What Are You Currently Playing? 6.65: Neighbor of the Beast

Started by Foggle, February 28, 2014, 02:18:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

talonmalon333

And if you find the series just isn't working for you, I'd at least recommend anyone play MGS3. It's pretty much the best game in the series and nails the stealth gameplay. Plus, it works very well as a stand alone story. Anyone could potentially enjoy that game without ever touching the rest of the series.

Nel_Annette

It would appear that Rising is less than $9 on Amazon. THAT WILL GO INTO THE CART AS WELL!

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: gunswordfist on June 07, 2015, 12:05:48 AM
Also, play MGS2 first
Do you also tell people who have never played a Mario game before to start with Sunshine, or someone interested in Ratchet to play All 4 One first?  :P

Start at the beginning and work your way forward.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Sunshine is amazing aside from the unfair difficulty level though. :D

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Nel_Annette

Found my PSP. So now this is happening after a day of Hyrule Warriors.

gunswordfist

I got a working 360 today and I started Spider-Man Shattered Dimensions. Now I can really appreciate Spider-Man Noir. :)

talonmalon333

Is Sunshine really that hard? I mostly remember it just being boring and repetitive.

Spark Of Spirit

It's very monotonous. But usually people refer to the poorly implemented blue coins when talking about difficulty.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

talonmalon333

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 10, 2015, 01:48:37 AM
It's very monotonous. But usually people refer to the poorly implemented blue coins when talking about difficulty.

Right. I remember now. That was bad but I don't think it was the game's main problem. It was just boring as a whole. Certainly a far cry from amazing.

Foggle

Some of the levels are fucking rage-worthy. That watermelon...

Quote from: talonmalon333 on June 10, 2015, 01:50:17 AM
Right. I remember now. That was bad but I don't think it was the game's main problem. It was just boring as a whole. Certainly a far cry from amazing.
It's no more boring than Mario 64. Which also isn't boring.

gunswordfist

talonmalon333

Quote from: gunswordfist on June 10, 2015, 10:33:44 AM
Well Super Mario 64 is just fine.

Yeah. 64 had a lot of care put into it, with plenty of varied and creative levels. Sunshine is just a bunch of cities and regular locations with little real platforming. And there are only, like, five levels in the whole game so you're constantly revisiting them. Then there's the fact that the game's idea of good gameplay is having you clean the cities with water. That's what this game finds to be fun, something people don't even like doing in real life. :P

Nel_Annette

Sunshine had wonderful atmosphere, if anything. It keeps the tropical island motif going for almost all of the game, barring those weird other-worldly non-Fludd sections. And Fludd was fun as hell to use. And I think I'm the only person in the world who actually liked hunting the blue coins.

I enjoy Sunshine more than the Galaxy games, at any rate.

Spark Of Spirit

There are two sorts of 3D Mario fans. One seem to think Super Mario 64 and Sunshine are brilliant games and the Galaxy games are letdowns, and the other love the Galaxy games and just aren't fans of the older 3D Mario games. I'm in the latter camp who also likes Super Mario 3D World far more than SM64, and is probably the only one in the world who thinks so.