Toonami

Started by Rynnec, May 21, 2012, 02:35:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Just find a way to fit Hunter X Hunter (2011) in there and I'd be pretty satisfied.

Also, maybe Hajime no Ippo would work as well if someone licensed and dubbed seasons 2 and 3 since even if season 1 is old by now, the series is still relevant what with it having new anime material currently being produced for it.

Rynnec

VLordGTZ

Space Dandy and 6.5 hour toonami............AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! :shakeshakeshake:

Lord Dalek

Well the winter clusterfuck just got interesting.

Foggle

I just hope they don't cut down the OP for Toonami. Viva Namida is so amazing.

Lord Dalek

Quote from: Foggle on October 25, 2013, 11:23:43 AM
I just hope they don't cut down the OP for Toonami. Viva Namida is so amazing.
Its the new first half hour. They ain't cutting it.

Avaitor

Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

LumRanmaYasha

News of merit from today's Tumblr Q&A session:
Quote from: adyniz on Toonzone
* FLCL will run twice, so that they can make some things happen later.
* Toonami's budget has been slightly increased.
* Toonami's Spacy Dandy deal was initiated about 10 months ago.
* The future of 11:30pm timeslot depends on how well it does.
* Top 5 requested shows: Attack on Titan, DBZ, Fairy Tail, Toriko, Kill La Kill

Plus, a tidbit I found amusing:

Quoteanonymous asked:

What are the top 5 strangest shows you ever aired?

QuoteToonami answered:

1. Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo
2. FLCL
3. Blue Submarine No. 6
4. Hamtaro

after that, we think they all have weird moments but none are as crazy as those 4.

:)

Foggle

The Blue Submarine No. 6 OST is godly.

I really hope Kill la Kill gets onto Toonami, but I won't hold my breath. I also don't have high hopes for the dub since it's Aniplex of America.

Grave

I haven't watched Toonami since it first came back. It's only so many times I can continue to watch the same shows over and over. If I wanted to watch the same shows repeatedly I'd watch my dvds (FMA:B and CB being the main targets), and as hooked as I was when IGPX first aired it was not enough to get me into Toonami (not to mention I don't stay up nearly as late anymore).

That being said, depending on the line up (give the most notorious shows that repeats often a break), with the addition of Space Dandy and admittedly not being completely on board with Kill la Kill yet, but if Funimation license it and they get the right V/A's for it (which could win me over) I'd be willing to tune in again.

LumRanmaYasha

Quote from: Grave on October 27, 2013, 04:09:42 PM
That being said, depending on the line up (give the most notorious shows that repeats often a break), with the addition of Space Dandy and admittedly not being completely on board with Kill la Kill yet, but if Funimation license it and they get the right V/A's for it (which could win me over) I'd be willing to tune in again.

Unfortunately, Aniplex of America has licensed Kill la Kill, which means the dub for it will likely be mediocre at best.

Lord Dalek

If they even bother to dub it at all (still annoyed about Magi).

LumRanmaYasha

Wait, they aren't dubbing Magi? What the hell! ???

Foggle

Quote from: Lord Dalek on October 27, 2013, 04:26:28 PM
If they even bother to dub it at all (still annoyed about Magi).
It's actually popular with western fans. They'll dub it.

The problem is, there are very few American voice actors who I feel can pull off the kind of performances seen in the Japanese Kill la Kill, and as far as I know, none of them are part of Aniplex's usual talent pool.

Lord Dalek

Quote from: Cartoon X on October 27, 2013, 04:31:41 PM
Wait, they aren't dubbing Magi? What the hell! ???
Oh its dubbed, they just dumped it on Neon Alley.

Because... boobs I guess.