does so well just because it's sandwiched inbetween HIMYM and 2.5 Men. That is a pretty good way to start your run off, really.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

Two & A Half Men has yet to be renewed, too. The Ashton Kutcher stuff is really not doing it.

I don't see CBS's material lasting much longer at this rate. Though I guess they'll just rush out another Lorre show like FOX does with MacFarlane.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Kiddington

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 14, 2012, 03:28:09 PM
Two & A Half Men has yet to be renewed, too. The Ashton Kutcher stuff is really not doing it.

Hmm, interesting. Seemed like for a while there everyone was sure that a was a good bet for renewal. Wonder what changed.

Meanwhile, somewhere in California, Charlie Sheen is laughing and doesn't know why...

Avaitor

You know what other comedy I hate? New Girl.

I still think Zooey is hot as fuck, but her tastes in roles are just dreadful. Not one joke works in this awkward mess, yet it's one of the hottest things on TV. I truly don't get it.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Lord Dalek

Juu and I currently torturing ourselves and each other watching episodes of Full House.

YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT PAIN IS.

Spark Of Spirit

Oh, cut it out and have mercy.

How rude, It doesn't get that grating!

Dr. Insomniac

Remember to watch some IT Crowd to wash the pain away.

Avaitor

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 20, 2012, 04:00:23 PM

Pshhh, whatever.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Avaitor on April 20, 2012, 04:16:02 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 20, 2012, 04:00:23 PM

Pshhh, whatever.
You got it dude!

Lord Dalek

What can I say? I'm a lean mean hugging machine.