Gravity Falls

Started by Mr. Big, June 16, 2012, 08:58:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiddington

Yet another week off until the next episode (March 15th).

Man, Disney Channel blows. I don't know how this show can possibly sustain any kind of viewership momentum with scheduling this fucked up.

Goldstar

There's a new episode every 2 weeks, apparently. And I thought Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network's half premieres was bad. I suppose that it could be worse, but since GF is literally the only thing that I watch on Disney Channel anymore, you would think that Disney would try to keep as many new viewers as possible.
The Star Twins + cartoons + geek speak =Twinsanity!

The Shadow Gentleman

It is kind of disturbing that the only thing I watch on a channel was postponed for several months and now only comes on every two weeks. At least it gets good ratings and has a large fanbase, which is more than I can say for the other Disney show I care about (Tron Uprising).

Spark Of Spirit

At least they're pushing it. P&F is the only other animated show they push at all. (But given how it has effort put into it unlike Fish Hooks, it's better than the alternative)

They seem to at least now they have a quality show.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Yeah, Disney seems to know that they have something here, and the show is a perfect compliment to P&F in terms of its following, even if it is clearly better.

Oh, and I've been enjoying the past couple of episodes. I just wish they'd come out at a somewhat faster pace.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

Oh yeah, I should have mentioned that the last episode was pretty good.

It's like when Futurama remembered Anthology Of Interest was a thing.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Mr. Big

Just found out that Mermando (merman in the latest episode) was voiced by Matt Chapman of Homestar Runner fame.

I miss Strong Bad Email. :(

Silverstar

Quote from: Mr. Big on March 17, 2013, 01:01:29 PM
Just found out that Mermando (merman in the latest episode) was voiced by Matt Chapman of Homestar Runner fame.

Cool.

Chapman also played a guest villain in the Aquabats episode "Cobra Man!". As soon as I heard his character talk, I thought, "Hey, that's Strong Bad!" And he was wearing a Luchador mask to boot!  :lol:
Twinsanity - the Star Twins' blog. Cartoons. Pop Culture. Comedy. Opinions. Commentary. Analysis. Geekiness.

Avaitor

Does Homestar still exist?

Cute episode, btw.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Daikun

Quote from: Avaitor on March 17, 2013, 05:45:54 PMDoes Homestar still exist?

Nope. The brothers have to deal with raising children and TV work now. They don't have time for making Flash cartoons on the Internet.

Spark Of Spirit

I hope I'm not rocking the boat here, but this episode is pretty awful.

The Shadow Gentleman

Eh, I kind of agree. It felt like it was being to much of a tribute to the creators sister, which I know it was. Pretty subpar.

Goldstar

Yeah, there's been far too much attention devoted to romance on Gravity Falls as of late. It's starting to bring down the show. I really hope we've seen the last of the Dipper/Wendy/Robbie triangle for a while, as this is easily my least favorite aspect of the show. There were a few decent jokes, but overall, this one was pretty "blah". Even Mabel's sweater design wasn't very imaginative this week.
The Star Twins + cartoons + geek speak =Twinsanity!

LumRanmaYasha

Eh, I got some chuckles out of the episode, but I'm tired of romantic plots being the focus in the show in these recent episodes. Gravity Falls established itself with a focus on supernatural mysteries. Let's get back to that, shall we?

Silverstar

While we're at it, I'd like to get less stories with Dipper and Mabel each having separate plots. The better episodes (IMO) are the ones which the twins work together on a single plot as opposed to the ones where they split off into their own little bits of business.

On the up side, we haven't seen Pacifica Northwest since "The Time Traveler's Pig", so there's that. (Well, we saw her from the back in line at the Sev'ral Timez concert, but thankfully she didn't say or do anything.)
Twinsanity - the Star Twins' blog. Cartoons. Pop Culture. Comedy. Opinions. Commentary. Analysis. Geekiness.