Toonami

Started by Rynnec, May 21, 2012, 02:35:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rynnec

Clone Wars is something they should've aired much earlier. Nice about Evangelion 2.22 though.

LumRanmaYasha

Quote from: Daikun on July 31, 2013, 04:30:30 PM
The Clone Wars = Meh. Nice to see they're adding more variety to the lineup, but couldn't they pick something better?

They said it was practically free for them to air. That and the fact they've wanted to air it for a long time led them to put it on.

Personally, while I'm not a big fan of it, I think it's addition was a good decision because it new to [adult swim] reruns after the first season and will take up a slot for two good years, meaning less immediate repeats of the shorter series and a better rotation for them. I can dig that. Plus, the variety thing is nice to see too.

The next time a window will open up for a new show will be the last week of October, when IGPX ends and both Big O and Bebop end their current runs. I wouldn't expect a newer title, but with fans ranting and demanding them to air "adult" anime, I'd hope one of those shows takes a break for something both new to the network and a good series produced for a primary audience of adults *cough* Black Lagoon *cough*.

Peanutbutter

The Clone Wars is all right. Its a good to decent show, the problem with it is that its continuity has ADD. It'll have one episode with Anakin and Obi-Wan, then a three episode arc with the Sith, then another episode or two with the Clone Army etc. It goes way too all over the place.  And plus, the beginnings of a lot of episodes don't even explain what happened in the previous episode; they just cover a short time skip. It should have just picked ONE and only ONE set of characters per season. Not all this jump over all around and ahead nonsense.

Daikun

Quote from: Daikun on June 27, 2013, 11:04:54 PM
Quote from: Lord Dalek on June 27, 2013, 01:33:53 PMYou're assuming an AS friendly company will be the one to get grab Big O if and when it comes up.

I would say it's the most likely scenario. Unless there are other companies I'm overlooking, Sentai is the only company that has a strained relationship with CN/AS. Everyone else is fair game.

God damn it! :gonk:

VLordGTZ

Quote from: Daikun on August 10, 2013, 08:23:42 PM
Quote from: Daikun on June 27, 2013, 11:04:54 PM
Quote from: Lord Dalek on June 27, 2013, 01:33:53 PMYou're assuming an AS friendly company will be the one to get grab Big O if and when it comes up.

I would say it's the most likely scenario. Unless there are other companies I'm overlooking, Sentai is the only company that has a strained relationship with CN/AS. Everyone else is fair game.

God damn it! :gonk:
CURSE YOU SENTAI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :anger:

LumRanmaYasha

Actually, Sentai is apparently interested in getting some of their titles on Cartoon Network/[adult swim]/Toonami, so it's not completely impossible for season one of The Big O to return, but I still wouldn't say it's likely to ever happen, since Toonami is more focused on getting newer/new to the block shows than already aired titles.

As far as I'm concerned, the bigger priority should be getting Michiko to Hatchin or Black Lagoon, or heck, a crap load of newer awesome, made for a primary audience of adult titles, than reruns of a great, but played out older series.

Lord Dalek

Besides Big O (and maybe Majestic Prince), does Sentai have anything that CN would even want to air? Remember this is the company that thought licensing Flowers of Evil was a good and profitable idea.

Rynnec

Battle Girls Time Paradox
Koihime Musou
Horizon In The Middle Of Nowhere
Destiny of the Shrine Maiden
Fate/Stay Night
Prisma Illya

LumRanmaYasha

"Filler never felt so good."

Ha, that's easily one of the best lines they've ever said in a promo.  :lol:

Daikun

While we're briefly on the subject of Sentai...

Does anyone happen to know what their pricing is like? Is it crazy expensive like Aniplex?

Foggle

Quote from: Daikun on August 11, 2013, 12:19:23 AM

Does anyone happen to know what their pricing is like? Is it crazy expensive like Aniplex?
About the same as Funi. Aniplex is the only terrible US distributor as far as I know.

Daikun

Oh, good. Although season 1's chances of coming back to TV seem slim now, at least I know I can get it on Blu-Ray for cheap. :thumbup:

Lord Il

Quote from: Foggle on August 11, 2013, 12:21:16 AM
Quote from: Daikun on August 11, 2013, 12:19:23 AM

About the same as Funi. Aniplex is the only terrible US distributor as far as I know.
I haven't done price comparisons among distributors for a while. I do know that in Sentai's earlier days their prices seemed more on the ridiculous side (their first few titles had only mediocre dubs, too). They may've smartened up since then.

Aniplex USA.. well, they need a swift kick in the ass.

Lord Dalek

With Sentai you can buy all 106 episodes of the original Gatchaman on Blu for 1/7th of what Aniplex is charging for Lagann.

There you go.

Lord Dalek

Quote from: Daikun on August 11, 2013, 12:23:38 AM
Oh, good. Although season 1's chances of coming back to TV seem slim now, at least I know I can get it on Blu-Ray for cheap. :thumbup:
You might be disappointed from the lack of Big O! As the theme song.