What Are You Watching?

Started by Spark Of Spirit, January 21, 2011, 11:53:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

Tenchi had comedy, romance, action, drama, and a very unique idea (for the time), which the genre it spawned, and recent sequels, frequently do not.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

I finished watching the "Keep an Eye on the Beauty Contest" and then Detective Garmand or whatever the hell his name was. The latter episode had one of the funniest endings. :lol: :lol:
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

Watched some Captain Tylor with a friend. Still hilarious after all these years.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

I'm 8 episodes into Maison Ikkoku so far, and I like it. It definitely reminds me of the humor from Inuyasha and the little bit of Ranma that I saw, but easily less obnoxious than the former. I'm pretty happy to go along with this.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

gunswordfist

Caught the Catch the Phony Lupin episode today. This marks the very first time Lupin worked alone for an entire episode. Which I'm pretty sure also means the first episode with no Jigen.

gunswordfist

Caught the 21st and 22nd episode of Lupin The Third today. Just one more episode to go, if I remember correctly.

After this, I'll like start on daredevil Season 1 in preparation for Season 2's release this Friday. I haven't watched the show since the first time I've seen it and it should be great to keep a fresh memory of it going into the new episodes.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I watched The Boy and the Beast back when it opened for a wide theatrical release. I initially didn't post about it because I was saving my thoughts on it for a blog entry looking at a retrospective of Mamoru Hosoda's work, leading up to my review of this film. Since it doesn't look like that'll pan out for quite some time, I'll just say for now that I pretty much got what I expected, and I loved the movie. It contains many of Hosoda's ususal themes of family and love, albeit specifically focusing on the father-son-like relationship between Kumatetsu and Kyuuta. The animation was also gorgeous, as expected, and just like Wolf Children this movie really does give you the feels by the end.

Overall, is it Hosoda's best film? Personally, I say that honor still goes to Summer Wars, but it's definitely on the same level of quality as that film, Wolf Children, and The Girl Who Leapt Through Time.

Spark Of Spirit

Sounds good. Can't wait to see it.

In other news, and to the surprise of no one, Haikyu season 3 has been confirmed.

Spark Of Spirit

Charapedia put out a list of the Top 20 most anticipated shows of the Spring season.

1. JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond Is Unbreakable
2. Sakamoto desu ga?
3. Bungo Stray Dogs
4. My Hero Academia
5. Tanaka-kun wa Itsumo Kedaruge
6. Macross Delta
7. The Asterisk War: The Academy City on the Water
8. Magi: Sinbad no Boken
9. Netoge no Yome wa Onna no Ko ja nai to Omotta?
10. Re: Zero Kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu
11. Mobile Suit Gundam UC RE:0096
12. Haku?ki: Otogis?shi
13. Joker Game
14. RIN-NE 2
15. Bakuon!!
16. Ushio & Tora
17. Kiznaiver
18. Ace Attorney
19. Mayoiga
20. Shonen Maid

gunswordfist

Guess what I think is way too low..

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: gunswordfist on March 17, 2016, 07:26:51 PM
I didn't realize you were into Shonen Maid.

Foggle

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on March 17, 2016, 07:29:11 PM
Extremely disappointed it has nothing to do with Kuro-kun.

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Foggle on March 17, 2016, 09:10:51 PM
Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on March 17, 2016, 07:29:11 PM
Extremely disappointed it has nothing to do with Kuro-kun.
Don't worry. It's the same plot except without the graphic rape scenes.

gunswordfist

I just finished lupin the third part 1.  :'( A lot of average episodes but I love Lupin and I still got to like all of the characters more than I usually do. My favorite episodes are Farewell My Beloved Witch, One Chance To Breakout, The Coming of Goemon the Thirteenth, A Wolf Calls a Wolf, A Killer Sings The Blues, Rainy Afternoons are Bad, Beware The Time Machine, Let's Catch Lupin and Go to Europe and Rescue the Tomboy.

Other notes, I hate Fujiko's haircut midway through the series. She looks so stupid. I love this shows soundtrack. I hope its on youtube so I can favorite a lot of it. Oh and I like how Zenigata referenced the two times he caught Lupin and how he cried
Spoiler
when he thought Lupin had blown himself up in the finale
[close]

gunswordfist

I started on Lupin The Third Part 2 with the first episode today. I haven't seen this one in a long time and never dubbed so it was a treat. Also, it was Scorpion from the very first episode. I was wondering since Part 1. He apparently died the way way Lupin hurt him in his first appearance. lol Also, 5 years?Damn,forgot about that part.