Video Game Movies

Started by Dr. Insomniac, November 07, 2023, 05:59:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Insomniac

Avaitor

The thing is, this could be the interesting kind of failure the 90's Super Mario Bros. movie was with the talent like this, but Nintendo is so tightly controlling that it'll probably end up being the perfunctory slop Illumination's Mario was instead. Watchable but totally unremarkable.

I do wonder who the cast will consist of. I was seriously expecting Tom Holland and Millie Bobby Brown for Link and Zelda when this was animated (MBB could keep her British accent for once, Holland would probably be forced to do his American thing once again), but they don't seem right for live-action.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Insomniac

I saw a ton of people pitch Hunter Schafer as Zelda, and I'd be down with that.

As for the talent involved right now, even if Nintendo didn't have a tight grip on creative control, I wouldn't expect a 90s Mario thing. That movie was as wild as it was because the Max Headroom guys were hired. I can't see the guy who directed The Maze Runner movies or the guy who wrote Jurassic World making an insane Legend of Zelda movie.