What Are You Watching?

Started by Spark Of Spirit, January 21, 2011, 11:53:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Hopefully this doesn't turn into another Matsutaro  (I hear that the manga is much better and that Toei really did royally screw up). I'm cautiously optimistic, but I am very eager to explore this series since the manga stopped getting new English scans after just a volume or two, and will never have an official English translation.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on March 03, 2016, 07:53:22 AM
If you have a CR account then you can watch up to the most current episode (which will be uploaded within a few hours from now). If not then you have access only to episodes that are at least one week old or older.
I use my brother's but he seems to not have renewed it. I'll have to check again.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

gunswordfist

Sure enough, they are a week behind. Episode 8 was available today. I just finished it. I almost wanted to cry during the breakfast scene.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Looks like Hinazuki's conflict was resolved with episode nine, but Satoru isn't quite done with the past yet. He still has to somehow find the killer and get him caught before he manages to get to anyone else.

VLordGTZ

I just came back from seeing The Boy and the Beast.  I didn't enjoy as much as Wolf Children (which is my favorite of Hosada's works), but it was still really good.  Once again, Hosoda has made a very solid film.  :)

Lord Dalek

The ERASED manga ended this week in Japan, so I wouldn't be surprised if they cover it all in the Anime.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Lord Dalek on March 05, 2016, 10:12:41 PM
The ERASED manga ended this week in Japan, so I wouldn't be surprised if they cover it all in the Anime.
I really hope that's the case.

gunswordfist

About 20 or so minutes ago, I finished watching the Lupin episode, "Let's Catch Lupin and Go to Europe". Probably my favorite episode since..the first time Zenigata caught Lupin, if not more so. Zenigata was pretty funny in this one.

Avaitor

I'm rewatching Tenchi Muyo! now, only the Ryo-Ohki OVAs for now, and I'm about to start episode 5 of the first series.

You know, I had a tape with the first 3 episodes on it. It was a little less edited than Toonami's airings, but still didn't have everything on it. But I mainly just remember watching it a lot, especially when the show was gone from the block, and even though I know these episodes like the back of my hand at this point, I still find joy in watching them. There are still some typical harem tropes here, but it's a lot of fun to watch.

I'm mainly surprised that this aired on Toonami, though. While we get more action later on, there really isn't much in these episodes at all. It's mostly humor and character moments, not to mention the fanservice they had to cut out. All of which mostly work, but it's such an odd fit in between DBZ and Gundam Wing.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: gunswordfist on March 06, 2016, 04:46:31 AM
Quote from: Lord Dalek on March 05, 2016, 10:12:41 PM
I really hope that's the case.
It is, as is the live action movie apparently.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

'Yay!' on the former! Any word on whether or not it'll have any mid-season or whatever breaks?

Spark Of Spirit

I think it's running right to the end.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

I think what makes Tenchi so special is how different it is. I love how the last episode of the second OVA is a domesticated double-parter in which Ayeka and Sasami's parents come back. Made as a cap-off after the previous episode cut back on a big battle to allow a theological debate between Washu and the big bad. And it helps that each of the characters are pretty likable and well-defined, and it's rather believable that everyone would want someone like Tenchi.

I wasn't a big fan of Universe as a kid, since I thought that it was a retread of the OVAs. I didn't realize that it was meant to be an expansion of them. I'll have to give it and the movies a go soon, and I'm even thinking of watching the third OVA before the next one goes. But I wasn't into that one episode that aired on Toonami's AFD broadcast, but I might as well give it a shot.

But I'll come back to them. It's about time that I give Maison Ikkoku a shot!
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

VLordGTZ

I really liked the first and second Tenchi OVA series, but the third OVA pretty much ruined that timeline for me.  That being said, I'm not looking all that forward to the new OVAs.  I'd much rather have a sequel series for Universe.

Quote from: Avaitor on March 10, 2016, 11:41:27 AM
But I'll come back to them. It's about time that I give Maison Ikkoku a shot!
I hope you enjoy it!  :thumbup:

gunswordfist

Just finished episode 9 of Erased
Spoiler
It does seem like the Kayo storyline is finished. I also don't feel sorry for her mother.
[close]