The Flintstones reboot is dead.

Started by GaryPotter, April 26, 2012, 01:05:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

I still think there's potential for a new Flintstones series, like if they took the writers from The Looney Tunes Show and work on Fred and Barney instead.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Insomniac

Or perhaps go the Mystery Inc route and make a Flintstones that's self-aware and pokes fun at its own legacy?

Spark Of Spirit

Aren't the American Dad writers the original Family Guy writers? That would explain a lot.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on April 26, 2012, 05:25:59 PM
Or perhaps go the Mystery Inc route and make a Flintstones that's self-aware and pokes fun at its own legacy?
That could work, too. And it's not like having to deal with irritating romantic bs in it would be such a problem, since the relationships between the Flintstones and the Rubbles has always been a key part of the show's legacy.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Goldstar

Quote from: Avaitor on April 26, 2012, 05:02:50 PM
I still think there's potential for a new Flintstones series, like if they took the writers from The Looney Tunes Show and work on Fred and Barney instead.

Perhaps, but I think that a new Flintstones series would stand a greater chance of surviving on Cartoon Network than on FOX prime-time. NBC tried to bring The Flintstones back to prime time Sunday nights back in the 80s and it was gone after about 3 weeks. In fact, in the wake of The Looney Tunes Show and Scooby Doo: Mysteries Inc. being greenlit, it's somewhat curious that CN hasn't attemped to revive The Flintstones in any way, shape or form.
The Star Twins + cartoons + geek speak =Twinsanity!

Kiddington

I wouldn't be opposed to a remake myself, but they have to find someone better for this than Seth MacFarlane. We all know what it would turn into. Look no further than Cleveland for proof; almost a carbon copy of everything bad and unlikable about late-run Family Guy, but with a new cast of thousands in its place. If I were a betting man, I'd almost guarantee his idea of a Flintstones reboot would turn out roughly the same way.

...and besides, I don't want it on Fox. The classic to clunker ratio on that network speaks volumes, moreso than most. And really, the kind of show Flintstones is, it doesn't fit into their current brand of comedy at all (IE the bill of goods that MacFarlane is trying to sell), without drastically altering the integrity of the series in the process. IMO, give the idea to CN; they have their problems like anyone else, but they tend to do right when it comes to this kind of stuff.

Spark Of Spirit

Get the Laff Riot guys back on Looney Tunes and the LTS writers on the Flintstones.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Goldstar

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 26, 2012, 05:48:01 PM
Get the Laff Riot guys back on Looney Tunes and the LTS writers on the Flintstones.

Better yet, get the Laff Riot guys back on both shows!
The Star Twins + cartoons + geek speak =Twinsanity!

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Goldstar on April 26, 2012, 05:49:39 PM

Too bad that makes sense, something CN is against in this current era.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Goldstar on April 26, 2012, 05:49:39 PM

I wish!

Those guys deserve it.  8)

Commode

Is The Looney Tunes Show still on?  I watch a decent amount of CN(not a lot, but probably more than I should) and I haven't seen it in ages.  Is there going to be a season two, or did they shitcan it already?
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Kiddington

What's Tom Ruegger up to these days?

He'd be perfect for this.

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Comeau on April 26, 2012, 05:53:48 PM
Is The Looney Tunes Show still on?  I watch a decent amount of CN(not a lot, but probably more than I should) and I haven't seen it in ages.  Is there going to be a season two, or did they shitcan it already?
Yeah, there's going to be a season two from what I've heard.

Spark Of Spirit

Even Loonatics got a season 2, and that did much worse than this did. The trick will be to see if it lasts beyond that.

Kiddington

There are only two shows in the history of CN (not counting CN Real crap that was cancelled within days of debut) that haven't gotten to, at least, a second season: Sym-Bionic Titan, and Robotomy.

Unless I'm missing something, TLTS is giant-robot free, so they should be in the clear.