Batman: The Brave & The Bold

Started by Spark Of Spirit, January 11, 2011, 07:08:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

I just watched Scorn of the Star Sapphire. I was glad to see Wonder Woman. I already like her! Afterwards, I was thinking, "It's too bad that Hal has been in this show for like 5 seconds. They never give that man the love he deserves. I'd love this show more if it had a good Flash, Wonder Woman and Hal" then a minute later, he shows up onscreen. :swoon: The episode was alright. Hal was kind of too wishy washy or whatever so I didn't really click with him. I hope I see more of him though. Hal's my 4th favorite Justice League member.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

gunswordfist

Earlier I saw Time For Vengeance (or was it Time For Revenge?). Unpopular opinion: I liked The Creeper in Batman TAS. However, I couldn't stand him in his BTBATB debut. Kind of annoying. As the actual episode, it was a nice time traveling adventure....and holy shit, Equinox! I did not see that coming at all. ;D I got to admit that a number of villains could have took his place there (Equinox doesn't exactly seem like a machine kind of villain) but the fact that he could return (don't tell me! don't tell me!) excites me. ;D

Spark Of Spirit

I really liked that they brought Equinox back the way they did and that they left the ending open as they did. Equinox works best as a threat you don't see coming.

Season 3 lets the staff really go wild with ideas, since they knew it would be their last go. My personal favorite episode is the second to last one. Personally, I think its a great wrap up to the serious side of the universe.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

LumRanmaYasha

"Four Star Spectacular" is a great episode. It's four unrelated short stories featuring different superheroes and with Batman either just a cameo or secondary character in each. It's an excellent concept to just have fun with some minor heroes that they couldn't do full episodes with while showing the depth of the series' universe, and also is probably one of the funniest episodes of the series as well.

Spark Of Spirit

Oh, I'm sorry, I meant third last. "Crisis: 22,300 Miles Above Earth" is one of my favorite episodes.

"Four Star Spectacular" IS great, though.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

I watched Trivumate of Terror and the Mr. Freeze short stories episode yesterday. It's nice to see that Superman and Wonder Woman are established Just League member now. The Mr. Freeze episode was pretty funny and well written. Cavalier had a decent scheme for once and it surprised me when they said he was a murderer. I thought he'd be too incompetent to even do that. The part at the end where Green Arrow arrow-trip Freeze, Freeze slowly tries to pull back his Freeze gun to him and O'Brien clipped it off and then Aquaman KO'd him for interrupting his ridiculous story earlier gave me a good laugh. :D

gunswordfist

Just finished watching Powerless. *Aquaman gasps*"Boom! You're dead. Boom! You're dead. Boom! Boom! Boom!""That makes you some of the weakest, most pathetic organisms in the universe."I didn't pay attention to him in Justice League but I love him here. One of the funniest episodes I've seen.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: gunswordfist on June 27, 2014, 03:22:21 PM
Just finished watching Powerless. *Aquaman gasps*"Boom! You're dead. Boom! You're dead. Boom! Boom! Boom!""That makes you some of the weakest, most pathetic organisms in the universe."I didn't pay attention to him in Justice League but I love him here. One of the funniest episodes I've seen.
It really is my favorite portrayal of the character. Not because "irony lol" or anything, but because his personality is extremely infectious and his lines are too good.

gunswordfist

True. They gave him a lot of good dialogue. :)

gunswordfist

Just finished watching Episode 12 of Season 3 and I watched episode 11 earlier. Batman straight up murdered Ra's. This is like the cruelest animated version of the character. :D First Equinox and now him. In episode 11, I loved the Adam Strange and Flash shorts. I wish I could see more of them. Adam Strange's first episode rocked so much.

gunswordfist

I finished watching Mitefall with this hour. I was wondering if they were aware that the show is actually going to get cancelled at first but then it became so obvious halfway through. It was good to see Ambush Bug. Basically DC's Deadpool from what I've read. I kind of like the Batluge, lol. I know they were going to give Batman a gun after what Batmite said. That and Scrappy was funny. *sighs* I'm sad the show is over. This show should have had a ton of spinoffs. So much wasted potential.

Spark Of Spirit

The series could have gone on a long time, but at least it had a good run. I don't actually think there's a bad episode in the bunch.

gunswordfist

Me too. A few of the shorts (pretty much all the ones that didn't have Diedrich Batman in them, namely those comic strip ones) were a bit boring but besides that, no complaints.

Also, I just remembered that we didn't get to see Equinox again. :cry: The only real loose end the show had so I can't complain.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Daikun on May 09, 2014, 05:52:02 PM
So, I finally watched all 65 episodes of this series the first time through. I watched some of the first season when the show premiered on CN and I somewhat enjoyed it, but the series couldn't have premiered at a terrible time in CN's life--I felt rather burned out by the network. It was the beginning one of their Dark Ages. Adult Swim had grown monotonous before that point and I was still feeling rather angry that Toonami had been cancelled. Also, they were flushing through junk programming to see what sticks (this was before Adventure Time would pull them out of the rut). I just needed a break from CN in general, and I was swamped with University homework, so I didn't watch much CN outside of Regular Show.

After I got done with University, wow, did things pick up! I felt refreshed and started getting into the network again. Toonami was back and I was checking out more neat originals. Then Beware the Batman was announced for Toonami, and that made me think about giving Brave and the Bold a second shot.

I can't believe I skipped out on most of this series for the longest time. It's one of the best modern incarnations of Batman post-DCAU. Diedrich Bader is perfectly cast and the comedy works amazingly well. I'm glad that they went with a Silver Age approach to the comedy instead of doing those cringe-worthy faux-anime references that cartoons like to mock so much. After seeing disappointing recent incarnations like The Batman (which was just meh) and The Dark Knight Rises (which I feel is the worst Batman movie, period), this series was a refreshing change of pace.
Well damn.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I guess Daikun has never seen any of these movies, then:

Batman Forever
Batman & Robin
Mystery of the Batwoman
Son of Batman