Animation Revelation Shoutbox

Started by Neomysterion X. Prime, December 28, 2010, 04:20:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Commode

Chick N Minis are the best, they make it even more perfect by pairing them with those mini hash browns/tater tots.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

gunswordfist

Falling back in love with Chik-Fil-A just from hearing the possibilities..
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

The Shadow Gentleman

Foggle

So, the Trans-Pacific Partnership has been signed. Fanfiction and AMVs are now illegal. People are already getting banned from Twitter for posting anime screencaps.

I guess if AR gets shut down and I'm hauled off to Gitmo, you'll know why!

Spoiler
This post was written mostly in jest, but seriously, what the fuck
[close]

gunswordfist

Define mostly, please. I saw CX reweet about TPP but was too lazy to look into it.

Dr. Insomniac

Foggle

Quote from: gunswordfist on February 06, 2016, 02:59:05 AM
Define mostly, please. I saw CX reweet about TPP but was too lazy to look into it.
It basically gives IP holders the authority to do whatever the fuck they want with anyone "misusing" their properties. While nothing will probably come of it in most instances, Fair Use doesn't really exist anymore, giving publishers/producers the right to DMCA and even sue fan artists/fanfic writers for infringing on their copyright. Under this law, they would be entirely in their jurisdiction to get mad at me for our various logos and smileys featuring characters we do not own, as well as the screencaps in our blog posts. I'm not particularly worried about anything happening at the moment, but Funimation and Viz are already going hard after people on Twitter for posting pictures from anime. No one's going to be getting jail time for this nonsense, though (as far as I know...).

The Shadow Gentleman

If I recall correctly, it's not the law of the land quite yet because it hasn't been approved by congress, so there's still hope.

Nameless

gunswordfist

gunswordfist

Dr. Insomniac

I hope the next Batman writer will say his favorite movies are the old serials with Dr. Daka, Batman Forever, and a version of The Dark Knight Rises he watched that was just the plane scene stretched to two hours.

The Shadow Gentleman

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on February 09, 2016, 07:43:10 PM
I hope the next Batman writer will say his favorite movies are the old serials with Dr. Daka, Batman Forever, and a version of The Dark Knight Rises he watched that was just the plane scene stretched to two hours.

But they won't let me near the DC offices anymore, let alone write for them.

The Shadow Gentleman

Dr. Insomniac