Castlevania

Started by Lord Dalek, July 22, 2012, 09:39:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

I said I got to see if it'll work, ass face. I'm going to try out soon today.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

talonmalon333

Quote from: gunswordfist on October 17, 2012, 10:44:26 AM
I said I got to see if it'll work, ass face. I'm going to try out soon today.

:imnothappy:

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I've managed to get further in Symphony of the Night and I'm really enjoying it. The exploration is fun and while there is no clear destination for me to head to, I don't ever feel overwhelmed by all the paths presented to me thanks to tight level design for this game and having those teleportation rooms to keep you from having to backtrack from one side of the castle to another if you have to cover a long distance. I also like the lite JRPG elements in this game in terms of the whole leveling, stats, and item system. Its all the fun of enhancing and progressing your character throughout the game without the tedium of having to grind through boring turn-based battles to do so.

It'll probably be a while before I get to play this game again, so I won't be finishing it anytime soon, but once I do I'll certainly be interested in checking out some of the other Castlevania games in this vein (I do want to check out more of the classics as well, but aside from Super Castlevania IV the others will have to wait for a while). I don't have a Nintendo DS so I can't play any Castlevania games released for that device, but if anyone has any recommendations for some good GBA Castlevania games, then I'd be glad to check them out in the future.

Rynnec

Circle of the Moon, Harmony of Dissonance, and Aria of Sorrow have the same gameplay as Symphony. I've played Circle and Aria, and both of them are pretty good, though Circle can get pretty hard for me, I reccomend them both. If you want a game that feels like a sequel to Symphony story-wise, then you should play Aria first seeing as how
Spoiler
Alucard makes an appearance as an NPC under the alias "Genya Arikado".
[close]

gunswordfist

I played Harmony Of Dissonance. It's the first Castlevania game I've ever beaten and it's pretty good.

Lord Dalek

COTM has a bit of a different feel to it against the other Castleroids since IGA had nothing to do with it

gunswordfist

It definitely looks different.