Toonami

Started by Rynnec, May 21, 2012, 02:35:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

Quote from: Daxdiv on October 12, 2012, 09:28:06 PM
No Zatch Bell made me sad.
That wasn't too far off, actually. It had like 18 votes I think.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Heh, I completely forgot that Zatch Bell was even on Toonami. I only ever saw one episode of it, and I thought it was OK, but I obviously haven't seen enough to really be able to say what I think about the show. I do remember that I had a biased and unfair disdain for the show, if only because it completely replaced Yu Yu Hakusho. And I don't just mean that it bumped YYH out of its time-slot, but it was basically put in YYH's place and YYH was removed from Toonami completely. Of course that's not the show's fault, but it just kind of got to me since 9:30 PM on Saturday Nights was synonymous with new episodes of YYH for me, and when Zatch Bell came on and replaced YYH, it cut YYH off at the point where it was nearing the fucking climax of its Chapter Black arc; and you guys have no idea how much that enraged me back as a kid who was eagerly awaiting the next weekly episode of YYH only to be shocked by a completely new show in its place and my favorite show nowhere to be seen.

Needless to say, I've long since gotten over it, but I think I'll somehow always associate Zatch Bell with being "that show that replaced my favorite show on Toonami." :P

Rynnec

Don't worry, I had a similar irrational disdain for Cyborg 009 when it replaced YYH (at least if I'm remembering correctly). XD

gunswordfist

Damn, really? I didn't even know that.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Lord Dalek

Quote from: Rynnec on September 29, 2012, 06:40:13 PM
According to this tweet, Aniplex USA is taking suggestions on what shows they should pitch to Toonami on Facebook.
Ooooh oooh ooooh...
Spoiler
Dog Days. =P
[close]

Rosalinas Spare Wand

They won't be able to afford any of Aniplex's licenses if their DVD set prices are anything to go by.

Avaitor

Rewatching SBT, I think one of my biggest problems with the show is the General. He obviously comes from the J.J. Jameson/Thunderbolt Ross camp of blaming the hero for everything, including their own misgivings, and while he is right that Titan is a big deal sometimes, he just isn't that appealing of a character. He doesn't have the same kind of unaware self-depreciation humor that made Jameson tolerable, or the paternal conflict that made Ross somewhat sympathetic.

He's done completely straight with no reason to exist other than have someone else to boo at, and from what I recall, he doesn't become any more bearable. Does anyone else have a problem with the character, or is it just me?
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

gunswordfist

He's just that 'Hey the voice of Bender/Wakka/Marcus Fenix is in the show!" guy for me.

He is there to remind viewers that the trio are in fact somewhat responsible for every single monster attack the planet has because them just being there is why the monsters come in the first place but of course he can't be taken seriously at all.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Avaitor

Okay, so the new anime airing next week is Tenchi Muyo! GXP, and Inuyasha is back in the 5 am slot.

Meh to both.

New blog!

Rynnec

Quote from: Avaitor on November 03, 2012, 10:59:55 PM
Okay, so the new anime airing next week is Tenchi Muyo! GXP, and Inuyasha is back in the 5 am slot.

Meh to both.

Wha? I know about the Inuyasha thing, but when was GXP confirmed?

Avaitor

Quote from: Rynnec on November 03, 2012, 11:02:14 PM

Meh to both.

Only recently. Like, a couple of hours ago.

New blog!

Rynnec

Quote from: Avaitor on November 03, 2012, 11:14:14 PM
Quote from: Rynnec on November 03, 2012, 11:02:14 PM

Meh to both.

Only recently. Like, a couple of hours ago.

Just saw the promo. Meh. Better choice than something like Mirai Nikki, but that's really not saying much. I'm just wondering what will happen to Brotherhood's slot once it finishes.

Rynnec

Avaitor

Jeff Harris posted that on his tumblr. I got a kick out of it.

New blog!

Dr. Insomniac

Well, with this as news, I can now finally say that I no longer have any attachment to Toonami. This whole "it'll get better if you help" schtick was fun to say. But when this is the product, I'm done. If I want to support the anime industry, I'll watch legal simulcasts and buy FUNi DVDs, not watch shows I don't like with empty promises being constantly thrown at my face.