Toonami

Started by Rynnec, May 21, 2012, 02:35:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rynnec

Honestly? As one of the people who's been enjoying the revival, and constantly watches Toonami every week, even I have to say "WTF?" at the announcement of GXP.

Foggle

Quote from: Rynnec on November 04, 2012, 01:35:13 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=8CNClh_bMek

O_O
Awesome.

At this point, they should just turn Toonami into its own 30 minute SF show and air it on [as]. The Adventures Of Steve Blum & Peter Cullen In Space would be like 5000000x better than the shit they're currently showing on the block.

Avaitor

Except they couldn't even get Cullen back.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Foggle

Quote from: Avaitor on November 04, 2012, 10:01:31 AM
They probably could if they sold all their shitty animu licenses.

Avaitor

Quote from: Foggle on November 04, 2012, 10:19:52 AM
Quote from: Avaitor on November 04, 2012, 10:01:31 AM
They probably could if they sold all their shitty animu licenses.
I dunno. I forget if they couldn't get him because of price issues or scheduling conflicts. And a lot of the anime they get are typically cheaper ones, since they can't afford much more. That's why Toonami has been airing Funi's leftovers and shows with little fanfare.

But yeah, getting GXP is a really lame call. I get that it's gotta be the cheapest Tenchi show of them all, but they could've at least got something else. No one likes it.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

LumRanmaYasha

Hello, new guy here. Just wanted to share some thoughts.

I've never seen GXP before; hopefully it isn't as bad as everyone says it is. After all, everyone seems to hate Samurai 7 but I've been really enjoying it so far. But GXP certaintly doesn't seem like a good choice for Toonami, and it betrays some of the trust a lot of fans have had with it. Hopefully we'll get somehting better in the lineup when Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood finishes it's run. At the very least, they could bring back Durarara.

I'll still enjoy Toonami because I actually enjoy nearly all of the shows on an objective level (the exception is Bleach, which I enjoy mostly because it fun to chastise it's inept storytelling and characters), but if GXP is actually legitimately bad then I'm going to very dissapointed.

I still see value in Toonami as an experience and enjoy it as such, but it really does need to make better and smarter acquisition choices than it has been, although, from my understanding, the ratings most of the shows have been getting are acceptable in [adult swim]'s eyes, so perhaps their strategy is just to keep the block alive until the budget is augmented and they can afford the pricier shows people have been asking for.

Until then, at least I'll have Samurai 7, Symbionic Titan, Thundercats, Inuyasha, and the consistenly awesome promos and video game reviews to keep looking  foward to...

Daxdiv

I always viewed GXP as being mediocre at best. Even when I first watched it when it first came out, it just screamed mediocrity to me. In fact, this was the series I wanted DLA or Foggle to do as a thank you for donating enough money that time we needed to move servers. I just didn't know who I wanted to put this burden on.

Avaitor

I never actually saw it, so if you really want one of us to tackle it, I'll watch its run on Toonami.

I think it'd be better for me to, since I'm a bit of a Tenchi fan, while Foggle isn't.

New blog!

Daxdiv

Sure DLA, it's all yours. Thank you very much.

Foggle

Thanks Avaitor. I still need to watch Index so that Insommy will make his donation. :lol:

Spark Of Spirit

Did GXP not kill the Tenchi franchise?

I mean it already had problems with never actually finishing a continuity it started, but that was not what fans wanted from a Tenchi show.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Daxdiv

I could have sworn there were some OVAs released, but I'm not sure if it came out before or after GXP.

Kiddington

They might as well just bring DBZ back at this point and call it a day. /srs

...no, but really, what a couple of lame ducks they've pulled up here. Forget GXP; do people seriously still like Inuyasha?

Daxdiv

From what I saw on my Twitter feed.... No, people didn't like Inuyasha. I''m just glad it got put back in that 5:00 AM slot it sat on for quite a while.

Avaitor

The speculation around the fanbase is that they brought Inuyasha back to pump fans up for The Final Act.

Which probably isn't gonna happen.

New blog!