Toonami

Started by Rynnec, May 21, 2012, 02:35:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rynnec

Results of said survey.

God dammit, if Panty & Stocking ends up airing on Toonami beccause of this...

Foggle

"Cowboy Bepop"

Really, AS? REALLY?

Rynnec

Rosalinas Spare Wand

Quote from: Rynnec on June 15, 2012, 04:06:04 PM
Results of said survey.

God dammit, if Panty & Stocking ends up airing on Toonami beccause of this...

Well apparently Deadman Wonderland is their biggest hit so far so its only a slight step up from there.

Foggle

Rynnec

Commode

Why the fuck did some one in the comments say they wanted Phineas and Ferb on Toonami?  Fucking dumbasses.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Avaitor

Quote from: Comeau on June 15, 2012, 05:20:31 PM
Why the fuck did some one in the comments say they wanted Phineas and Ferb on Toonami?  Fucking dumbasses.
I think they were trolling.

But if this guy added in troll stuff, then why didn't they add in my comments?
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Rynnec

Quote from: Brak's Dad on June 15, 2012, 05:33:39 PM
Quote from: Comeau on June 15, 2012, 05:20:31 PM
I think they were trolling.

But if this guy added in troll stuff, then why didn't they add in my comments?

They didn't seem to add my comment either. What did you put in your comments?

Avaitor

I jusat said that I wanted "YYH, other Gundam shows and the DCAU" in the older shows page, and that I want "none of these" in the other series page.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

gunswordfist

Why the hell are they using a survey when they can get the exact results from ratings? They should be doing a "What do you want to see?" poll instead.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Rynnec

Quote from: gunswordfist on June 15, 2012, 06:24:49 PM
Why the hell are they using a survey when they can get the exact results from ratings? They should be doing a "What do you want to see?" poll instead.

Well, this survey is sort of like that.

Lord Dalek

For the record, I kept my picks realistic. Stuff like Last Exile and FMP that AS could get from Funi for a bargain.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

It would be great if Toonami/AS could get the rights to air FMP. Also, as far as shonen series, if FUNimation ever gets the license to the HXH reboot then Toonami would be the perfect place to air that. In fact I'm surprised that FUNi hasn't already licensed that series, but then again maybe their funds are running low because they were too focused on spending them on useless fanservice anime that nobody is interested in. Its a shame for a company like FUNi to have done something like that when they had such a talented pool of VAs at their disposal (being that they have virtually no competition among North American and Canadian anime distributors anymore).

Anyways, as for Toonami, it'd be nice if they could get One Piece as well. I've all but been warn out on that series, myself, but it still deserves to have its syndicated broadcast, so it'd be great if they could pick that up, especially since its the best way to give that series some more exposure.

There are also a number of good shorter anime series under FUNi's license that they would be willing to let Toonami air for Bargain prices, especially since it would be like advertisements that FUNi actually actively gets paid for.

As for old shows, basically Yu Yu Hakusho would be ideal, and once again FUNi would be willing to let Toonami air it for cheap, I'm sure.

Now, if Toonami can get any of the classic DCAU shows on their, that'd be the most ideal thing I can think of. They have nothing but anime so far, and throwing in some classic american cartoons into the mix would be a huge step closer to giving the block some more diversity and also making it feel a lot more like old-school Toonami, and isn't it the nostalgia factor that have people interested in this current Toonami, anyways?

Rynnec

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on June 19, 2012, 10:44:18 PM
It would be great if Toonami/AS could get the rights to air FMP. Also, as far as shonen series, if FUNimation ever gets the license to the HXH reboot then Toonami would be the perfect place to air that. In fact I'm surprised that FUNi hasn't already licensed that series, but then again maybe their funds are running low because they were too focused on spending them on useless fanservice anime that nobody is interested in. Its a shame for a company like FUNi to have done something like that when they had such a talented pool of VAs at their disposal (being that they have virtually no competition among North American and Canadian anime distributors anymore).

Actually, stuff like Sekirei actually seems to sell pretty decently, for god knows what reason. You can get Sekirei's content for free on the internet.

QuoteAnyways, as for Toonami, it'd be nice if they could get One Piece as well. I've all but been warn out on that series, myself, but it still deserves to have its syndicated broadcast, so it'd be great if they could pick that up, especially since its the best way to give that series some more exposure.

Eh, I think Toonami should only get 200+ episode anime like One Piece only if they expand to weeknights. Stuff with a little over 100 episodes like YYH and D Grayman are okay though.

QuoteThere are also a number of good shorter anime series under FUNi's license that they would be willing to let Toonami air for Bargain prices, especially since it would be like advertisements that FUNi actually actively gets paid for.

Completely agree on this, they have:

Darker Than Black
Devil May Cry
Noir
Soul Eater (okay, that one is 50 episodes, but still)
Murder Princess
the second Negima anime
Sgt. Frog

And probably a whole lot of other stuff I'm missing. All of them great shows, and all of them deserve to air on Toonami at some point, especially over Panty and Stocking.

QuoteAs for old shows, basically Yu Yu Hakusho would be ideal, and once again FUNi would be willing to let Toonami air it for cheap, I'm sure.

Samurai Champloo and Trigun would be ideal too (granted, SC never aired on Toonami, but it would make a good compliment/replacement for Bebop).

QuoteNow, if Toonami can get any of the classic DCAU shows on their, that'd be the most ideal thing I can think of. They have nothing but anime so far, and throwing in some classic american cartoons into the mix would be a huge step closer to giving the block some more diversity and also making it feel a lot more like old-school Toonami, and isn't it the nostalgia factor that have people interested in this current Toonami, anyways?
[/quote]

Eh, I wouldn't want any of the DCAU show's to air on Toonami over new content. Their all good show's, but I'd rather Toonami air the new DTV movies, or the Spawn cartoon, they can even air encores of Black Dynamite. I wouldn't mind them airing Mask of the Phantasm though, simply because that movie is a classic, it could air on AS without anyone batting an eyelid.