What Are You Watching?

Started by Spark Of Spirit, January 21, 2011, 11:53:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

I do think his inclusion in episode 13 was pretty funny, since it was almost like a cameo.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Avaitor

I'm about halfway through my Outlaw Star rewatch, and I forgot how dense the purple prose in the openings can get.

This isn't necessarily a bad thing, btw.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

gunswordfist

Where are you rewatching it? I wanted to finish a rewatch years ago..but my library didn't have the last DVD or 2.  :wth:
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Avaitor

Quote from: gunswordfist on February 08, 2016, 11:12:35 PM
Where are you rewatching it? I wanted to finish a rewatch years ago..but my library didn't have the last DVD or 2.  :wth:
Through not-legal methods. :P

New blog!

Markness

Only been watching the anime of Koukaku no Pandora lately. Good to see Rikdo's work getting the animation treatment after so long.

Spark Of Spirit

The Flame of Recca anime is on Crunchyroll.

Sure it's not a full adaption of the manga, for whatever reason, but at least it's there.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

I just finished watching the first 3 episodes of Lupin. I thought the 3rd episode was pretty sad. Also, decent show so far and the theme song already has me humming.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on February 09, 2016, 06:15:38 PM

Sure it's not a full adaption of the manga, for whatever reason, but at least it's there.
Hmm...I lost interest in the manga after the first volume but I might check thatt anime out.

I watched most of Lupin Part 1 Episode 4 this morning. Zenigata is so heart broken lol

gunswordfist

I finished episode 4 and then all of episode 5 early this morning. The fourth episode just put Part 1 on my favorites list. In the 5th, Goemon was introduced. Damn, I didn't know/forgot he was that skilled. That also answered my Jigen vs. Goemon question.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Is anyone else keeping up with Erased? It's a pretty interesting little mystery story with a time-traveling twist, and another example that A-1 Pictures can put out something of decent quality from time to time.

Actually, it probably has more to do with the director and animation staff than the animation company that's producing it, just like how Digimon Adventure Tri can be as good as it is despite all of Toei's other efforts for TV anime from the past several years being a steaming pile.

Spark Of Spirit

I have been. It's probably the best series this season with Rakugo (which is still on my list) and has been incredibly engaging since episode 1. I was happy to hear that it will cover the whole manga and finish with the manga's ending.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Time travel, eh? Might peep at that.

I just finished watching two more episodes of Lupin The Third Part 1. I had to switch to Hulu since Crunchyroll has been inaccessible on my account, for some reason. The last episode I saw had Goemon's 2nd appearance. It looks like he's finally a full time member of the gang. Also, it was nice seeing Lupin's Dad.

VLordGTZ

Crunchyroll is now streaming episodes 101-104 of the Zatch Bell dub (which only aired in Canada back in the day).  I'm still curious as to why New Video Group did not include these four episodes in their DVD release, but its good to see that they are now available legally in the US.

gunswordfist

Just finished Goemon's first episode with the team. It was half decent.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: gunswordfist on February 12, 2016, 09:53:37 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on February 09, 2016, 06:15:38 PM

Hmm...I lost interest in the manga after the first volume but I might check thatt anime out.
You might like it, but it changes a few things and literally stops halfway through the manga's story. But the manga is a personal favorite of mine, so I might be biased.