What Are You Watching?

Started by Spark Of Spirit, January 21, 2011, 11:53:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VLordGTZ

I started watching Maison Ikkoku yesterday.  It's pretty good so far.

Dr. Insomniac

This is so sleazy, it becomes hilarious.

LumRanmaYasha

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-10-04/crunchyroll-to-stream-hajime-no-ippo-rising-anime

2pm, tomorrow. I'm sure E-K and Grave are pretty excited about this. I think I'll check it out too, even though I haven't caught up on the series, since from what I've been reading of the newest chapters it's quite interesting and fairly accessible no matter where you start it.  ;)

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Yeah. Expect a review of this from me for the anime seasonal clusterfuck.

Grave

Yep, very excited. Although, I really need to get  a Crunchyroll account.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

You don't need to have an account to watch videos on CR. If you get an account and pay for a subscription, then you can watch all of their videos as soon as they release. However, if you just wait a week after each new episode is uploaded, then anyone can watch them for free. If you ask me, it makes much more sense to save some money if the only caveat for doing so is that you'll be a week behind the current releases.

Grave

Ah, so that's how that works. I was never a fan of having to register to a site just to watch something, and then I heard that you had to pay so I bypassed CR altogether. Hmm, glad that's cleared up.

Foggle

And while you're over at Crunchyroll, there's another show you need to watch... :humhumhum:

Quote from: Grave on October 05, 2013, 11:49:23 AM
Ah, so that's how that works. I was never a fan of having to register to a site just to watch something, and then I heard that you had to pay so I bypassed CR altogether. Hmm, glad that's cleared up.
I believe it used to be a premium-only service, but they changed it a while back to waiting a week for free users.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I just watched the first episode of Hajime no Ippo: Rising. I'll have my review up later tonight, but they are doing a really smart thing by cutting so much content out of the Shimabakuro fight, which I honestly found to be pretty boring in the manga.

Anyways, it was a good episode. I also LOVE how they are using most of the OST from the original run of the anime, which IMO is the best soundtrack for this show to have.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Just watched the premieres of Kuroko no Basket 2 and Kill La Kill as well. Both were also good.

Foggle

Grave

Quote from: Foggle on October 05, 2013, 12:25:03 PM
And while you're over at Crunchyroll, there's another show you need to watch... :humhumhum:

And that is?

Foggle

Grave

Ah, that. I did check Kill la Kill before going to bed last night. I thought the animation was spot on. The fighting and the animation are the main reasons I'm so curious about Birdy the Mighty and Corpse Princess. That said, the wackiness don't really cut it for me. I was never a fan of Gurren Lagann (and I see a bit of that here) or Fooly Cooly so I don't really get a kick out of that craziness, but the high octane animation really was good.

I guess I'm at that splitting point where the animation could really be a draw point for me, while everything else is a turnoff. Speaking of turnoffs, I really hope Ryoko (sp?) isn't going to be dressed like that throughout the series. I stopped myself from going on a rant about Fairy Tail throwing fanservice in my face every chapter, and that could be a breaking point for me.

I'm not dismissing this yet, because it definitely has the draw to get me back into anime, but because I have such a low tolerance level, I can't guarantee I'll be sticking with this.

Foggle

I'd assume it's only going to get sillier from the first episode, so it's probably not for you. :( Glad you liked the animation though!