Toonami

Started by Rynnec, May 21, 2012, 02:35:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I don't really care about Attack on Titan season two, but I'm still holding out hope that we get a MP100 or MHA announcement at some point this year.

As for JoJo's, I wouldn't be too surprised if they took a break after Battle Tendency and ended up airing Stardust Crusaders several months to a year or so after it ends. It could be something that they would save for after some of their other shows have run their course, or if other new shows that they try perform more poorly than JoJo's did (which all things considered did relatively OK compared to a lot of other shows on the block that were still allowed to air for quite a while).

Avaitor

So I am bummed about the lack of Jack. This was going to be my first time that I was able to catch it live since the premiere, but now I can't.

Ah well, I might hop back on for Jojo/HXH/Gundam.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Insomniac

That was a good episode of Rick and Morty, but if Adult Swim wanted to make people get sick of the show, they found a superb way to do it.

Lord Dalek

Season 2 is only 12 episodes long anyway so don't expect that timeslot to be gone forever.

Dreamer2

Sweet. I hadn't really realised it was that short. I like those short shows. Of course I'd have been cool with it being like 25 or 26 as well.

Avaitor

Oh wait, Tokyo Ghoul took the 1 am slot, right? I might do the next episode, I guess. I wasn't that interested, but why not?

Or maybe I'll go back to Buffy. We'll see.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Avaitor

According to Jason, SC might still make it after all.

Also, I forgot that Tokyo Ghoul was a part of the poll he posted on Twitter a while ago. Mob Psycho 100 won with more votes than the other 2 series combined, so I'd like to think that it's on their agenda. And I'd also still like to get Lupin Part 4, as well. MHA, U&T, and BBB would each also be nice, of course.

New blog!

Lord Dalek

Its not clear exactly how far they've dubbed into Stardust Crusaders. All we've seen is the three episodes released three years ago and a clip of the end of episode 5.

Spark Of Spirit

I would assume they have the first 24 episodes done by now at the very least. If they have to wait they could just put that part out.

AoT season 2 will probably be a big deal. It's premiere with MHA more or less killed Crunchyroll yesterday. No wonder the fanbase was so angry about only get 12 eps!
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

I thought I read somewhere that the first 24 episodes are done. There will be a few more empty slots in the next couple of months, with Unicorn at halfway, and Jack and AOT having a short run, so there might be room for SC soon. But probably not at 12:30.

But right now, I am curious about whether or not IBO season 2 is ready.

New blog!

VLordGTZ

Quote from: Avaitor on April 02, 2017, 08:55:15 PM
I thought I read somewhere that the first 24 episodes are done. There will be a few more empty slots in the next couple of months, with Unicorn at halfway, and Jack and AOT having a short run, so there might be room for SC soon. But probably not at 12:30.

But right now, I am curious about whether or not IBO season 2 is ready.

I haven't been able to find the 24 episode claim anywhere besides second-hand, but based on this tweet by Richard Epcar, it sounds like they've at least dubbed the first 20 episodes.

I wouldn't be surprised if SC comes after AoT Season 2 is done, though they'll likely push it from the 12:30 time-slot.  In terms of IBO Season 2's dub, the dub started production all the way back in December.  Assuming that Toonami plans to premiere it when Unicorn ends, it should be more than ready.

Dreamer2

I hope they air IBO season 2. I don't really remember how the ratings were, but with Unicorn not looking too good last I checked, I'm legitimately curious if they might move on from anything Gundam.

I'm also curious about Blue Exorcist. If that did well for them back in the day, than they'll probably want to continue that as well.

Lots of new seasons and continuations of shows Toonami has already aired.

Avaitor

IBO did okay from what I recall. Gundam's always been a crapshoot here after Wing, but I think there would be enough interest to air the second season.

If they were to try anything after that... maybe the Build series? Those aren't for everyone, but I can't think of what else they could get away with. Unless they wait for the Origin OVAs.

New blog!

LumRanmaYasha

Attack on Titan season 2 will be premiering on April 22nd at 12:30, one week earlier than previously announced. JoJo's will be doubled up on the 15th to facilitate this.
4/15 Line Up
11:00p – Samurai Jack
11:30p - Dragon Ball Super
12:00a – Sand Whale and Me Finale!
12:05a - Dragon Ball Kai
12:30a – JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
01:00a – JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
01:30a – Hunter x Hunter
02:00a – Gundam Unicorn
02:30a – Naruto Shippuden
03:00a – GITS: SAC

4/22 Line Up
11:00p – Samurai Jack
11:30p - Dragon Ball Super
12:00a - Dragon Ball Kai
12:30a – Attack on Titan Season 2 Premiere!
01:00a – Tokyo Ghoul
01:30a – Hunter x Hunter
02:00a – Gundam Unicorn
02:30a – Naruto Shippuden
03:00a – GITS: SAC

VLordGTZ

Quote from: Avaitor on April 03, 2017, 02:26:13 PM
IBO did okay from what I recall. Gundam's always been a crapshoot here after Wing, but I think there would be enough interest to air the second season.

If they were to try anything after that... maybe the Build series? Those aren't for everyone, but I can't think of what else they could get away with. Unless they wait for the Origin OVAs.
I'd say that it's very likely that IBO Season 2 will come to the block.  In terms of future series, as much as I love Build Fighters + Try, the Asian-produced english dub (which is on the US home video release) is almost unwatchable and I doubt Sunrise would be willing to re-dub it.  Origin would be a good choice, but Sunrise probably won't make a TV-cut for it until it finishes in 2018.  In any case, new Gundam series come out on a yearly basis, so there will always be new Gundam for Toonami to pick up if they wish to do so.