4:00 - Full Metal Panic
4:30 - Full Metal Alchemist
5:00 - Monster
5:30 - The Devil is A Part-timer

Spoiler
Yeah fuck you Sketch
[close]

Rosalinas Spare Wand

The censors would have a field day with that schedule.

Foggle

Quote from: Lord Dalek on May 05, 2013, 08:25:02 PM
TOONAMI FROM HEAVEN SCHEDULE 2013

12:00 - Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet
12:30 - Black Lagoon
1:00 - Psycho-Pass
1:30 - Puella Magi Madoka Magica
2:00 - Attack on Titan
2:30 - Fate/Zero
3:00 - JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
3:30 - Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt
4:00 - Full Metal Panic
4:30 - Full Metal Alchemist
5:00 - Monster
5:30 - The Devil is A Part-timer
MAKE IT HAPPEN CN

LumRanmaYasha

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on May 05, 2013, 08:06:55 PM
Naruto, Bleach, and One Piece are shonen series that were aimed at children, with two of the three airing on US child-friendly slots at previous years. How is that 18-34?

While all three are marketed to the shonen demographic in Japan, they have not been uniformly marketed to the same demographic here in the states. Bleach has been aimed to teens and young adults since the beginning of it's stateside release, and Funimation shifted it's focus to teens and young adults with One Piece shortly after it got taken off of Cartoon Network. Naruto has for a long while been marketed to the 9-14 demographic primarily, true, but with XD strangling Shippuden's rights and it's general failure on that channel, they are likely going after the audience who grew up with the series now, who would be around 18.

18-34 males is the target audience for all [adult swim] shows, and that's the target demographic [adult swim] has and wants Toonami aiming at, though. And, believe it or not, Naruto and Bleach get solid 18-34 ratings. A good 60% of their total viewers, mind you, which is comparable to the other shows on [adult swim]. Why do you think Bleach is still on [adult swim] after all these years? Fuck, why do you think InuYasha is still on after all these years? It doesn't matter if I personally think post-Soul Society Bleach is shit or not, it gets the damn 18-34 ratings, which is what [adult swim] wants, which is why it's still around to my chagrin, and which is what Toonami has actually been successfully in getting and improving on Saturday nights, which is why despite the block being far from perfect it's a success story for the network.

Uncontestably, Cowboy Bebop is the only show that was originally made for adults that is on the current Toonami block. Despite this, all those shows get more 18-34 ratings then they do kid ratings in spite of not being originally intended for the adult audience. This is pretty much how it's been for a good 80% of the anime that's been aired on [adult swim] over the years. It's nothing new.

Daxdiv, I was talking about the anime, which I don't think Viz distributes anymore. I too hope Kodansha can re-distribute the manga one of these days.

Quote from: Lord Dalek on May 05, 2013, 08:25:02 PM
TOONAMI FROM HEAVEN SCHEDULE 2013

My thoughts on this never gonna happen but much better than what we have now schedule:

12:00 - Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet - I've never seen this. What's it about and how good is it.
12:30 - Black Lagoon - I honestly don't like it quite as much as a lot of people, but it's badass.
1:00 - Psycho-Pass - Never seen it, heard it's good
1:30 - Puella Magi Madoka Magica - It wouldn't do well. Really like it, though.
2:00 - Attack on Titan - I don't know if this series stays good or not though, but the anime's animation is badass.
2:30 - Fate/Zero - Heard it's awesome, been wanting to see it.
3:00 - JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - YEAH!
3:30 - Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt - Good.
4:00 - Full Metal Panic - Heard it's awesome, been wanting to see it.
4:30 - Full Metal Alchemist - I honestly think this was the pretentious of the two unlike most people. Still love it though.
5:00 - Monster - I know for a fact it bombed on Sci-fi, but I also heard it's a masterpiece, so SURE!
5:30 - The Devil is A Part-timer -  :-X :awesome:

Why would Sketch not like this lineup? It's pretty great if completely unrealistic.

Foggle

Well, the reason kids don't watch Toonami is because it airs after their bedtime. Seriously, 9-14 year olds don't usually stay up to 6AM...

Lord Dalek

Quote from: Cartoon X on May 05, 2013, 08:38:34 PM
5:30 - The Devil is A Part-timer - It's okay. Sgt. Frog is a way better comedy choice, in my opinion.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Brotherhood is just as pretentious as the first series. The so called series "depth" is usually executed in either blatant exposition or characters can be read plain as day yet the show thinks its being subtle about it. I was never a huge fan of the first series and found that to be overrated as well, but I always felt that it was at least a little better when it came to characterization, especially for the villains, which were mostly pretty shallow bad guys in the manga and Brotherhood. Honestly, I don't think I'll ever truly get the love that FMA gets in general, but personally I'd take the first anime over the manga or Brotherhood.

Also, as for Toonami, it'd e awesome if we had a portion of the block dedicated the specials or movies, rather than other shows. We could at least take out stuff like both airings or Inu-Yasha and Cowboy Bebop (the former show just sucks, and the latter is great, but lets face it, WE'VE ALL SEEN THIS SHOW a bunch of times by now, so I doubt the block would lose much if it stopped airing reruns of it). It'd be pretty damn cool if they could get the rights to show some of the DTV animated DC features, as well as good anime movies like Ninja Scroll, Summer Wars, Redline, and so on. The Eva movie did well for them, and while that may just be because of NGE's fan-base, I still think the weekly movies could really work if they could get people interested enough in the movies they'd e airing through good previews to build up some hype. Its another interesting risk the lock could take, rather than running on so many re-runs of so many older shows to fill up that time with.

LumRanmaYasha

Quote from: Foggle on May 05, 2013, 08:49:04 PM
Well, the reason kids don't watch Toonami is because it airs after their bedtime. Seriously, 9-14 year olds don't usually stay up to 6AM...

I know/knew a lot of kids who stayed up late to watch [adult swim] and other late-night shows back in the day. I myself have fond memories staying up Friday late-nights to catch classic cartoons Cartoon Network and Disney Channel stopped airing during the daytime. Gooooooooooood times.  ;)

Anyway, doesn't change the fact adults do watch Toonami and kids do watch [adult swim]. A good 30% (or more...) of Family Guy's viewers are not above the age of 18, you know (lots of kids watch [adult swim]. I myself started watching [adult swim] when I was six (not to mention I'm also not 18 yet so I'm still under the target demographic  :>).

And geez Dalek, soo-rry that I find Sgt. Frog funnier as funny as Devil is A Part Timer, but I do. Part Timer has only aired like 4 episodes so far anyway. I don't know yet how the series as a whole will ultimately stack up to be, but I do know that Sgt. Frog has still entertained me much over the years. That's all there is to it.

Ensatsu-ken, the problem with the FMA  is not that the two series think they are more mature than they really are, but their fans do. The fans on both extremes have overrated them to the point you forget that the manga knows it's just a fun romp, and only got serious at parts to establish what the stakes were for the characters. As far as Brotherhood went, I always got the impression it knew that the manga just a fun shonen series that took itself a little too seriously and played up the action and epicness factor of it. I prefer pretty much all of the Brotherhood characterizations aside from Roy and Alphonse, who are really better in the first series. I said the first anime was the more pretentious of the two mainly because it treated the philosophy aspect of FMA more seriously, but it didn't really go any deeper aside from adding in some melodramatic parts. There are legitimately more mature aspects to the original FMA anime, but ultimately I feel that by taking itself too seriously throughout the show, it ultimately provided a far more unsatisfying conclusion and payoff than it's manga counterpart when they failed to really follow through on the philosophical themes the series built up, whereas it didn't matter so much in Brotherhood because that focused on the ride and fun action elements of the manga more.

The movie idea is awesome, but likely too expensive for them, unless DC stops their nonsense about not letting their stuff air on [adult swim] and/or Funimation works out a deal with them to air their movies suuuupppper cheap.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Yeah, I figured it would be too expensive, but like my Digimon Tamers idea, it was more just wishful thinking about my own ideal set-up, rather than an actual proposition of something that Toonami could actually do.

Kiddington

Quote from: Rosalinas Spare Wand on May 05, 2013, 01:04:27 AM
What I can't wrap my head around is how people could sit through an hour of Bleach and Naruto.

Because TOM and fancy wraparounds.

Seriously, the hardcore fanbase would probably watch an hour of Boku No Pico if TOM told them to.

The Shadow Gentleman

QuoteEnsatsu-ken, the problem with the FMA  is not that the two series think they are more mature than they really are, but their fans do.
Thats my beef with a lot of fanbases.

Quote from: Kiddington on May 06, 2013, 01:42:46 AM
Seriously, the hardcore fanbase would probably watch an hour of Boku No Pico if TOM told them to.
Don't jinx it.

Sgt. Frog is a way better comedy choice, in my opinion.

LumRanmaYasha

Well, sue me. I like Sgt. Frog:anger:  O0

The Shadow Gentleman

Quote from: Cartoon X on May 06, 2013, 07:28:50 AM
Well, sue me. I like Sgt. Frog:anger:
No problem. We all like what we like. This whole site exists because some people have different opinions.

Daikun

LumRanmaYasha