South Park

Started by Dr. Ensatsu-ken, December 31, 2010, 01:23:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nel_Annette

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on September 29, 2013, 01:32:16 PM
Anyways, this was a pretty "meh" premiere (I did laugh at the Alec Baldwin jokes, though), but also not nearly the worst that I've seen from this show. It really doesn't phase me, though, since every season at least has a few episodes like these. I just hope that the following episodes are better.

I just hope that with this season starting the whole "10 episodes" thing, the quality will be higher. And yes, I completely forgot, but the Alec Baldwin parts were freaking great.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Cartoon X on October 03, 2013, 12:38:55 PM
Oh man, last night's episode was absolutely hilarious! It might even be a new favorite of mine!  ;D

While not a favorite of mine, it definitely had me laughing.

I loved the twist where the kids were the one blocking the adult's content.

Daxdiv

I just loved the whole idea of adults playing Minecraft. Kind of like how I enjoyed the Warcraft episode, despite never getting WoW. I forgot, did they even find an answer to the kids' security question?

Nel_Annette

This Zimmerman episode is so fucked up.  :lol: Cartman's leaving a fucking body count.

Daxdiv

That boy you shot was white.

GUILTY!

LumRanmaYasha

Oh man, yesterday's episode was another winner. I laughed so hard through the whole thing.  :lol:

Season 17's looking pretty good so far.   ;D

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I just watched the episode. Yeah, fucked up is an understatement, but it was also hilarious.

Daxdiv

No new episode tonight due to a power outage at South Park Studios, instead we're getting Scott Tenorman Must Die. Link for official source.

LumRanmaYasha

Aw man, and the new episode was going to have the my favorite tertiary characters, the Goth Kids, in it too!  :imnothappy:

Nel_Annette

Wow, they had an extra week and the episode ended up sucking. That's a shame.

Daxdiv

The opening was interesting, I'll give them that.

LumRanmaYasha

I doubt they used that extra week to change anything to the show other than finish animating it. If anything, the next episode should be the one that should be better than normal since that's the one they've been given a head start on to complete.

As for this episode, I loved it. Not only was it nice to not have a topical episode for a change, but I also found the basic idea of the plot, the interactions between the Goth Kids, the Vamp kid, Edgar Allen Poe, and ultimately, how the twist played out, hilarious. I'll admit to some bias since I love "The Ungroundables" and the Goth  kids are some of my favorite tertiary characters in South Park, but I really did think this was a pretty funny episode, even if it wasn't exactly phenomenal.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Nel_Annette on October 24, 2013, 03:22:45 PMWow, they had an extra week and the episode ended up sucking. That's a shame.

I thought it was hilarious. I guess I just have a different sense of humor than most people. This was my favorite episode of the season so far.

LumRanmaYasha

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on October 24, 2013, 05:37:27 PM
Quote from: Nel_Annette on October 24, 2013, 03:22:45 PMWow, they had an extra week and the episode ended up sucking. That's a shame.

I thought it was hilarious. This was my favorite episode of the season so far.

:swoon:

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I should also point out that I'm not an avid defender of this show. The last few seasons have had some real duds that I wouldn't hesitate to call out for being shit ("Pee" comes to mind, most of all). But, sometimes I just don't get what other people are looking for.

"You Have 0 Friends" was one of the best episodes of the show, but hardly anyone even talked about it.

"Cash For Gold" got mediocre reception at best, but it had me laughing my ass off.

"Stanley's Cup" was ingenious, IMO, but people hated it because they apparently didn't get the ending.

When I think about it, I've always disagreed with the mass majority on good South Park episodes.

So, when I say I liked this episode, it's not me being a fanboy. I just love the personalities that clashed in this episode, and I like how this series can focus on really minor characters for an entire episode and can still make them just as entertaining as any of the main characters.