What Are You Watching?

Started by Spark Of Spirit, January 21, 2011, 11:53:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddy

I really appreciate the tone of the show. It's serious and suspenseful while, at the same time, has got some great comic relief. Ryuk, in particular, gets a lot of laughs out of me. And not to mention a few other scenes here and there.

"I'm going to take a potato chip... and eat it!"

LumRanmaYasha

The preview for the upcoming Parastye anime is out, and I have to say, it's gotten me pumped up. Even though I was a bit hesitant about the designs when I first saw them, now that I've seen them in motion, they're looking great to me (Shinichi still doesn't need glasses, though, but whatever). Now I really can't wait until this starts!  ;D

Eddy

I just finished episode 25 of Death Note.

I'm sad now.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Just FYI, the first 2/3rds if episode 26 is a recap, but DON'T skip the entire episode. For some reason they decided to include hugely important plot points in the last third of it. I think that most people feel that the series goes downhill after this point, until the ending (which is amazing, IMO), but personally I still like it for it's entertaining characters and usual over the top tone.

But, yeah, episode 25 was one of THOSE episodes where many people's favorite character dies. It really shocked me back in the day, but watching a series like Game of Thrones has kind of desensitized me to it. :P

Eddy

This particular character was my favorite character in the show (Ryuk's pretty great, too) so I'm quite distraught.

Fuck you, Light.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Ah, yes, the being anally pissed off at a villain for actually winning thing. Yet another thing that GOT forced me to get used to. Still, DN hasn't ended yet from where you're at, so you can't really know how it might end for the rest of the characters. I personally love the ending, myself, but I'll be interested to hear your thoughts on it when you get there.

Hime

Quite a long time I haven't posted here, so current anime I'm watching now are:

Sailor Moon Crystal
Accel World

And probably I'll get my hands on Clannad

Inkwolf

Watching Baccano. About half way through, now.

I hope it will have a truly epic ending that will justify the hours of watching thugs gorily and sadistically slaughtering people in a confusing mish-mosh of timelines....

DEFENSE!! DEFENSE!!___OFFENSE!! OFFENSE!!

gunswordfist

how will an epic ending redeem a series?
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: gunswordfist on August 18, 2014, 11:38:16 AM
how will an epic ending redeem a series?
I guess he's hoping that will turn the series on its head that will show that the violence had a purpose in the story.

I don't think that usually happens, though.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I'm probably the only person on this board who didn't particularly care for Baccano! as a series. I do think that Ladd Russo is a blast, though, but upon finishing the series, my reaction could be summed up like this: Eh....:-\

I do like the little that I've seen of DRRR, though.

Inkwolf

Heh, I'm just hoping that all the story bits will pull together into something coherent and interesting, because so far the story seems mainly a thin and garbled excuse for splashing buckets of blood around. No hope for that, are you saying? Ah, well, at this point I'll go on and finish anyway.

I will admit, I find Isaac and Miria fun. Without them, I'd probably have stopped watching after Ep. 3 or so. Still, it's getting so that they really need to add something new to their we're-silly-buggers routine...

DEFENSE!! DEFENSE!!___OFFENSE!! OFFENSE!!

Foggle

I thought Baccano's story was pretty interesting, actually. It also gets a lot better near the end, IMO.

Lord Dalek

Terra Formars is..........................................nope.

Spark Of Spirit

I just saw a picture of Kenshin killing Shishio in that stupid anime movie thing.

:whuh:

Why does Japan not understand why this arc is so good?
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton