What Are You Watching?

Started by Spark Of Spirit, January 21, 2011, 11:53:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Shadow Gentleman

Finish Kids on the Slope. Jazz makes everything better.

Going to try to finish GTO too. I'm guessing the sub is the way to go?

I also checked out the first episode of LOGH.  :zonk:

Spark Of Spirit

I'd watch the dub of GTO just to see the same three people doing every voice. It's quite funny in its own way.

Quote from: ShadowGentleman on April 27, 2013, 09:28:46 PM
Just blew through the first 8 episodes of Monster.

New third favorite anime acquired.
Just wait until you get to the end. It's quite the journey, but it's worth it.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

The Shadow Gentleman

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 29, 2013, 04:01:57 PM
I'd watch the dub of GTO just to see the same three people doing every voice. It's quite funny in its own way.
Yeah, I'm going to have to agree with JO. The dub somehow makes it funnier.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I like both versions, myself. The sub has voice acting that's pretty much as legit as Japanese voice-acting can be (at least coming from someone who doesn't speak the language), whereas the dub is entertaining in a so bad its funny sort of way. Either way, its still one of my personal favorite anime ever.

LumRanmaYasha

I'd watch the Great Teacher Onizuka anime if I could find it easily. But my library doesn't have the dvd's and I would only buy them if I could get the complete series for a relatively cheap price. Is it available for streaming legally anywhere?

Dr. Insomniac

Guys, I think Valvrave might be the funniest anime of the last few years.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I watched the first 20 minutes of Redline last night, and Foggle was right, its excellent stuff! :joy:

Unfortunately I was also feeling really sick at the time, so I had to stop watching and go to sleep early. I'm definitely going to try and finish the rest of the movie today, though. ;)

Foggle

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on May 04, 2013, 09:15:35 AM
I watched the first 20 minutes of Red Line last night, and Foggle was right, its excellent stuff! :joy:
I knew you'd like it! :joy: :joy:

Since you're already past the first race scene, I will warn you that the next part can be somewhat slow (still great, though), but the entire second half of the movie is non-stop awesome.

Pharass

Just finished From the New World, great show, with some really stellar world-building and characterization. The society the main characters lived in was messed-up and oppressive (got caught cheating in a game? Time for you to be purged, young man!), but as the series progressed we learn how it turned out that way and that the rulers of the society weren't simply tyrants because they enjoyed it. Character-wise, I found Yakomaru to be the most interesting character. Definitely was one of the most well-crafted antagonists I've seen in an anime. A liar and a mass-murderer he may have been, but once the true reason behind his atrocities became clear it was hard not to sympathize at least a little bit with the guy.

That said, now I really could use something fun and uplifting.
In every age
In every place
The deeds of men
Remain the same.

Dr. Insomniac

Well, I can establish that anybody who does not watch Redline is pretty uncool.

Micki!

Yes, I can pretty much say also, that Redline IS SOME OF THE COOLEST FREAKING ANIMATION that I've ever seen..!

I can see why some would not enjoy watching this, I can also see that such people don't absolutely adore incredible animation  :whuh:
A true genius does not need boundaries such as 'common sense'

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Aside from the animation being unbelievably over the top and downright gorgeous to look at, its also entertaining as hell, and has some pretty entertaining dialogue (at least in the English dub) if that interests anyone at all. :thumbup:

Also I'm just curious, Foggle, but as far as anime movies go, have you watched Summer Wars yet? I wasn't sure.

RacattackForce

Quote from: Micki! on May 04, 2013, 09:54:59 PM
Yes, I can pretty much say also, that Redline IS SOME OF THE COOLEST FREAKING ANIMATION that I've ever seen..!

I can see why some would not enjoy watching this, I can also see that such people don't absolutely adore incredible animation  :whuh:

REDLINE IS THE SHIT, BITCHES!!! WATCH IT NOW. NOW. I MEAN IT.

Foggle

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on May 04, 2013, 09:59:02 PM
Aside from the animation being unbelievably over the top and downright gorgeous to look at, its also entertaining as hell, and has some pretty entertaining dialogue (at least in the English dub) if that interests anyone at all. :thumbup:
Have you finished it yet? You must...!

QuoteAlso I'm just curious, Foggle, but as far as anime movies go, have you watched Summer Wars yet? I wasn't sure.
No, but I've meaning to. I definitely will soon!

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Foggle on May 04, 2013, 10:01:04 PM
Have you finished it yet? You must...!

Yes, and its one of the best anime movies that I have ever seen!

Of course, I've only seen, like....5....but still! :thumbup:

No, but I've meaning to. I definitely will soon!

Well, I highly recommend it. Its the best Digimon movie ever made without actually having any ties to the Digimon franchise whatsoever! ;)