Toonami

Started by Rynnec, May 21, 2012, 02:35:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daxdiv

Thanks fam. I'm actually more curious as to how that Alt-Right show got greenlit in the first place after reading all of that stuff than Lazzo's comments on women. Then again, I don't really watch much of Adult Swim's live-action programming to have much of a knowledge of what goes on in there. Still, that stuff he said can land another man in hot water.

Dreamer2

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on December 08, 2016, 02:10:13 AM
Once again, what were you expecting? DeMarco's a sycophant who has little idea how to make a programming block flourish. Adult Swim itself is a block with no idea how to handle its lineup (such as the recent controversy over airing an alt-right show that even several AS producers boycotted). Toonami having HxH and Jojo's should be a miracle, all things considered. Acting like licensing Super should be considered an out-of-the-ordinary bad decision compared to Toonami's actions throughout the years is ludicrous. And like VLord said, isn't this what people wanted? Would they have preferred Super to air on Disney XD instead?

This is Adult Swim. You're not getting your Blood Blockade Battlefront, your Re:Zero, your Erased, or anything. You're getting this.

So, what are all these bad decisions Toonami has made? Just curious. Plus, it's not like any of those shows you mentioned would get better ratings than anything DBZ related. Toonami is smart for picking up anything DBZ, IMO. A lot of negativity towards Toonami in this thread. I wouldn't really be into anime, if I hadn't started watching Toonami back in 2012.

Also, Jojo has been one of the most disappointing shows I've watched in a long time, especially after seeing so much hype for how great it is. I know it's suppose to get better, but if I wasn't watching it on Toonami, than I would've given up on it a long time ago.

Gundam: IBO on the other hand has been surprisingly good. I didn't think I'd enjoy it all that much, but I've liked pretty much all of it. So, I'm happy Toonami aired it. I don't think I'll care for Unicorn much, because I have no prior knowledge of anything related to it.

Foggle

I have no real opinion on modern Toonami, but I don't think I could ever bring myself to truly dislike it ever since I found out they helped fund Space Dandy. :worship: Still waiting for the film and 3rd OST. I want to believe...

Also, I watched some of that alt-right show, and the politics weren't immediately obvious (at least in the sketches I saw). Not that I'm defending it - it was basically your standard live action [as] fodder, only made by weird racist YouTubers instead of hipster anti-humor comedians. I hear they slipped subliminal swastikas into it or something, though, which is unsurprising considering the showrunner.

Avaitor

Seriously though, when are we getting Samurai Jack?
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dreamer2

Quote from: Avaitor on December 09, 2016, 02:20:20 AM

That's a good question. Nothing really finishes all that soon. Depending on what they do with Jojo, I'm pretty sure the show that would finish next would be Unicorn and that hasn't even started yet. Not including One Punch Man, but I think they want to keep a rerun slot on the block anyway. Although once that finishes, I'm not really sure what rerun they'd want to put there next.

VLordGTZ

Quote from: Dreamer2 on December 09, 2016, 08:08:28 AM
Quote from: Avaitor on December 09, 2016, 02:20:20 AM

That's a good question. Nothing really finishes all that soon. Depending on what they do with Jojo, I'm pretty sure the show that would finish next would be Unicorn and that hasn't even started yet. Not including One Punch Man, but I think they want to keep a rerun slot on the block anyway. Although once that finishes, I'm not really sure what rerun they'd want to put there next.

I think they it's more likely that they will expand to 11pm for Samurai Jack.  I doubt they'll want to hold off on airing it once it's ready.  In terms of when it will air, my guess is that they are planning it for March since that will coincide with the 20th anniversary of Toonami and Mamoru Oshii's micro-series.  One of the staff members for Jack also accidentally said on their Facebook that the show is being planned for March a few months ago, though those plans could have changed.

Avaitor

Okay, so we're getting two new Jojo's this week; the end of Phantom Blood and the start of Battle Tendency, most likely to make up space for the recently wrapped-up Iron-Blooded Orphans. Then the following week will have a JJBA marathon.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Avaitor

GITS: SAC will replace One Punch Man's 3 am slot come February 4th.

New blog!

VLordGTZ

Personally, I was hoping for a new show, but airing GitS: SAC around that time coincides pretty well with the release of the live action film. 

Avaitor

New blog!

Dr. Insomniac

I want to believe that Jack's real name has always been Fu Lishsamurai.

Daikun

BREAKING NEWS! Toonami announced on their latest Pre-Flight that Samurai Jack will air at 11PM, effectively expanding Toonami by yet another half-hour!

Peanutbutter

Ooooh, nice!!!

Toonami should be much earlier anyway. Not one good reason the entire Saturday lineup can't be Toonami like their anime action block was.

gunswordfist

The main stream that I mod for on Twitch is being hosted by adultswim's account right now. This is one of the better moments I had on the site.  ;D
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody