Excel and Ace move on to round 2.

Round 1: Match 9

Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

VS.

Shuichi Akai (Detective Conan)

VS.

Yosuke Mikura (Barbara)

VS.

Rock Howard (King of Fighters: Another Day anime)

My Picks:

Yosuke Mikura
Shuichi Akai
Monkey D. Luffy
Rock Howard

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Eh, pass. I'm only really familiar with Luffy and I've only seen Rock Howard in what I've played of Garou: Mark of the Wolves. The other 2 characters I'm completely unfamiliar with.

Spark Of Spirit

Yosuke Mikura
Shuichi Akai
Rock Howard
Monkey D. Luffy
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

VLordGTZ

Shuichi Akai
Monkey D. Luffy
Yosuke Mikura
Rock Howard

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

LumRanmaYasha

Results:

Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece) - 8
Shuichi Akai (Detective Conan) - 11
Yosuke Mikura (Barbara) - 13
Rock Howard (King of Fighters: Another Day anime) - 8

Yosuke Mikura and Shuichi Akai move on to round 2.

Round 1: Match 10

Shinichi Izumi (Parasyte)

VS.

Genkai (Yu Yu Hakusho)

VS.

F.F./Foo Fighters (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure)

VS.

Shinko the Kappa (Samurai Executioner)

My Picks:

Shinichi Izumi
F.F./Foo Fighters
Genkai
Shinko the Kappa

VLordGTZ

F.F./Foo Fighters
Genkai
Shinichi Izumi
Shinko the Kappa

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

As much as I want to support Genkai, I'll have to pass on this match. I'm unfamiliar with all of the other characters.

gunswordfist

LumRanmaYasha

Results:

Shinichi Izumi (Parasyte) - 8
Genkai (Yu Yu Hakusho) - 8
F.F./Foo Fighters (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure) - 8
Shinko the Kappa (Samurai Executioner) - 6

3-way tie. You guys know what to do.

gunswordfist

genkai, izumi, shinko and foo is my edit

LumRanmaYasha

Thank you, GSF.

Genkai and Izumi move on to round 2.

Round 1: Match 11

Akemi Roppongi (Maison Ikkoku)

VS.

Ranma Saotome (Ranma 1/2)

VS.

Boma (Heat Guy J)

VS.

Canary (Hunter X Hunter)

My Picks:

Akemi Roppongi - Akemi's kind of underrated, imo. Not only does she some great character moments, but she also is the main resident of Ikkoku that's really looking out for both Kyoko and Godai's best interests and isn't afraid to knock some sense into them when they are making bad decisions, like in the final part of the series. She's got a great laid-back personality and level-headed outlook on things, and though she does exploit Godai almost as much as Yotsuya and bother him as much as Ichinose, I think she shows she's a true friend to both him and Kyoko at several points in the series. She's easily my favorite character in the series after Godai and Kyoko themselves.

Ranma Saotome - Ranma is a funny and cool protagonist. Unlike other characters in similar series he isn't some weak-willed pushover that just happens to be important/get attention from the ladies for no reason. Ranma is a fully developed character with a strong personality and personal interests, and the series shows him working hard to become as strong as he does by the end of the series. Ranma is also a total jerk at times and no one in the series hesitates to call him out on that and give him some comeuppance if need be, but that just makes him more interesting and makes his interactions with Akane and Ryoga in particular consistently entertaining. He also has strong development in the series in terms of maturity, both in his relationship with Akane, coming to terms and embracing his "girl-type" form (though he never gives up his desire to change back to normal), and in re-establishing ties with his mother, the latter of which was always some of the strongest material in the series. So, while he's not my favorite character in the series (that's Nabiki), he's a definitely a a well-written and enjoyable lead that kept the series interesting throughout and had great chemistry with each of the supporting cast.

Canary - I like her well and fine, but she's nowhere near being one of the most interesting characters Togashi's written, even for minor characters, and isn't developed enough to be anywhere close to being as good a character as either Akemi or Ranma either.

Boma - I haven't seen Heat Guy J.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

The third round in a row that I'll have to pass on. I should probably just get around to reading Takahashi's stuff, already. I know how badly you want everyone to, CX. :humhumhum:

LumRanmaYasha

:awesome:

Well, everyone should check out Maison Ikkoku, at the very least. But I really do love her most of her stuff, and she's made some damn great series. UY, MI, and Ranma are considered classics for good reason, imo.

Anyways, I think you should be able to vote on tomorrow's match, so there's that.  ;)