Sonic The Hedgehog

Started by Spark Of Spirit, January 16, 2011, 09:45:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddy

So Sonic 4 Episode 2 was accidentally leaked early on Steam. Anyone lucky enough to grab it?

Foggle

Huh? The game's already done? :o

talonmalon333

Just beat Sonic Colors. I'm gonna post a few of my thoughts. So, spoiler alert.

-The later worlds are definitely better. I really like the water park and... I think it's called "Planet Wisp"?
-When I beat the final boss, I had no lives left. In the next part, I wasn't really ready, and Sonic plummeted into a hole. Major fail on my part. XD
I got back and beat it afterward, though.
-Funniest scene in the game:
"Your safety is out greatest concern."
Robotnik: Shut uuuuuuuuuuup!

Overall, very good game. Being that 2010 was the year of Sonic's comeback, it's good that they saved the best for last.

Spark Of Spirit

It was the very first 3D Sonic game I ever felt compelled to get everything in. The levels really open up once you get all the red rings, and the challenge mode is perfect for replays.

I'm still surprised how much they got right with Colors (and further improved with Generations), that I'm really eager for the next 3D Sonic game.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Spark Of Spirit

So I watched most of the Sonic 4 Episode 2 stuff, and I noticed the following:

• The music is WAY better. In particular Sylvania Castle Act 2 and 3, all the White Park themes, and Oil Desert Act 2 and 3. The boss music is a bit dull, though
  • Momentum is back. Sonic actually controls well now.
  • The fourth zone has a really cool homage to a certain Sonic 2 zone (and IMO looks WAY more fun than it)
  • Co-op moves look fun
  • With Episode Metal I doubt I'll ever bother with Episode 1 again
  • There are still too many boosters, but they aren't as annoying as Episode 1's
  • As a whole the game looks very fun to play from start to finish
  • I really wish they would put more zones in the game
  • Metal Sonic is awesome

I'm glad Dimps seemed to have learned a lot from Episode 1. Here's hoping they learn even faster and we get Episode 3 sooner than later.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

I think I read somewhere that Episode 2 will be the last one. :(

Spark Of Spirit

I hope not, it apparently ends on a cliffhanger!

The game's no Sonic 3, but I do think it looks pretty fun and I'd like at least one more episode to finish it off.

Foggle

Oh shit! Guess I read wrong.

Or they're currently planning Sonic 5... :zonk:

talonmalon333

So does the apparent lock-on fix any Episode I issues?

Eddy

Glad to hear/see it's a lot better than Sonic 4 Episode 1. I'll probably pick it up now once it hits the 360.

gunswordfist

Quote from: talonmalon333 on April 20, 2012, 09:47:30 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 20, 2012, 09:42:37 PM
Yeah, pretty much. They're early 3D games. Unless you can do battle with how different things were back then, you aren't going to enjoy them as much.

I think it has less to do with them being early 3D games, and more with me fearing they just haven't aged remotely well at all. I mean, Super Mario 64 is still good to play, and that was from 1996.
That's because it's SUPER MARIO 64. Sonic's much harder to translate to 3D anyway. I want them to perfectly translate into 3D the Genesis games just so they can see how different they are from the other 3D Sonic games.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

gunswordfist

Quote from: talonmalon333 on April 20, 2012, 11:16:15 PM
Quote from: xXxFoGgLe=420xXx on April 20, 2012, 11:14:56 PM
If I had to rank them:

Sonic 3
Sonic & Knuckles
Sonic Colors
Sonic 2
Sonic Generations
Sonic Adventure
Sonic Adventure 2
Sonic 1
Everything else

Just curious, how come Colors is better than Generations?

Also, poor Sonic 1. :shit:
AKA, I hate this list too.

Foggle

Quote from: gunswordfist on April 22, 2012, 12:07:21 PM
AKA, I hate this list too.
Ah, another scrub with no taste. You probably hate the Zelda Oracle games, too. Go back to playing Spirit Tracks and leave the real games to the real men. :thinkin:

gunswordfist

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 21, 2012, 11:41:44 PM
So I watched most of the Sonic 4 Episode 2 stuff, and I noticed the following:

• The music is WAY better. In particular Sylvania Castle Act 2 and 3, all the White Park themes, and Oil Desert Act 2 and 3. The boss music is a bit dull, though
  • Momentum is back. Sonic actually controls well now.
  • The fourth zone has a really cool homage to a certain Sonic 2 zone (and IMO looks WAY more fun than it)
  • Co-op moves look fun
  • With Episode Metal I doubt I'll ever bother with Episode 1 again
  • There are still too many boosters, but they aren't as annoying as Episode 1's
  • As a whole the game looks very fun to play from start to finish
  • I really wish they would put more zones in the game
  • Metal Sonic is awesome

I'm glad Dimps seemed to have learned a lot from Episode 1. Here's hoping they learn even faster and we get Episode 3 sooner than later.
There's co-op?

Foggle

Quote from: gunswordfist on April 22, 2012, 12:11:39 PM
There's co-op?
Online only. The co-op is forced in single-player (like RE 5), and if Tails dies, you die too.