Toonami

Started by Rynnec, May 21, 2012, 02:35:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LumRanmaYasha

Here's a little something I made recently for a contest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUY5XtAHNHw

Peanutbutter

Silverstar

If Steve means what I think he means, then that's great news! But I thought Cartoon Network gave up the rights to that show.
Twinsanity - the Star Twins' blog. Cartoons. Pop Culture. Comedy. Opinions. Commentary. Analysis. Geekiness.

Peanutbutter

They did as far as I know, but it probably didn't take that long for them to get them back from whatever company had them.

Daikun

Quote from: Peanutbutter on July 10, 2013, 03:05:11 PMIt looks like a certain eXtra Large Robot is joining the Toonami lineup.  :swoon: :worship:

I know. Big O is coming back.
:happytime:

Quote from: Silverstar on July 10, 2013, 05:40:00 PMIf Steve means what I think he means, then that's great news! But I thought Cartoon Network gave up the rights to that show.

They did the same for IGPX.

Nel_Annette

It has begun, children. Revel in it's "this premise is such bullshit" glory.

Daikun

Quote from: Daikun on May 05, 2013, 06:34:42 PMZatch Bell would make a great addition to Vortexx.

Quote from: Cartoon X on May 05, 2013, 07:56:17 PMAnyway, I think Viz stopped distributing the series long ago, so it's not going anywhere, much less Toonami (and even if it could air on it, I wouldn't want it on Toonami. I like the show a lot and all, but especially with the Viz dub it wouldn't fit on an adult-oriented block).

Hey, look what just got relicensed!

LumRanmaYasha

I'm not sure whether they have the ability to license the series for television broadcast in the U.S. again, though. They might just have the home video distribution rights. In any case, it'll be great to finally purchase the series on DVD again, since I never bought the season 1 releases Viz put out way back when and they never released it in full. It would be nice if it was a sub-only release, if only to get the final 47 episodes that Viz never dubbed on DVD as well.

Daikun

Quote from: Nel_Annette on June 30, 2013, 10:39:19 PMSomeone tell me the day the bad episodes air so I can see the reactions on TZ's Toonami board.  :sly:

You don't have to wait long. The FIRST episode is already getting ragged on!

Lap up all the misery here. :sly:

Peanutbutter

*Tries to imitate Mario from Glove and Boots voice*

OH DEAR LORD!!! EVEN GATOMON HATED IT?!!?! What spawn of Satan is this that has befallen to us?!!!!

Nel_Annette

Quote from: Daikun on July 29, 2013, 01:26:07 AM
Quote from: Nel_Annette on June 30, 2013, 10:39:19 PMSomeone tell me the day the bad episodes air so I can see the reactions on TZ's Toonami board.  :sly:

You don't have to wait long. The FIRST episode is already getting ragged on!

Lap up all the misery here. :sly:

:awesome: Oh I know man. I was right in there with the rest of them. This series may end up giving me the most fun I've had on TZ in a long while.

Foggle

Wow, they all hated what is probably the best episode of the show. Can't wait to see how they react when it gets really bad.

Rynnec

That was the best episode of the show? :wth:

Foggle

Quote from: Rynnec on July 29, 2013, 04:05:07 PM
It has the least otaku pandering and the best character writing of the entire series.

...I know.

Rynnec

Quote from: Foggle on July 29, 2013, 04:48:19 PM
Quote from: Rynnec on July 29, 2013, 04:05:07 PM
It has the least otaku pandering and the best character writing of the entire series.

...I know.

This is going to be a fun 24 weeks.