Toonami

Started by Rynnec, May 21, 2012, 02:35:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rosalinas Spare Wand

The America Online keyword is what really drives the point home.

Avaitor

They changed the schedule up a little. The main change is that Samurai 7 is airing a little earlier, and Tenchi GXP is moving down to 3:30.

So yeah, it's official. No one likes this show.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Rynnec

With GXP's failure, it's unlikely Toonami will pick up any more haremshit anime.

I'd be completely fine with that.

Avaitor

What was on their faces last week?

Also, am I the only one who thinks that Seina looks a hell of a lot like Tenchi? That's probably going to be a big spiel of mine in my upcoming articles.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Rynnec

According to various tweets and forum posts, it was like that on the uncut DVD's. The "joke" being that whatever was put on their faces was too horrible to see.

Quote from: Avaitor on December 15, 2012, 08:17:02 PM
Also, am I the only one who thinks that Seina looks a hell of a lot like Tenchi? That's probably going to be a big spiel of mine in my upcoming articles.

A lot of people have noticed their similar appearances. It was most likely intentional.

Avaitor

Quote from: Rynnec on December 15, 2012, 08:21:23 PM
According to various tweets and forum posts, it was like that on the uncut DVD's. The "joke" being that whatever was put on their faces was too horrible to see.
Yeah, I know that. I couldn't get to the DVR in the past few days, so I ended up watching a rip from the DVD. It kinda looks like a vagina though.

Quote from: Rynnec on December 15, 2012, 08:21:23 PM
Quote from: Avaitor on December 15, 2012, 08:17:02 PM

A lot of people have noticed their similar appearances. It was most likely intentional.
I'm positive it was, but it's just so obnoxiously blatant. Especially since Seina is similar to Tenchi in a lot of ways personally, except considerably less likable.

New blog!

Daikun

Quote from: Avaitor on December 15, 2012, 08:17:02 PMAlso, am I the only one who thinks that Seina looks a hell of a lot like Tenchi?

What do you expect? It's Nabeshin; everything he touches turns to fanfic.

We don't have Tenchi. He's just a good friend of Tenchi who just happens to look like him. They're totally not the same character! We also have this character named Ryoko who's totally not Ryoko! We'll also have carbon copies of all the other characters from the official series.

Oh, and for good measure, I'm going to insert myself as the most powerful character in the cast and make the voice acting as obnoxious as possible!

:anger: Nabeshin pisses me off so much. I don't know why he's so popular in otaku circles.

Avaitor

The block seems to have been doing very well lately, especially Thundercats, which has gone over 1 million viewers in the past couple of weeks.

Looks like a very good sign.

New blog!

Nel_Annette

Well, it's a very pretty-looking show, I'll give it that. I liked the pilot but I never really caught the rest when it was initially on.

Avaitor

I never took the chance to catch any of it, so I don't have much to say on the show. From what I hear, it starts out fine, then quickly deteriorates by the end of its run.

New blog!

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

It starts out OK enough. Nothing mind-blowing but nothing great. But by half-way into its run it already devolves into what feels like a bad attempt and ripping off a generic shonen, and by the end of the season its just flat-out shit. Personally, I wouldn't recommend it. I've actually been contemplating writing a review on it in the future just so that I can say I did an honest, unbiased , negative review of something for once.

Spark Of Spirit

As someone who drifted out of it early on, I wouldn't mind reading that.  :)
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Daxdiv

I've been rewatching Thundercats on Toonami, just to see where my interest died off. I remember during the first hiatus, I stopped watching due to that.

Avaitor

So Jason DeMarco was asked to share his 5 all-time favorite Toonami promos on tumblr, and he went with these:

Watch and enjoy!

New blog!

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Those are all good promos. Toonami promos were fucking awesome at hyping you up for a show and making you want to watch it. Even shows that I didn't really care for had awesome promos, with 2 of them being on that list you posted (Samurai Jack and Gundam Wing). Even when I knew I didn't really like those shows, watching those promos sure as hell tempted me to try and watch them again, back in the day. Hell, even now I have to say that those promos make all of those shows look insanely bad-ass, whether I find the actual shows to be that way or not.

As for me, I would have the Batman: The Animated Series and Batman Beyond promos among my top 5 as well. I'd also have the Rurouni Kenshin promo, as something about it really appealed to me. I'm not sure what else would specifically qualify as one of my favorites, though. I mean, their all good, but there's only a few that stand out to me as the best of the best.