Toonami

Started by Rynnec, May 21, 2012, 02:35:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LumRanmaYasha

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on March 10, 2013, 05:08:42 PM
Nobody was talking about it.

But I suppose that's expected.  :sweat:

Why would anybody be talking about it? I don't hate the anime or anything, but it's old news and reruns for the block to use. Although I do wonder, with the acquisition of One Piece, if Toonami's budget is big enough to acquire Inuyasha: The Final Act, soon.

Daxdiv

Quote from: Avaitor on March 10, 2013, 02:28:05 PM
Well, now they have the big three.
TOM 5.0

They have the rights to Toriko now?

The Shadow Gentleman

Quote from: Rynnec on March 10, 2013, 05:22:42 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on March 10, 2013, 04:58:50 PM
HEY GUYS

INUYASHA

best anime evar.
NO WAI BLEACH IS!!1!  :anger:

My guess is their just using the redesign as a way of showing bringing Toonami back wasn't pointless.

LumRanmaYasha

Quote from: Daxdiv on March 10, 2013, 06:13:52 PM

They have the rights to Toriko now?

No. It's the original Big Three: Naruto, Bleach, and One Piece.

Foggle

LumRanmaYasha

Quote from: Graywulf on March 10, 2013, 06:16:38 PM

My guess is their just using the redesign as a way of showing bringing Toonami back wasn't pointless.

Well, it wasn't. The ratings for the anime block have gone up significantly, and the rotation of new shows, whether you like them or not, has increased as well.

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Foggle on March 10, 2013, 06:19:49 PM
INUYASHA
best anime evar.
:swoon:
Guys, you're all being childish and steering this topic away from what truly matters. We all know the true best anime is Bakemonogatari.

Avaitor

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on March 10, 2013, 06:23:34 PM
Quote from: Foggle on March 10, 2013, 06:19:49 PM
INUYASHA
best anime evar.
:swoon:
Guys, you're all being childish and steering this topic away from what truly matters. We all know the true best anime is Bakemonogatari.
No, Umineko.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Honestly, I still wouldn't mind Toonami getting to re-air some of the classic shows that did well on that block, at least ones that they could probably afford, like YYH and such (I'd also say Rurouni Kenshin, but being that Media Blasters lost the licensing rights to that show recently, I suppose that its kind of in limbo right now). Yeah, sure, all of you are going to say "but they already aired those old shows years ago and there's no point in airing them now," to which I would wholly disagree with, since by now there is practically a whole new generation of people watching Toonami who probably never saw some of the older stuff. Besides, a good show is a good show, and personally at this point I wouldn't mind watching some of that old stuff as opposed to what's on the block now.

Of course, that's not like I'm saying that they should just stick to classics. I like that they actually try to air new stuff, its just that most of what they're airing right now just isn't that interesting, IMO. I still think it'd be awesome if Toonami could license Black Lagoon, as well. Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid would be another good catch, which I think FUNimation currently holds the right to since ADV went under (I may be wrong, though), and it couldn't be that expensive to acquire as that series has been out for years, and wasn't exactly one of the best sellers out there to begin with.

Also, as far as One Piece goes, as I said I'm not a huge fan of it, but I still enjoy the early stuff well enough that I'd probably give it a watch if I ever remember when its on. Its at least more than I could say for any of the other shonen airing on that block, right now.

Spark Of Spirit

hey

do u guys think inuyasha shuld end up wit kagome or kikio lol?
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on March 10, 2013, 06:31:28 PM
hey

No way! Naraku x InuYasha all the way! Yay for man-on-main pairs! :joy:

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on March 10, 2013, 06:33:17 PM
hey

...Sesshoumaru x Inuyasha. Brotherly love is the one true love.

Rynnec

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on March 10, 2013, 06:33:17 PM
hey

It's all about Kagome x Kikyo bitches. 8)

Lord Dalek

LumRanmaYasha

hey

This doesn't work as a joke anymore. Kikyo dies. Inuyasha ends up with Kagome. No more debates.

I would pitch a better one, but I stay the hell away from rabid fandoms of shonen series, so I wouldn't have the pleasure of knowing any of their stupid little shipping arguments.  ;)