Toonami

Started by Rynnec, May 21, 2012, 02:35:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on March 10, 2013, 01:49:12 PM
Now, I presume that they will be using the FUNimation dub, since 4Kids hasn't owned the rights to One Piece for years, now.
Naw, it'll just be the 4Kids version again, since they already have the tapes. Convenience >>>>> quality. :happytime:

Avaitor

Well, now they have the big three. Honestly though, I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't do that well yet again. I just can't see the mainstream pick up on OP as much as its fanatics have.

But here's some bigger news:

TOM 5.0
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Kiddington

I'd be a lot happier if they got their hands on the new Sailor Moon.

Now that I would watch.

Lord Dalek

Quote from: Kiddington on March 10, 2013, 02:30:25 PM

Now that I would watch.
We don't know what exactly that's going to be yet.

LumRanmaYasha

Quote from: Avaitor on March 10, 2013, 02:28:05 PM
Well, now they have the big three. Honestly though, I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't do that well yet again. I just can't see the mainstream pick up on OP as much as its fanatics have.

It's not like One Piece did badly before, though. Cartoon Network was in it's get rid of anime phase back in 2008, and One Piece wasn't a Naruto size hit, so they dropped it just a little before they dropped that. One Piece managed to last on the block for almost three years before, even when Cartoon Network was getting rid of other anime at the drop of a hat, so it clearly did well, but just wasn't a commerical phenomenon like Naruto and Dragonball Z were.

LumRanmaYasha

Quote from: Foggle on March 10, 2013, 02:27:22 PM

Naw, it'll just be the 4Kids version again, since they already have the tapes. Convenience >>>>> quality. :happytime:

They bothered to get new Inuyasha tapes when they brought it back for Toonami. Besides, they know no one wants to watch the 4Kids version anyway. It's highly unlikely that they'd air the 4Kids version again.

Foggle

I was just joking. :sweat:

Kiddington

Quote from: Lord Dalek on March 10, 2013, 02:33:15 PM
Quote from: Kiddington on March 10, 2013, 02:30:25 PM

Now that I would watch.
We don't know what exactly that's going to be yet.

Yeah, I know... but when we do, I'm sure it would hold my interest better than the entirety of this lineup.

Avaitor

Quote from: Cartoon X on March 10, 2013, 02:36:22 PM
Quote from: Avaitor on March 10, 2013, 02:28:05 PM

It's not like One Piece did badly before, though. Cartoon Network was in it's get rid of anime phase back in 2008, and One Piece wasn't a Naruto size hit, so they dropped it just a little before they dropped that. One Piece managed to last on the block for almost three years before, even when Cartoon Network was getting rid of other anime at the drop of a hat, so it clearly did well, but just wasn't a commerical phenomenon like Naruto and Dragonball Z were.
I know that One Piece wasn't exactly a bomb when it was on Toonami, but I always took it to be similar to how Dragon Ball didn't do nearly as well as DBZ did, in that American audiences prefer more action-oriented series as opposed to adventure-based shows, which is why Naruto did much better than OP.

I still think that's the case among the mainstream viewers who make Bleach and Naruto the block's biggest hits, but it remains to be seen.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Foggle

BREAKING NEWS! New Hollywood dub of One Piece confirmed for Toonami:

Luffy - Johnny Depp
Nami - Christopher Walken
Zolo - Antonio Banderas
Usopp - Anthony Hopkins
Sanji - Robert Downey Jr.
Tony Tony Chopper - Betty White
Nico Robin - John Astin
Franky - Idris Elba
Brook - Steve Buscemi

Avaitor

I always saw Bobcat Goldthwait as Nami, personally.

ONE ANNOUNCEMENT TO RULE THEM ALL
?And in the darkness, BIND THEM.

Hey guys! Below is the basic list of stuff we announced at Momocon.

1. In April (date tbd), we will premiere TOM 5, a new Absolution, and a new look for Toonami, including a new logo. Some of that stuff isn?t ready yet, so keep checking this blog and we?ll put up new stuff as we finish it. And no, still no Sara or Clydes? yet.

2. In the next couple of months we will premiere an online comic that will tell the story of How TOM 3 became TOM 4, how TOM 4 became TOM 3.5, where Sara and the Clydes are, and how we got TOM 5 and the new Absolution. We?ll offer more details on that when we have them.

3. Toonami will air One Piece this year. We?re not sure yet it if will replace Tenchi GXP or come in later, and we?re not sure where we will start in the episode order. We?ll let you know more in the coming months.

4. Next week, on Toonami?s birthday, we will be showing Evangelion 1.11 You Are [Not] Alone. The following week our schedule will return to normal (sorry, Soul Eater/Eureka/Sym-Bionic fans!). Schedule is posted below, scroll down to see it.

5. We were not able to make a promo for the Eva movie for various reasons, but that?s okay, we promise! It?s just a birthday present, not part of a larger series of ?movie nights.? We?re still exploring that.

6. There will be a few other goodies airing on our birthday, so don?t miss it! And no? NO HINTS. You gotta watch! :)

7. We are still exploring short series to air, short series fans, so we?ll let you know if and when we have announcements in that area!

8. Video of the Toonami Momocon panel, as well as some interviews, were shot by the Toonami Faithful crew and will be up soon!

9. Thanks to Chad Bonin for inviting us to the panel, moderating and being a cool dude.

10. We love you!

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

LumRanmaYasha

Spark Of Spirit

Nobody was talking about it.

But I suppose that's expected.  :sweat:
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Rynnec