What Are You Watching?

Started by Spark Of Spirit, January 21, 2011, 11:53:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Rosalinas Spare Wand on April 28, 2012, 11:09:28 PM
Quote from: Foggle on April 28, 2012, 11:02:36 PM
Hopefully there are no dreaded male love interests. :sly:

Hilariously enough, Yes5 is the season with the most male love interests, and the only one where the girls actually end up having serious relationships with boys.
Also, the boys are the fairy mascots of the series. That some weird shit there man.
!

Someone took the MinakoXArtemis stuff too far!

Quote from: Rynnec on April 28, 2012, 11:07:58 PM
SCREW THE PURITY! I WANT LESBIANS!
There's always Gunsmith Cats and Noir!
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Rosalinas Spare Wand

Just to elaborate, Foggle was referring to this screencap I posted on Twitter. It didn't bother me, but knowing how wacky those japanese get over waifus, and Cure Peace currently being popular as fuck, its probably gonna get some backlash in some form or another.

My issues with Smile have more to do with the team being absolutely terrible at their jobs.

Spark Of Spirit

People would really get upset about that? That's been in the genre since it started!  :wth:
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Yeah, it's no fun to watch a show where the main characters are completely incapable of getting shit done, even when it's played for laughs. But I rather like it when the protagonists are extremely bad at what they do and manage to accomplish their goals purely by accident. Usually makes for some good comedy.

Rynnec

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 28, 2012, 11:24:32 PM
People would really get upset about that? That's been in the genre since it started!  :wth:

No different from how Fujoshi get riled up over female characters stealing their boytoys/husbandos/yaoi fodder really.

Rosalinas Spare Wand

Quote from: Foggle on April 28, 2012, 11:27:18 PM
Yeah, it's no fun to watch a show where the main characters are completely incapable of getting shit done, even when it's played for laughs. But I rather like it when the protagonists are extremely bad at what they do and manage to accomplish their goals purely by accident. Usually makes for some good comedy.

I truly wish it was the latter. It sure seemed like it at first until they kept repeating the same mistakes for 12 episodes. There's honestly only one member here that's capable of fighting smart and she gets the least amount of screen time. Also, she has an ice sword in the opening that she's never used in the show so far. That kind of dickteasing is just pure unadulterated rage material.

Angus

Quote from: Foggle on April 28, 2012, 11:27:18 PM
Except for Excel Saga, of course. They always fail their missions.
"You don't have to eat the entire turd to know that it's not a crab cake." - Bean, Shadow of the Hegemon

Angus

Quote from: Foggle on April 28, 2012, 11:07:37 PM
Maybe this "purity" shit is all caused by brainwashing from American occupying soldiers after WW2. They're killing the rest of Japan slowly and subtly. :whuh:

Purity? What's that? Not when they put out adaptations with tons of fanservice or from adult visual novels.
"You don't have to eat the entire turd to know that it's not a crab cake." - Bean, Shadow of the Hegemon

Foggle

Quote from: Angus on April 30, 2012, 08:15:11 PM
Except for Excel Saga, of course. They always fail their missions.
True, but if they succeeded, then the series would end. ;)

Rynnec

Quote from: Rosalinas Spare Wand on April 28, 2012, 11:09:28 PM

Quote from: Rynnec on April 28, 2012, 11:07:58 PM
SCREW THE PURITY! I WANT LESBIANS!

http://youtu.be/BNxxP1NwJUo

Enjoy your subtext. Also, avoid those that ship them. They're terrible people.

Wonderful! You can practically smell the sexual tension in the air! :swoon:

Rosalinas Spare Wand

If only I could show you some other clips, like the time Tsubomi started crushing on a trap, or when Waon had to help Hibiki study for a test, or just about any moment with Love and Setsuna.

Maybe I could reupload them later and just hide the links.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

So, if anyone here who's a Trigun fan wanted to watch that movie that came out in 2010 and still hasn't gotten around to it, you might like to know that FUNimation has uploaded the entire feature (Japanese with English subtitles) on youtube, for free. I'm going to go ahead and watch it right now. :thumbup:

Foggle

I didn't like it very much, honestly.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Haven't seen it myself, but I'll post my thoughts when I'm done watching it.

Lord Dalek

I've resumed watching Betterman, one of the most nonsensical absurd messes of a show I've seen in the last ten years.