Toonami

Started by Rynnec, May 21, 2012, 02:35:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

Yeah, you can stop being cynical for no reason now.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Daikun

Let's hope this TIE actually DOES change something about Toonami, which is why it was the best of the TIEs. Lockdown and TiH did nothing to change the block. The Intruder gave us a new TOM and a new wing for the Absolution.

LumRanmaYasha

Wow, Toonami has come a LONG way. Even though I can't say that I like everything on the lineup, I believe this Toonami is probably the strongest incarnation of the block since 2000. I mean, it's 6.5 hours long (and might become 7 before the end of the year), is airing a world premiere anime, has new bumpers and/or goodies out weekly, a varied lineup that generally caters to multiple people's interests, and on top of that a new TIE event after, what, 13 years and one that actually promises to be as good as the first? And think about it. When the block came back less than two years ago the lineup was only three hours long, under-budgeted, and only played ASA leftovers and "premiered" mid-2000's FUNimation series. It's only been a year and a half since then. The rate of growth from those days is astonishing, and the revived Toonami is proving to be a much better programming block than it was back ten years ago, and is looking to stay strong for a considerable while.

Anyways, I'm excited to see the TIE. I hope it really is a game-changer like they promise.

Peanutbutter

Never thought in a million years they'd do Intruder Part 2. Should be cool.

Looks like Lord Dolmus was off by eight years.

Nel_Annette

The original Intruder is what made me a Toonami fan.  :joy:

Daikun

Avaitor

Oh, that was this week?
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Daikun

Quote from: Avaitor on February 10, 2014, 11:18:48 AMOh, that was this week?

Just the trending, which Toonami called for. The more trending it got, the bigger the event would be.

It premieres next year.

Daxdiv

Blue Exorcist starting at 1:30, with Soul Eater moving to 2:00 AM. Guess Black Lagoon will go to 2 AM.

LumRanmaYasha

That's what I figured. Black Lagoon is the older show, so it makes sense for it to be at 2am while Blue Exorcist, which is newer, gets 1:30.

LumRanmaYasha

Another month, another tumblr Q&A.

QuoteQ. Why air Black Lagoon when it will be censored to hell?

A. It won?t be. We can?t use the ?eff? word but there?s very little else that will have to be censored from Black Lagoon.

QuoteQ. Is there going to be another Movie month? if so when would it be?

A. There won?t be another movie month for a while. We will definitely air movies again, though! Be on the lookout.

QuoteQ. Will Space Dandy have a second go at 1130 when it finishes it's first run in a few weeks?

A. Probably, but it?s not set in stone. We?ll keep you posted!

QuoteQ. You guys planning on doing any more PC game reviews?

A. We?re apple folk, for the most part, so it?s typically going to be consoles, and every now and then a game that?s on mac.

QuoteQ. TOM use to do game reviews, is he going to do anymore? Also who plays the games exactly?

A. Have you been watching toonami? We just did a game review for Dead Rising 3 last week. Gill, Jason or Dennis usually play the games being reviewed.

QuoteQ. Do you only have the first season of Black Lagoon, or do you also have The Second Barrage and/or Robert's Blood Trail?

A. We will be airing the first and second seasons of Black Lagoon. We won?t be airing the OVA, at least for now!

Ah. Well, hopefully that changes and they air Blood Trail soon as Second Barrage is over with.

QuoteQ. How does one send music to the crew for a possible addition onto the block?

A. You can submit music by sending a link to Jason DeMarco?s twitter account: @clarknova1. Thanks!

QuoteQ. So is the Space Dandy intro changed forever now? Not only did I like the other one better, but now the episode previews are gone since it's longer! I'm pretty disappointed, although I know you had a lot of people complaining about you not showing the Japanese intro.

A. The episode previews shouldn?t have been removed that was a mistake. (spoiler alert - not ours) Hopefully we should have all of this worked out around 2019.

Oh. Well, hopefully they can rectify that blunder next week.

QuoteQ. Where's Sword-Art tonight?

A. Sword Art went to go live on a farm. There?s a stream to drink from, and a big field, and Sword Art just runs and runs and runs all day.

QuoteQ. Why don't you take risks and air non world premiere shows like dbz?

A. Airing DBZ would hardly be called a ?risk? by any stretch of the imagination, anon.

QuoteQ. You guys post a pic from the original Dragon Ball a while back. Any chance we'd get that in lieu of DBZ? Apologies if you've got this one before.

A. No Dragon Ball or DBZ for now, sorry.

Only "for now?" Looks like they're starting to crack under pressure.

QuoteQ. Since adult swim is moving up an hour would Toonami move up an hour as well?

A. There are no plans for that at present.

QuoteQ. what are you guys' favorite pokemon and why is it pidgeot?

A. GENGAR!

QuoteQ. Will Clone Wars going to Netflix affect it's status on the block?

A. we haven?t heard anything in that regard!

QuoteQ. Do you plan on keeping the Japanese intro, or do you want to bring the American one back?

A. You?ll see the American intro again, after a while!

Guess they won't be replacing it for the reruns. Darn.

gunswordfist

When will Black Lagoon air?

Daikun

Quote from: gunswordfist on February 23, 2014, 05:06:36 PMWhen will Black Lagoon air?

Presumably, March 22 to replace Soul Eater.

However, there's a bit of a problem with that: Daylight Savings begins on March 9, which would skip over SE's time slot for that week. We'll have to see what happens.

LumRanmaYasha

Yeah...we now know what the lineup is looking like on DST. Like I expected, the 3am hour is getting cut instead of the 2am hour. What I didn't expect is that Toonami's losing a show. A big one at that...

INUYASHA IS LEAVING, SYMBIONIC IT RETURNING, DST LINE UP!
Sorry for the short notice, but we?re losing the rights to Inuyasha after this weekend, so starting Saturday 3/8 we?re replacing it with Symbionic Titan at 5:30a. Also Daylight Saving Time is 3/8, so we?re losing one hour JUST FOR THAT NIGHT. Soul Eater will not be affected, so Black Lagoon is still set to premiere on 3/22. GITS and FMAB will return as regularly scheduled on 3/15.
March 8th Line up will be -
Space Dandy
Bleach
Shippuden
One Piece
Blue Exorcist
Soul Eater
Uncut Naruto
Samurai Jack
IGPX
SWCW
Symbionic-Titan

...[adult swim] is actually losing the rights to InuYasha. Well, I'll be damned. Unlike Bebop, I don't really expect it to come back. It had a good 12.5 year run, and even though it still manages ridiculously good ratings it needs retirement. Plus, I don't like the show, so....y'know, I'm not exactly mad, though it IS kinda sad that it won't even get to finish it's current run before it's gone. Well, hopefully it goes out on a decent ep...

"Don't Boil it! The Terrifying Dried-Up Demon!"

...okay now THAT's just sad.  :lol:

I have the striking suspicion that the Toonami crew just realized InuYasha was expiring. I mean...

1) They've said before that they didn't want to burn through the show...which wouldn't make sense if they knew they wouldn't have it for long.
2) They would've announced this before the Q&A like previous timely schedule changes and
3) It makes no sense to make a lineup promo with InuYasha in it if it's going to be gone in two weeks. It would've have made way more sense to just ditch it early and have added in Sym-Bionic Titan in last week alongside Blue Exorcist. With all these schedule changes they are creating unnecessary work and hassle for themselves.

In any case, seeing Titan back on the lineup reminds me that Toonami now has one less rerun option to use. Big O season 2 and FLCL are the only shows they have that aren't airing now that they can still use to add in to the lineup, and those shows can only be used limitedly before they wear out their welcome. I'd like them to at least add in Secret Saturdays and Generator Rex to the rotations. Those should be free and they'd freshen things up, and it's always good to have more good american animation on the block. I would rather have DC animated shows, though, but I'm pretty sure CN doesn't have the rights to most of those anymore and [adult swim] probably won't spend money getting them back for Toonami.

The one DC show that CN DOES still have that Toonami could air would be Beware the Batman. It probably has a two-year contract so it shouldn't expire until next July, so there's still ample time to add it on. CN clearly does not want to air it, so they might as well allow Toonami to have it. I would really be happy with that.

gunswordfist

A small part of me wanted to check out Inuyasha again but I'm glad Titan is back. I'd actually watch that. I wonder if Netflix has it.