DC Live Action

Started by Spark Of Spirit, October 08, 2014, 07:22:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

Anybody else watching these episodes? Because maaaaaaaan . . .
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Peanutbutter

I loved Mark Hamill's performance. Probably the closest we'll ever get to him playing The Joker in real, but it was really fun to see. :thumbup:

Can't wait to see how they resolve Barry going to the past in the near future.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

So, this was Mark Hamill's THIRD time portraying the Trickster. You can tell that he's pretty much an expert at it. ;)

It was also a really awesome nod to the 90's Flash TV series when The Trickster reunited with Barry's dad as they acted in a scene together, who's actor played The Flash of that show where Hamill was also the Trickster. :D

Spark Of Spirit

Mark Hamill was great in the role as usual. I like how Flash is able to weave villain of the week in with plot progression. Arrow did it too in the first season but it usually ended up being unbalanced.

Speaking of Arrow, Roy could be in serious trouble. But then, the Arrow operated while Roy was still walking around which means they might be able to prove he isn't the Green Arrow. Next week should be tense!
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Peanutbutter

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on April 02, 2015, 08:24:00 PM
So, this was Mark Hamill's THIRD time portraying the Trickster. You can tell that he's pretty much an expert at it. ;)

It was also a really awesome nod to the 90's Flash TV series when The Trickster reunited with Barry's dad as they acted in a scene together, who's actor played The Flash of that show where Hamill was also the Trickster. :D

Whoa, wait a sec. The guy that played Flash in the 90s series is the current Flash's dad in this series?  :wth: Dang, I can't believe I never knew that! That's actually pretty cool.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Yep: http://m.imdb.com/title/tt0098798/

Also, Danny Bilson was a creator and writer for that show; who also happens still be supporting Itagaki and VGS in producing Devil's Third (albeit from an unofficial position), which is something that I fully expect Spark to acknowledge. ;)

Spark Of Spirit

Episodes like this are why I like The Flash so much. Good story and characters, fun storytelling, and a good sprinkle of plot progression.

Spark Of Spirit

So, looks like Flash is headed for the endgame. Only three episodes left and everything is being brought into the open.

Well, except for next week being Grodd time, anyway. That's going to be fun.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Man, this show just keeps getting better and better. Between this and Arrow, the next few weeks will be really intense and entertaining for comic book shows.

Avaitor

Wow, both episodes this week, though.

People who have jumped ship on Arrow are crazy. This was a thrill ride from start to finish.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I had a couple of issues with this week's episode of Arrow (which I may elaborate on later), but putting some gripes aside, it continues on the high road that this series has been riding, and personally I think that it's the best overall season of the show so far.

Spark Of Spirit

Only thing I'm going to miss on Arrow is Roy, but the way he left was actually extremely well done.

One thing I want to say about Arrow is that I hope next season's plot is less overpowering to the Arrowverse as this one has been. Slade in season 2 was great because he still left room for normal superhero episodes, which I always enjoy for character development, but we haven't really had any since Brick. As much as I like season 3, this plot feels like it's been going on longer than it has. Thankfully there's only three episodes left, but to be honest, I'm looking forward to Flash's season finale more at this point.

Spark Of Spirit

Well, that episode was boring.

At least the Flash was pretty good this week.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I really can't stand Iris. Like, she's more grating than ever. I have no idea what the writers are thinking with that character. Otherwise, this was a decent episode of The Flash this week. Not great.

I still need to watch Arrow's episode, which I'll probably get around to tomorrow.

Spark Of Spirit

Yeah, I just don't know what they're trying to do with her. She's still a Mary Sue at this point, and I really hope it changes soon.