Toonami

Started by Rynnec, May 21, 2012, 02:35:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

Quote from: Rynnec on May 21, 2012, 09:01:44 PM
I guess I can understand that. PPG always felt like a placeholder when it was on the old Midnight Run, it was basically filler for that timeslot until Ronin Warriors came along.

As far as CN originals on [as] Toonami goes, how would you guys feel about Sym-bionic Titan airing there? I've seen that one suggested a lot at the ASMB, and I think it would be a good fit considering how older it skewed.
:swoon:
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Avaitor

Are you talking about Tartakovsky's Clone Wars? Cause Rynnec meant the CGI one.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

gunswordfist

Quote from: Rynnec on May 22, 2012, 02:48:38 PM
Anyone know the status of the 2003 Astro Boy? That'd fit on [as] Toonami since Mike Lazzo is a big Astro Boy fan and all.
Speaking of 2000-something versions of shows, I want to see the new(er) He-Man on the block. I don't give a fuck what the old school fanboys say, that show was great. I know EK is with me on this one.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I've seen a fair portion of the 80's cartoon. I never grew up with that, so I can safely say that anyone who thinks highly of that show really values it purely out of nostalgia, because its a pretty lame cartoon when you get down to it, which can occasionally be unintentionally hilarious.

I did like the 2000's show when it originally aired, but admittedly I haven't seen it since it stopped airing on Toonami so I can't accurately judge it now. But, honestly, I found it pretty entertaining. The characters actually seemed competent and the writing and voice-acting wasn't god-awfully bad like with the 80's cartoon. It was still unintentionally hilarious at times, though, because lets just face it....He-Man is a downright ridiculous-looking character.

Avaitor

Let's be honest, this is the best thing regarding He-Man ever.

Edit: goddammit, I suck at posting links on here.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Avaitor

I was skimming through my recording of Deadman, since after reading about it here, it doesn't seem like a show I'd like to watch at all, and then I found that for some reason, the recording lasted for an hour, so I also got Casshern.

I'm watching it now and I'm liking it enough, but the dub is pretty lame. And I HATE the little girl. I mean like, no one that young acts like this.

New blog!

gunswordfist

12:00 Cowboy Bebop
12:30 Trigun
1:00 Yu yu Hakusho
1:30 Reboot
2:00 Megas XLR
2:30 Sym-Bionic Titan

That wouldd be the block I choose. So many other shows I wanted to pick. The whole point was to make it half cartoon, half anime with Bebop being the opener to grab everyone's attention. Reboot being the first cartoon because people would likely want to see it the most out of the choices because "Oh shit, it's Reboot!" Funny enough, out of all the shows, Reboot is the one I wouldn't dare change with other shows I want to see because...Oh shit, it's Reboot! Need to see all those damn episodes I missed including many in the first season. CG dreads FTW. The alternates would be Samurai Champloo (just switched it on the lineup for YYH due to thinking a good battle shonen like that could use the spot.) S-CRY-Ed, Big O, either Fullmetal series sincethey are the best anime ever, new(er) He-Man, the war and the games Zoids, Rurouni Kenshin, Outlaw Star, Speed Racer (doubt they have the rights anymore)and uncut Gatchman (is the guy that created Speed Racer and Gathaman also the creator of Casshern? I forget)

EDIT: Fuck! Forgot to mention Case Closed and Lupin. When they had their one hour block at the end of Adult Swims and I believe Fullmetal Alchemist and Big O, it was my favorite AS ever. I wish they would make Toonami be for the whole night and have it on Friday, Saturday and maybe Sunday night with whatever new shows they have show a new episode each night.

Avaitor

Oh, funny thing, while going to one of the thrift stores yesterday, I found a shitload of old Sailor Moon VHS tapes. I wanted to buy a couple of them for nostalgia's sake, but I didn't feel like spending 50 cents per tape for the crappy Dic dub, even though there were some of the later series on cassette there alongside the original series.

I remember having a copy of the first 4 episodes on VHS, with a white cassette. I don't have that anymore, but it sure brings me back.

New blog!

Rosalinas Spare Wand

Someone tell Manga4Life to stop retweeting Soundmonky's brain droppings.

Kiddington

That's exactly how I feel whenever someone retweets Paschal and his weeaboo noise.

Rynnec

Avaitor

Ah, that takes me back. Feels totally vintage.

New blog!

Kiddington

Avaitor

Have you guys taken this survey yet?

DeMarco has actually retweeted it, which proves that they're listening.

New blog!