What Are You Watching?

Started by Spark Of Spirit, January 21, 2011, 11:53:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LumRanmaYasha

Finished Beck. An excellent series, through and through, and one of the most true to life anime I've ever seen. Though, it's clear they had to rush the ending in order to get to where they needed to for a satisfactory conclusion, but it works sweet enough and makes the anime feel like a complete experience. I'll make sure to resume reading the manga starting sometime next week or so.

With Beck finished, I'll make Gankutsuou my next series to watch. I'll marathon through all of it on either Friday or Saturday.

Spark Of Spirit

Well, somebody else on this board had to eventually watch it.  :P

Glad you liked it.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

That's another series I've wanted to try for ages, but never got around to.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

The Shadow Gentleman

Ah, I remember Beck. I need to watch that again sometime.

Avaitor

The second arc is definitely better than the first. That chariot race!
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Lord Il

Quote from: Eddy on May 14, 2014, 01:16:46 PM
I was late to the party and just watched Attack on Titan and loved it. I've been fortunate enough to really love the last four anime series I've watched (Watamote, Madoka Magica, Kill la Kill, Attack on Titan). Who knows where my anime watching adventures will take me next? :light:
I'm on the fence about how I feel about Attack on Titan but that's actually a nice lil list of recent titles - Watamote, Madoka Magica, and Kill la Kill have all been great in my book.
-----

Currently watching Hitsugi no Chaika (Chaika - The Coffin Princess) which is currently running. I was close to dropping it after a weak first episode (Lord Dalek's review was spot on) but I'm glad I didn't. The characters have been a lot of fun for me so far with a plot that's full of mysterious goodness.

gunswordfist

I watched episode 130 of HXH within the last hour. I need new nails because I'm biting them all off.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Avaitor

Just finished season 1, which was good stuff.

I'll get to Stardust Crusaders later!

New blog!

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I finishes season 1 a few weeks ago, but forgot to mention it. It's not necessarily a personal favorite of mine, but I enjoyed it a great deal on the whole. I'm going to be starting Stardust Crusaders soon as well, but I'll be reading the manga for that part first rather than wait for the anime version to finish.

Meanwhile I'm continuing to watch AnJ part 1, which I took a hiatus from before due to some sub-par filler episodes, but now I'm back to the good stuff again, and I'm around the part where Joe is training to fight Wolf, which is a personal highlight of the series for me (one of the many).

LumRanmaYasha

Ah, I forgot to mention I finished Silver Spoon 2 last thursday. Some powerful, fantastic stuff that I think really puts this series on a whole other level compared to many shonen manga/anime currently running. I really must catch up on the manga as soon as possible.

Rynnec

Finished watching Karas. The story was pretty confusing at first, but everything made sense by the second half. The fights and animation were fucking awesome though, it almost felt like I was watching an anime version of Metal Gear Rising crossed with Tokusatsu. I really really hope Tatsunoko does more with this concept, it has a lot of potential.

Timeseeker

I'm watching Patlabor, it's a really enjoyable show with nice characters, and some animes of the season like Gokukoku no brynhildr and Mekakucity actors.

Souther

Finished re-watching Super Robot Wars OG: The Inspector. I had a good time, but this series is always a little hard to recommend to other people other than as dumb fun.

I don't think anyone who hasn't played the SRW Original Generation games will really get much out of this. Character development is both limited and predictable given the huge cast available, plus there's like four different enemy factions that can make following the narrative rather messy. But it's got some entertaining action sequences, the characters are charismatic enough, there are instances of great animation despite the recycled footage and the series provides both literal and figurative fanservice (it's a Masami Obari show, what else could you expect?) for those already familiar with these characters and their respective robots.

gunswordfist

Just finished episode 131 of Hunter X Hunter. Not sure how to describe what I watched. I just can't get over feeling kind of cheated because adult Gon was kind of spoiled for me when someone mentioned it at comicvine. That's literally all they said but I was piecing it together by the time it happened. Dammit, I was still hoping I was wrong and thought there might have been a time skip in the series or something.

Anyway, yeah that was another clear nod to Toguro's and Genkai's powers. Also, while they obviously didn't do the same power with it, Gon using life energy reminded me of Yusuke greatest feat, imo, when he used life energy to protect Kayko while he was in another dimension. Rant over.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

The Shadow Gentleman

I finally set down and watched Nausica? of the Valley of the Wind. While I loved the visuals and the design of the world, I didn't care to much for the story or the characters. Maybe it's just me, but a lot of it just seems...dull to me.