Toonami

Started by Rynnec, May 21, 2012, 02:35:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on April 01, 2016, 10:02:08 PM
By the time Toonami finishes airing it, Togashi will have written five whole chapters.
And every member of the Phantom Troupe will have been dismembered by the next hiatus.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Lord Dalek

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 01, 2016, 10:03:03 PM
Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on April 01, 2016, 10:02:08 PM
By the time Toonami finishes airing it, Togashi will have written five whole chapters.
And every member of the Phantom Troupe will have been dismembered by the next hiatus.
But that would require Togashi to remember Chrollo exists.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on April 01, 2016, 10:02:08 PMBy the time Toonami finishes airing it, Togashi will have written five whole chapters.

You must have a lot of faith in Togashi if you think that we'll get that many chapters in such a "short" span of time.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Lord Dalek on April 01, 2016, 07:22:55 PM^Hey you try watching it one episode a week and tell me its not boring as hell.

If Toonami fans could put up with Bleach for hundreds of episodes (and that's AFTER the Soul Society arc, at that), I don't anticipate Hunter X Hunter being too much trouble to keep them interested. We're talking about people with pretty lofty standards to begin with. Early HXH is at least as engaging as early Naruto for that crowd.

Avaitor

This is, this is awesome. I am skeptical about Toonami picking up another long-running series, but at least HXH has an end date, and can bow out relatively quicker than Naruto and One Piece can. Also, it's good.

But this reminds me, I really need to finish Parasyte. I paused at episode 10, and just haven't got around to the rest of it. I keep on hearing that this is a big mistake, though.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

VLordGTZ

At the very least, watching HxH week to week won't be an absolute slog like it is for One Piece and Naruto Shippuden.  I'm not too concerned about how it'll do especially considering that it's a dub premiere (unlike OP and Shippuden) and the fact that there still seems to be a large amount of YYH fans in the Toonami fanbase.

Peanutbutter

Quote from: Daikun on April 01, 2016, 05:37:46 PM
Announced just now on Pre-Flight...

Hunter x Hunter replaces Parasyte!

This is not an April Fools joke.

When does it start?

Avaitor

Quote from: Peanutbutter on April 04, 2016, 11:19:43 PM

When does it start?
April 16!
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Peanutbutter

Quote from: Avaitor on April 04, 2016, 11:26:49 PM
Quote from: Peanutbutter on April 04, 2016, 11:19:43 PM

Cool, will keep an eye out for it. Because of church, I haven't been keeping up with Toonami the last couple of years sadly. But I can use our DVR we finally got recently to record whatever good stuff it gets!

When does it start?
April 16!

Nice!

Daikun

Dr. Insomniac

Pfft, "millennial audiences".

Avaitor

Nice! I've really wanted to catch Iron-Blooded Orphans.

New blog!

Daikun

Toonami's Gundam: IBO trailer

Wow. It's very reminiscent of their Gundam Wing trailer back in the day. They even use the same music and similar narration!

Avaitor

Gah, that is great!

Wow, this is airing sooner than I expected. I hope that I don't close next Saturday, so I can catch the premiere.

What's on at 12:30, DBZ Kai? Because it would be weird for me to have a half hour gap of nothing on the block.

New blog!