What Are You Reading?

Started by Dr. Insomniac, December 27, 2010, 04:55:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

gunswordfist

I finished volume 8 of DeDeadpool goes back to Weapon X, fights Sabertooth, tragedy strikes, gets revived with piss (ok, maybe not), T-Ray finally returns and he gets a cosmic addition to his rogue's gallery. This seems lower in quality than all the other volumes, from what I can remember
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Avaitor

I found the first 3 volumes of Kenshin for $5 total, and added a figure of Kurama from the 2004 toyline for an additional $2. Not a bad day.

I also got the first volume of the recent Elektra series the other day, which I'll get to soon. Most likely before RK, since I spent more on that.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

Those the omnibuses or the individual volumes?
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 05, 2015, 03:44:16 PM
Those the omnibuses or the individual volumes?
Individual.

I forget, do the omnibuses come with 2 or 3 volumes?
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

LumRanmaYasha

All of the Kenshin omnibi are 3 volumes long, except for the last one, which is 4 volumes.

gunswordfist

Good job on buying Kenshin.

I kind of want to check out Elektra's series. Besides it apparently getting killed off fast, I've heard good things about it and love the art I've seen.

Avaitor

Awesome, so I basically got the first omnibus for a great price!

I'll look for the others later. This sure deserves a re-read from me, anyway.

New blog!

Pharass

Recently finished Bacchus by Eddie Campbell. I wrote about the first two volumes on my blog a short while ago, so go there if you want the gist of it. Anyway, I think this may be my new favorite comic, or at the very least its in my top five. It was just consistently great from start to finish and it definitely made me interested in checking out more of Campbell's solo stuff.
In every age
In every place
The deeds of men
Remain the same.

gunswordfist

May I have a link to your blog? (I scrubbed my history so I lost it.) I tend to link your views on comics. :)

Pharass

Quote from: gunswordfist on June 06, 2015, 04:30:27 PM
May I have a link to your blog? (I scrubbed my history so I lost it.) I tend to link your views on comics. :)

Of course. Just click on the globe below my avatar.
In every age
In every place
The deeds of men
Remain the same.

gunswordfist

Doh, of course. Thank you. :)

gunswordfist

I just completed Volume 5 of American Vampire. It feels good to return to this comic after years. I can't wait to catch up. The Lord Of Nightmares/Dracula arc was decent and then 3 of my 5 favorite characters teamed up. I've never seen a character juggle a dark and good side quite like Pearl Jones. She's turning into my favorite comic book heroine ever, if she's not already there.

gunswordfist

I started Deadpool Classic Volume 9 early this morning. I love Udon art. I'll finish the book later today.

In other news, I plan on reading a decent amount of comics to continue to reshape my favorite comic book characters lists. So far it looks like Pearl Jones, Omni-Man, Spider-Man Noir, Ultimate Peter Parker and Maestro are on the rise.

Pharass

Got the second and fourth volume of Zorn & Dirna and Il Etait Une Fois En France respectively.

Volume 2 of Zorn & Dirna was very good, I could tell when I read the first volume that this comic had a lot of potential and it seems to live up to it. In this volume, the two titular characters meet their parents and we are introduced to the main villain of the comic: The Crown prince, who's a real piece of work. All of this takes place in a world where people no longer die and as result, everything has gone down the toilet. In short, its good fun and I'm looking forward to reading the next volume.

The fourth volume of Il Etait.. was just as excellent as the previous three. In this one, we see the end of an era as the Allied forces begin closing in on Paris. Meanwhile, Joseph Joanovici must keep the Resistance and the Nazis from finding out that he's been playing both sides, but at what cost? A great read that features one of the most complex and morally ambiguous protagonists I've seen in a comic.
In every age
In every place
The deeds of men
Remain the same.