Gravity Falls

Started by Mr. Big, June 16, 2012, 08:58:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

There's a Regina George gif I could use here, but I can't think of one.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Avaitor on April 26, 2013, 01:23:40 PM
There's a Regina George gif I could use here, but I can't think of one.
Figures.

I haven't even watched the latest episode yet due to being busy and the bad word-of-mouth from you guys. Still weird to realize that the show's almost a year old. I can still remember the Cartoon Brew commenters bitch about its mere existence.

The Shadow Gentleman

Quote from: Kiddington on April 23, 2013, 07:34:11 PM
Quote from: Daikun on April 23, 2013, 07:25:35 PM
No episodes in May.

:wth:

...dammit, Disney.

If this show wasn't already renewed for a second season, I'd be worried. Its like they're taking every chance they can to not air a new episode.

Kiddington

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on April 26, 2013, 01:15:57 PM
Just because they're supposed to be asses doesn't mean that they can't be interesting ones.

This.

If characters like these are going to be a constant influence on the series (in the case of Robbie, anyway; Pacifica hasn't been a factor for ages, so I'm kinda hoping they got the message and gave her the hook), give them at least one redeeming quality; whether it be a couple of good one-liners every now and again, a sweet, humanizing moment... something. Don't just make them as bland and unlikeable as possible simply because they're a parody of a particular stereotype.

Avaitor

Yeah, stereotypical school-age jerks can be entertaining. I name-dropped Regina George, but besides her, I've been able to laugh at characters like Jimbo, Kevin, and Sarah, for just a few examples, just fine, even if they're not people I'd want to be friends with. They're funny and have each contributed enough strong storylines and dilemmas to justify their existences.

Robbie and Pacifica don't add anything but unnecessary conflict to already packed and defined episodes in the latter's case, or drag down the rest of an episode with the former. I think it's fair to call them low points in an otherwise fine show.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

GaryPotter

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 22, 2013, 04:13:26 PM
Have Wendy's other friends even reappeared since their first appearance? They were way more enjoyable than Robbie was, yet he got all the focus since.

They had cameos in Double Dipper and Boss Mabel, but not any speaking roles.

Kiddington

To be honest, I found all of her friends to be nothing more than obnoxious bit-players best suited for a one-off. Shame though that, of anyone in the group, they decided to stick with Robbie as a regular.

On another subject; once again, I'd like to point out that we still have four episodes left in Season 1, and we're only less than two months away from the show being a year old (and we're not getting anything this month at all). Has that ever happened before? Has it ever taken a network an entire calendar year (or longer) to air a single season of a television series? I honestly cannot recall.

Dr. Insomniac

Kiddington

Welp, I stand corrected.

Still bullshit. That ultimately doesn't surprise me though, given CN's general treatment to non-toyetic action series for about as long as anyone can remember.

Dr. Insomniac

Avaitor

It took over a year for season 2 of American Dragon to air, but that was extended.

Oh, season 5 of Ed, Edd n' Eddy. That took a couple of years for it all to air, IIRC.

New blog!

GaryPotter

According to /co/, we're only getting one new episode next month. "Land Before Swine" airs on June 28th.

Avaitor

New blog!

Mr. Big

New episode tomorrow!

Was apparently leaked, though. The people that saw it says it's better than the last one, and that it's really good.

The Shadow Gentleman

Quote from: Mr. Big on June 27, 2013, 09:10:32 PM
Was apparently leaked, though. The people that saw it says it's better than the last one, and that it's really good.
It is indeed. Don't ask me how I know this.  .3.