Toonami

Started by Rynnec, May 21, 2012, 02:35:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on November 06, 2012, 08:02:57 PM
Why did Tatsunoko even remake Casshern anyway? I don't remember a single hint of clamoring for that to return before Sins was airing in Japan. I thought people would be getting them to remake Gatchaman or something instead.
My guess was to refresh audiences on Casshern when Tatsunoko vs. Capcom came out.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Avaitor on November 06, 2012, 08:10:24 PM
Why did Tatsunoko even remake Casshern anyway? I don't remember a single hint of clamoring for that to return before Sins was airing in Japan. I thought people would be getting them to remake Gatchaman or something instead.
My guess was to refresh audiences on Casshern when Tatsunoko vs. Capcom came out.
Then why couldn't they make a Gold Lightan anime to do that as well?

Rynnec

CS didn't blow people away, but it didn't exactly bomb either, it at least got above 5k semi-regularly. I'm sure Sketch could give a more accurate assessment of it than I could.

I guess it was an attempt to boost the popularity of the Casshern franchise or something.

Avaitor

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on November 06, 2012, 08:11:11 PM
Go ask them.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on November 06, 2012, 08:11:11 PM
Casshern was hugely popular in TvC and also was one of the best characters in the game, while Gold Lightan was bottom tier and the least used character.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Insomniac

See, Gold Lightan needs some love. Just because he's a hard to play character that came from a long-dead franchise doesn't mean that people don't care (okay, it does).

Foggle

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

There've been a lot of old series to suddenly get new seasons or reboots or whatnot without any indication that they were popular enough to warrant more anime material. Yet with all of that going on, it has never occurred to the boneheads at KyoAni to continue the FMP anime and adapt the 2nd half of the story-line from the novels. I mean, I know for a fact that at least has a dedicated fan-base in Japan, even if its not necessarily close to one of the biggest out there. I mean, I've seen stuff that I swear is less popular than FMP (and I do at least try to research to see if certain series are actually popular in Japan) get multiple new seasons of anime, yet something good that has actual good material left to adapt gets constantly snubbed every year as a plethora of less appealing and more niche anime come out. I just find that kind of perplexing. At any rate, I didn't mean to go off topic, but I figured that I'd mention that while on the subject of why certain series get new anime despite clearly not being that popular or in demand.

To relate it back to the topic, it'd be awesome if this AS-Toonami could get FMP to air on the block. I believe that since ADV went under, FUNi gained the complete rights to the series (I could be dead wrong on this, but I could swear that I read that somewhere), and in that case I'm sure FUNi would be willing to let Toonami air a show like that for an affordable price (at least the first season or Fumoffu, if they have the rights to those now). While I'd prefer the far superior TSR to be aired on Toonami, I don't necessarily think that they could really do that unless they aired at least the first season before it. Either way, though, I'm surprised that so few people have suggested that show for the block. It'd honestly be a perfect fit, IMO.

Also, even though its been said a bunch of times on this thread and elsewhere already, including by me (because it can't be said enough times), this AS-Toonami needs to get Black Lagoon. Its the most sensible choice for an adult-oriented action series to air on the block, it has a healthy fan-base who'd support its ratings at least as well as any other show currently airing on Toonami, it has a kick-ass quality dub that would fit right in line with the type of people who watch this block anyways, its only a few years old so it won't draw most of those whiny ass-holes who "can't watch old shit" away, and I seriously doubt that FUNi would charge Toonami some un-affordable price to get the rights to air it, but once again, maybe I'm dead wrong.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Foggle on November 06, 2012, 08:23:50 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on November 06, 2012, 08:18:02 PM
Gold Lightan was bottom tier and the least used character.
Scrub detected.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqpvFO9QoS0
I always felt sorry when fighting him. Even the Lost Planet robot was a better fighter.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

I seriously love that video. :lol:

Rynnec

Those two shows + Darker Than Black and Bee Train's "Girls With Guns" Trilogy really should be on Toonami. Black Lagoon's not airing by now is especially perplexing since the FUNI re-release is going to come out soon, you'd think they'd promote that by getting it on TV or something, it worked for Deadman Wonderland.

gunswordfist

I'd kill for a Gatchaman remake.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Rynnec

Avaitor

Damn, those are badass.

New blog!

Daxdiv

This is now my favorite part of Tumblr, hands down.