What Are You Watching?

Started by Spark Of Spirit, January 21, 2011, 11:53:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

The Berserk anime is 12 episodes long.

I don't even understand why they bothered making this at all.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Insomniac

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I watched the first few episodes of Sweetness and Lighting. I'll readily admit that it's pretty damn adorable.

VLordGTZ

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on August 11, 2016, 04:25:56 PM
The Berserk anime is 12 episodes long.

I don't even understand why they bothered making this at all.
That's strange considering how it was originally listed by Universal Pictures as a 24 episode series.  It's possible that the series is just split-cour, but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the 2nd cour had been canned due to the negative reception. 

LumRanmaYasha

They really dropped the ball with the new Berserk. As much as I've wanted to see the Hawk of the Millennium Empire arc animated, I wouldn't lament if they halved the original order of the season to one cour and just did Conviction.

Dr. Insomniac

Not exactly anime, but I'm watching a panel where FUNimation actors discuss the whole deal with making broadcast dubs. Since they're expecting to record an episode often without knowing what happens next, it inevitably ends up with actors like Chris Sabat fucking around and ad-libbing their lines.

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

LumRanmaYasha

They're probably just going to adapt the Shiratorizawa match then. There wasn't really enough material for them to make two cours with a satisfying end-point anyway.

Avaitor

So I just found this out while going to FYE today, but Higurashi has been given another release! Both series, plus the OVA have been put out on DVD and Blu. I found Kai and Rei, but didn't get them since Kai was $85 and Rei was $35, and that's too much for either for me (and I don't really like Rei to begin with).

Amazon has both series on Blu for about half that price, and from the looks of it, Koro has Geneon's terrible dub, but Kai and Rei are subtitled only, which I'll take. I'm still not ordering these yet, but this is a show that I've really been wanting to watch again, and I'm happy to see it finally fully released stateside.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Foggle

Quote from: Avaitor on August 21, 2016, 03:56:59 PM
So I just found this out while going to FYE today, but Higurashi has been given another release! Both series, plus the OVA have been put out on DVD and Blu. I found Kai and Rei, but didn't get them since Kai was $85 and Rei was $35, and that's too much for either for me (and I don't really like Rei to begin with).

Amazon has both series on Blu for about half that price, and from the looks of it, Koro has Geneon's terrible dub, but Kai and Rei are subtitled only, which I'll take. I'm still not ordering these yet, but this is a show that I've really been wanting to watch again, and I'm happy to see it finally fully released stateside.
Picked up the BD for the first season a couple months ago, but I haven't watched it yet unfortunately. Still need to grab Kai (not going to bother with Rei). Guess I should've posted about it on here to let people know! :sweat:

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Mother's Basement just uploaded a season recap for Spring 2016: http://youtu.be/vERC8ZZxDS0

I was a bit disappointed to not see him score Ushio and Tora, which he says that he likes but hasn't finished yet; though, the fact that he calls it a villain of the week show leads me to believe that he didn't get that far into it yet since it becomes pretty plot-heavy after the first third.

He did give MHA a Silver Medal rating, though, so that's good enough for me.

VLordGTZ

I wasn't sure where to put this:

Crunchyroll and Funimation are entering a partnership
QuoteFunimationNow viewers will be able to watch Broadcast Dubs of Crunchyroll's summer titles, including 91 Days, Mob Psycho 100 and Orange, with release schedules to be announced.
QuoteAnd further, Funimation will now distribute Crunchyroll's titles through home video and a variety of EST outlets, with both dubbed and subtitled versions together. Currently planned titles include Ace Attorney, Alderamin on the Sky, Bungo Stray Dogs, JOKER GAME, Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress and ReLIFE, with more to be announced in the future.
QuoteWhat will happen to titles that Crunchyroll has previously announced it will be making for home video?
They will still be released, and will be distributed through our partner, Funimation. Crunchyroll and Funimation will be working together to produce all future titles.

I definitely didn't see this coming.  :SHOCK:

LumRanmaYasha

Basically, shows are now going to be shared across both platforms. Subbed simulcast stuff will primarily stream on Crunchyroll, while Funi will be handling future dubs, broadcast dubs, and home video releases for Crunchyroll licensed shows. It's pretty much confirmed that future stuff that Crunchyroll announced dubs for like Gintama will also be handled by Funi as well.

With this news, I'm wondering if I even need to be subscribed to both platforms any more....